Six Letters: Meddle

Beautifully Fake [Slowly Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hong Iseul; a girl who has absolutely no rhyme or reason for anything she does. She's terrible at telling when someones in a bad mood. Others might take it as her being bad at reading people--which would be true--that's why when she saw the crown prince stomping his way outside she didn't even stop to think he might not want to deal with anyone. So she ran right up to him, 

"Yah, crown prince!" She said as she fell into step with him. Jaehyun looked over his shoulder for a second before looking back in front of him. "What do you want?" He asked with a sigh, Iseuls face screwed up, 

What's his problem? 

"I thought I'd say hello--are you heading to school?" He nodded.  Getting him to hold a conversation was proving to be harder and harder, it was foolish of her to think they'd be better friends after their 'date'.  "Mark and I are gonna leave soon." She informed him.

Iseul always wanted to go to college but never had the money, sure she wasn't too excited about getting back into the school-goers routine, but what can she do--it's not like the king gave her a choice anyway. She was thankful he at least let her pick her major. 

"Are you not going to wear that stupid costume?" He asked, referring to the scarf and hat she wore on their 'date'.  Iseul shook her head, "No, I'm just not going to talk to you there." Jaehyun smiled, "Ah, what a pleasant surprise."  His voice was completely lacking any sarcasm, which kind of stung. "Wow, I was hoping you would atleast be a polite person." Iseul muttered as she stomped off. 

"Bad temper," Jaehyun said to himself as he watched her leave. 

---------------

 

"School ." Iseul said flatly as she took a seat across Mark at their cafeteria table. Mark smiled at her, "It's your first day," Iseul groaned, "I know! We still have two days till the weekend!" She whined, "You're even worse then in high school," that's saying a lot since high school Iseul was not the most pleasant. 

"Mark, if I don't make it through this week, just know...you ." She smiled when he flicked her forehead, "At least I'm not a twit." He stuck his tongue out. The two laughed as they ate their food, 

 

What they didn't know is that Jaehyun and his friends were just a few tables away, watching their conversation. "Is she dating him?" Sicheng asked, his forehead creased as Mark flicked Iseuls forehead. They seemed close, even for friends, Jaehyun just shrugged, "Why should I care?" 
Yuta and Sicheng shared a look, finally Yuta spoke up, "Why are you being such a jerk?" Jaehyun poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue but didn't say anything. 
"You're going to have to stop pouting eventually, or at least stop blaming her." Sicheng said before taking a bite of his food, "I don't blame her, but looking at her makes me upset." The table grew quite. What do you even say to that? They don't know what it feels like to be forced into mirage, sure they were both royalty but they'd never been forced into an arranged mirage. "Just remember that she's not trying to force this either." Yuta felt like a broken record as he said almost the same thing again. 
Jaehyun's eyes wondered back over to Iseul who was taking a piece of chicken off of Marks tray. 
Ugh.

------------

"Think about signing up for afterschool activities. The future Queen should be good at a wide verity of things."

  The Kings words ran through Iseuls head as stared at the bulletin b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter