Twelve Times She's Flashed Back

Beautifully Fake [Slowly Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A\N: I just wanted to say this chapter isn't very funny, but it is what a lot of you asked for lol. Also  the story will be getting more interesting (Hopefully) from here on out:) Thank you for all the subs, upvotes, and comments--if you haven't upvoted, it's very much appreciated--hope you enjoy^~^

 

Sunday

 

Iseul woke up the next morning to a knock on her door, she groaned, "Come in," she wasn't sure if what she said was understandable, but she was too tired to form a sentence at that moment.

"What if I was a murder?" Jaehyun asked as he walked into the room, Iseul snorted, "You'd be a very polite murder, since you knocked." She stated. 
"Whatever--my mom told me to eat breakfast with you." Iseul sighed but got up none-the-less. "I'll wait outside while you try to," he gestured to all of her, "fix that." Iseul grabbed a pillow to throw at him but he'd already slammed the door, she could hear his stupid laugh from the other side. 

 

As she put her hair up into a high ponytail she remembered her talk with Taeyong, when she told him they could talk today, just not yesterday. Regret started to sink in. 
Why wouldn't he let her stay mad? Why did he have to joke around and give her things that made her remember him--she still has that photo on her nightstand, the one of her under the cherry blossom tree. 

Finally she snapped out of her daze and headed out of her room, 
"Finally," Jaehyun said as he heaved himself off the couch, Iseul made a show of doing a lazy twirl, "Is this fixed enough?" Jaehyun smiled, "Much better, though for what it's worth you did look fine before."

He said the last bit so casually, Iseul almost didn't realize it was a compliment, a roundabout one, but she'd take it. 

"Is their a special reason why the queen wants us to eat together?" Iseul asked as they walked into the chilly morning air. Mark was following behind them. Iseul couldn't help but notice that Jaehyun seemed different today, she couldn't put her finger on why, but, he seemed to be paying more attention to her. 

"She said we need to spend more time together, something about developing our relationship." He looked at her face, studding her reaction. 
Iseul scrunched her nose, "I guess that'd understandable," since the queen doesn't know Iseul isn't the one he needs to build a relationship with. 

That fact seems to be coming to Iseul's mind less and less, which in two words is; very troublesome. 

The rest of the walk to the dinning room was walked in silence, the pair both lost in their separate thoughts.

 

"What should we talk about, buddy." Iseul said as their food was brought to them. Jaehyun shrugged, "Why would I know," Iseul rolled her eyes at his sassy remark, "Fine, I'll start the conversation," she paused to think, "What's your favorite color?" 

Jaehyun raised an eyebrow, "That's what you want to know?" Iseul nodded innocently, "Shouldn't I know the basic stuff?" 
"Why would you want to?" Jaehyun asked, his curiosity getting to him, he wanted to know how her brain worked, 
"Because, you said we were friends, but I don't truly know anything about you, so, Jeong Jaehyun, what's your favorite color?" 

Jaehyun stared at her for a minute before answering, "White, yours?" Iseul smiled, "Purple, why is your favorite color white?" Jaehyun shrugged, "Do I have to have a reason?" Iseul shook her head, "You don't have to, I just thought you might." Jaehyun troubled his lip for a second, "When I look at it I feel calm, like I'm in an empty room and it's just me, and I feel safe...why do you like purple?" He again, gave her back her question. 

"Purple means a lot of things," Iseul stated before stuffing her face with a big piece of pancake. 

Jaehyun was sure the topic had been used up, so he changed it, "Do you have any plans today?" If she was going to ask basic things, he would to. 

Iseul frowned, "I'm hoping I don't, but I think I will." Jaehyun smirked at her reply, her words were vague, and if he hadn't been paying attention he probably would have gotten confused. 

"Do you not like your plans?" He asked, Iseul shrugged, "I have mixed feeling about them." Was she not going to tell him her plans? Perhaps she didn't want him to know, or maybe she was giving him an opening for a longer conversation. How was he suppose to know how her mind worked, but, in his opinion--those words were an invite for curiosity. 

"What are these plans of yours?" 

Iseul swallow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter