Bonus Chapter

Beautifully Fake [Slowly Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Over two months have passed since Iseul was announced as the princess to-be. What a wild two months it was. The queen would not stop pressuring Jaehyun to announce the new date for the royal wedding, but her stubborn son had yet to do so. Before he did that, he wanted to give Iseul the proper proposal, after all, this wasn't just  some business deal anymore. All of these things filled his mind as he zoned out. 

"Jaehyun, are you listening?" Taeyong snapped, he'd been talking for the past five minutes about Jaehyun taking things more seriously. It was just like him to not even be listening. "Huh?" Jaehyun's dumb responds just solidified Taeyong's hunch--his friend had the attention span of a puppy. 

"Jaehyun, let me paraphrase so you don't lose focus: everyone wants to know the new wedding date, people are going to start making rumors about a cancelation." Taeyong sat himself back down in his chair, combing a hand through his hair. "Even your father is growing impatient." And the king was usually a very patient person. But to be frank, when the king gave them permission to push back the wedding, he thought it would only be for a month or so, not pushing three. If they were a normal couple, that short amount of time before mirage would most likely be called stupid--heck even if their relationship had been exposed normally the king wouldn't be pushing as hard for it to be soon. But given the fact that it had technically, already been scheduled, they wanted everything done quickly.

"I know," Jaehyun sighed and he stood up, "I'll give you a date soon, okay?" He asked hopefully, his meeting with Taeyong had already gone past it's expected time. He had other things he'd rather be attending to. Taeyong tapped his finger on his desk for a few seconds before responding, "Fine, leave." Jaehyun's face spread into a smile, he sent Taeyong a wink before leaving the room. 

Taeyong sighed, sometimes it felt like he was talking to a child. 

~~~

Iseul swung her arm backwards, then with perfect aim swung it forward. The TV screen started flashing the words 'strike'. "Ha! I won!" She said to Mark happily. Mark rolled his eyes, "Whatever, I'm done." He was beyond tired of losing to her at Wii Bowling. Iseul scrunched her nose, "Sore loser" she coughed the words out. "Should I ask to be transferred, I'd much rather be a bodyguard for Taeyong." Mark joked. Iseul sent him a glare, "You wouldn't." Mark tilted his head from side to side, "Wanna bet?" Before Iseul could say anything back, Mark was already running to his room. 

Iseul threw herself onto the couch. It was only two o'clock on Saturday, and she was bored out of her mind. She spent most of the day beating Mark at Wii sports. She was beginning to feel bad, so it was probably a good thing he called it quits. Iseul flipped  herself onto her stomach, so that her face was now squished into the couch, which wasn't the most comfortable. She didn't even flinch when the front door bell rang, then it rang again, and again. Finally she heard Mark stomping his way to the door, "Don't worry I'll get it!" 

Mark came walking back to his room just a second later, "It was for you." She heard his door shut behind him

"What'd you do to upset him?" Jaehyun asked. Iseul smiled into the sofa, "He's a sore loser." Her words came out muffled but Jaehyun still managed to make out what she was saying. "Classic Mark," he shook his head, as he walked over to sit down on the couch. "Are you not going to move?" He asked in a humorous voice. Iseul sighed as she forced herself to sit up prope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter