Let's Get Closer!

Oh, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It did not take much effort for Yejin to convince Eunmi to go to EXO’s concert with her. In fact, she agreed almost immediately. They spend the day shopping and catching up some campus gossips before they attended the concert.

The concert was so loud, but Yejin and Eunmi had fun. Both of the girls were not used to the craziness because they were nerds, but they did enjoy the songs. Yejin could not help but to smile for the whole concert. Of course, her eyes were only glued to Baekhyun whenever he was on stage. He was so y, and cute, and funny. He was perfect. It seemed like she did not know who that person was, but she enjoyed watching him.

After the concert, the girls along with others’ family members were escorted to get out from the concert hall before it completely ended so that they did not have to go through the crowd and traffics.

Yejin got home around eleven at night. She started to finish off her project that she needed to submit on Monday’s classes. In the middle of doing so, she suddenly realized that Taehyung had not been contacting her at all. She wondered if he was busy or that was just how Taehyung dated. She was not the type of girl who wanted attention 24/7 anyway so she just let it go.

Baekhyun arrived home around two a.m. He noticed from the small gap underneath Yejin’s door that the lights from her room was still on. He knocked on her door, did not know what for, but he wanted to talk to her. He waited for a while until Yejin slowly opened the door and peeked through the small gap.

Yejin opened the door wider once she saw Baekhyun was standing in front of her room. “Oh, hi,” she quietly greeted.

Baekhyun stared at her sleepy face, “Why are you not asleep yet?” he asked.

“Oh, I have some more homework to finish,” she explained as she hugged herself with her hoodie.

“Oh. So,” he paused to think of what to ask, “Did you enjoy the concert?”

Yejin nodded, not knowing how to act. She couldn’t even look at him properly because she just came home from his concert. She felt intimidated.

“Okay, good luck with your homework,” he said and then he lightly patted Yejin’s head before going back to his room. Yejin froze when she felt Baekhyun’s hand was on her head.

Despite that she already had a boyfriend, she found herself liking the fact that Baekhyun was slowly getting closer to her. They were going to be siblings anyway, so getting closer was a great idea in her mind.

Soon as she went back into her room, she noticed her phone was buzzing. She quickly grabbed it and she saw Taehyung on the called id. She did not pick it up right away.

It was not that she wanted to ignore her boyfriend but not calling his girlfriend for days and then suddenly called her in the middle of the night just kind of made her mad. She thought it was probably a drunk call anyway, so she decided to ignore the call and play the hard-to-get card for once.

The next morning, Yejin started preparing for school like any other days. She had time to eat breakfast since she did not wake up late. She went down to the dining room only to find her mom and Mr. Byun that were ready for breakfast.

“Morning, Yejin,” both Mr. Byun and her mom greeted her.

“Morning mom, Mr. Byun,” she greeted them back, but her eyes were looking at the stairs, peeking the stairs. She wondered where Baekhyun was.

The three of them ended had their breakfast without Baekhyun. She did not ask anything to the adults as well.

“By the way, how is Baekhyun treating you, Yejin?” Mr. Byun asked all of a sudden.

Yejin froze at his question. She wanted to say that it was find but then the memory of him treating her roughly a few weeks ago suddenly popped up in her head.

“Yejin, Mr. Byun is asking you a question,” her mom restated the question when she noticed that Yejin stayed quiet.

Yejin then ignored her thoughts and told them that he had been treating her nicely. She even bragged about Baekhyun giving her tickets to see his concert. Of course, they were happy to hear that the children were getting along.

As Yejin arrived at her university, she got a little nervous because next thing was to face her boyfriend who was going to teach in her class for two hours.

Yejin was reviewing her notes with Eunmi for the quiz when she saw Taehyung walked into the class. The class started normally. In fact, it was too normal that it kind of bothered her how Taehyung acted so casually.

She couldn’t stay focus during the quiz and the whole lecture. It confused her even more when Taehyun dismissed the class ten minutes earlier and walked out without even looking at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter