Midnight Talk

Oh, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a Thursday night, she came home really late. Taehyung’s car was parked outside of her house. They were about to say goodbye but ended up having a short make out session. It was almost 1 a.m. “Why can’t you just come home with me?” Taehyung asked while his hands supporting her hip on his thigh. And yes, they became that close after only a week.

Yejin smiled, gave him a peck on the lips, then get her weight off him, “Because I have something to do tomorrow,” she said sweetly.

“You always have something to do,” Taehyung pouted. That image of Taehyung pouting in front of her, amused her in so many levels. He was still her instructor in class who were strict and serious, yet he became this little whiny kid who always pouted whenever he’s with her.

“I’m sorry,” she said, squeezing Taehyung’s chin lightly. “Drive safely, okay? Bye,” she said as she opened the door.She stopped when Taehyung pulled her purse. “Taehyung, it’s already late, I really need to go,” she protested, pulling back her purse but Taehyung wouldn’t let go.

“Well, then listen to this before you go,” Taehyung said, looking all serious. She got curious so she stayed in and waited for what Taehyung had to say.

She raised her eyebrows, indicated, ‘what?’. “I think,” Taehyung started, “I think I have fall in love with you,” he confessed. Upon hearing those words, Yejin tensed up and her smile faded away. The silence washed over them, and the tension became awkward. After the painful silence, Taehyung chuckled, “I mean, I think I am, but you don’t have to answer me. I just want you to know how I feel. Now you can go,” he let go of her purse, face flushed as soon as he heard himself.

It took Yejin a while to register the whole situation, “Okay, I, I think I really have to leave. Good night,” she stuttered as she got out of the car without looking back. As she got to the gate, there was a light that blinded her sight. She looked back while put her hand up to shade over her eyes.

She recognized the car, it was Baekhyun’s. His head popped out of the window when he saw Yejin, “Yejin? Why are you outside?” he kind of yelled from his car. The automatic gate opened slowly, Yejin just get in through the big gate instead of the side one.

She felt like she needed to properly greet Baekhyun since it’s been a while since they met, so she waited on the garage door while Baekhyun parked his car.

“Did you just get home?” Baekhyun said as he walked over to where Yejin was. She nodded with a smile. For some reason, Yejin was happy that she finally got to see Baekhyun. “Let’s get in, it’s cold,” he said as he opened the door and let Yejin enter first.

“Do you always come home this late?” he asked while both put off their shoes. “No, but my boyfri,” she stopped as she remembered Taehyung wasn’t even her boyfriend yet, “a friend of mine had a party and I was asked to accompany him, and the party took a while,” she said, while thinking whether what she said made sense or not.

Baekhyun chuckled because, of course, he heard her almost said “boyfriend”. “It’s okay if you’re out with your boyfriend until this late. I won’t tell anyone if that’s what you’re afraid of,” he said while smiling at her.

“Oh, no, no we’re” Yejin protested but Baekhyun cut her, “Unless, you make me upset, the I’ll report to your mom,” he said playfully. Yejin was speechless. “He’s really not my boyfriend though,” she uttered quietly.

They w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter