Attacked

Oh, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The room was filled with silence for a good minute until Baekhyun started to talk, “It’s not completely not true.” Yejin shot her head up when she heard what Baekhyun said. What does he mean? Nothing is true, she thought.

“We were together at the coffee place, that’s true. She rode my car, that’s true. I have a girlfriend, that’s true. She’s my girlfriend, that’s not true,” Baekhyun explained further. Yejin relieved after she heard the explanation.

“Okay, that’s good to know. So, are you going to do anything about this?” Mr. Byun asked Baekhyun but he stayed quiet. “Give me some time,” was all Baekhyun said before he went up the stairs.

The tension was not getting any better when Mr. Byun also left without saying any word. Yejin looked at her mom who was just sitting there silently, looking at her cup of tea.

Yejin wanted to talk to her mom so bad but she did not want to be the one to set her pride aside. “Do you know where we went for the past few days?” her mom asked, breaking the silence.

Yejin looked at her without saying anything. She returned Yejin’s gaze, “We were looking for a wedding avenue in Jeju Island,” her mom smiled faintly, “It was all good and fun until,” she stopped and looked away, “until we heard about your news.”

Guilt somehow gushed over Yejin’s body, “Mom, you know it’s not true,” she said.

Her mom took a deep breathe, “I know,” and looked at her daughter once again.  “Yejin, I really hope we can just live peacefully as a family. I am tired. I am really tired, Yejin-ah,” she continued said as her eyes getting teary.

When Yejin saw her mom tearing up like that, she started to feel so bad, “Mom, I’m sorry I,” “Stop. I really don’t want to hear anything right now,” Yejin was cut by her mom.

Yejin sensed the seriousness from her mom, that she did not want to talk any further. Though, Yejin wanted her to know that she was just as frustrated as her mom but her mom wouldn’t give Yejin a chance to speak.

Her mom stood up and left Yejin in the living room. Frustration slowly crept into Yejin’s mind as she did not have anyone to talk to. Her tears dropped to her thigh unconsciously.

She was supposed to get ready for dinner with Eunmi but she forgot about all that. She went up to her room. As soon as she was inside, Yejin squatted down, hugged her knees and cried as loud as she could, not realizing there was someone else in the room.

After she cried for a while, she finally lifted her head up to find a pair of foot in front of her. She yelled out because she was surprised, and slammed her to the floor. She calmed down when she saw that it was Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter