A Visit to Mom's

Oh, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Yejin busied herself by checking everything that she needed for the trip before she left for the airport. She swung her backpack over to her back then and pulled her luggage, took a last glance at her room before shutting the door closed.

She dragged her heavy luggage through the hall, then tried her best to carry the luggage down the stairs.

“Oh my gosh,” she groaned halfway down the stairs. She rested the luggage to use one of her hands to move her hair to one side to see better.

Before she could carry the luggage back, someone behind picked the luggage up. Of course, it was no other than Byun Baekhyun. Yejin was quite surprised that he actually showed up to help her.

“Uh, thank you,” she said as she ran down catching up with Baekhyun.

Once, they stepped the ground on the first floor, Baekhyun, who was wearing a robe by the way, looked at her with sleepy eyes. He took a deep breathe, “You’re leaving now?” he asked.

Yejin casually answered, “Mm-hmm,” as she tried to reach her luggage from Baekhyun. Before she could reach it, Baekhyun pulled it further away from her.

“Where’s your ride? I’ll help you to put this in the trunk,” he said.

“Uh, thanks but I can take care of it by myself,” she said as she tried to reach the luggage again.

“Tsk,” Baekhyun clicked his tongue and moved the luggage to the other side of his body, “Unless you’re gonna crack all these ceramics floor, you’re not gonna carry this thing. What did you put in this anyways?” he asked as he carried the luggage, trying to feel its weight, “I didn’t think you’d have this much stuff.”

Yejin pouted, “It’s a four-days trip, what do you expect?”

Baekhyun just lightly laughed at her remark. “So, where’s your ride?” he asked.

“It’s not here yet. I was actually going to have breakfast first before I go,” she answered.

“Oh, great. Let’s have breakfast together then. And you’re making me one because you woke me up and you made me help you with this,” he said as he pointed to the luggage.

“I,” Yejin was about to defend herself because she never made him do anything but Baekhyun was already walking away. She just shrugged it off since it was not a big deal to make breakfast anyway, “Fine.”

Both of them went to the kitchen. Baekhyun made coffee while Yejin started to take out some ingredients.

“I was just going to make pancakes. Are you okay with that?” Yejin asked while putting the ingredients together, basically already starting to prepare the batter.

“Mm,” Baekhyun replied shortly and took a seat on the barstool, drinking his coffee while watching Yejin. Yejin on the other hand did not realize that Baekhyun was watching her every move, she was just focusing on getting the pancakes done so she could eat and leave. “Do you need help?” Baekhyun asked just because he felt like he needed to ask.

“No, thanks,” Yejin replied without looking at Baekhyun. She made a couple of pancakes for both of them.

“Are you flying with someone? Or are you going alone?” Baekhyun asked casually, he felt it was getting awkward because they were quiet.

Yejin was focusing on her task because after all, she was making pancakes for mighty Byun Baekhyun. What if he doesn’t like it? Is he going to smash it away? She was too focus on her thoughts that she did not realize that Baekhyun was talking to her.

Baekhyun notice that she did not hear him. So he get off the stool and walked towards where Yejin was. Yejin did not realize that he moved until she bumped to him.

“Oh?” she yelped, not too loud. “Oh, sorry,” she apologized with a nervous smile and stood there frozen, hoping Baekhyun would not yell at her or worse, beat her or something.

To her surprise, Baekhyun chuckled and said, “That’s okay.” She looked up at him and she saw the most angelic face of him with bed his hair down, no makeup, looking all innocent yet also hot. She distracted herself with the pancake-making to avoid his gaze.

“So, are you going alone?” he repeated his question.

“Um, no. I am flying with my friend,” she answered.

Baekhyun just nodded while looking at her cooking silently.

“About my mom,” he suddenly started to talk which made Yejin surprised because she thought he didn’t like to talk about his mom, “she lives in Jeju.” Yejin paused at whatever she was doing and looked up at him. He was not looking back at her though. Instead, he kept his eyes on the stove.

“That’s why I did not give the best reaction, I guess, when they announced they’re getting married at Jeju,” he hesitantly explained his feelings. “It’s almost like my dad is purposely doing it there,” he explained further.

“What do you mean purposely?” Yejin asked, keeping her gaze on him.

Baekhyun slowly looked at her and said, “There’s no way he invited my mom to the wedding, but at the same time, there’s no way my mom wouldn’t know about the wedding especially if it’s in held Jeju.”

Yejin was still confused at his explanation but she decided not to ask further. She’s just going to listen to whatever Baekhyun wanted to say.

“My mom and dad separated on bad terms, and that happened when I was super young. My mom left me to my dad, as if there was never an intention to take me with her,” he looked away from Yejin and continued, “It was fine at first, but my dad grew colder when he started going out with women. He stopped being a dad, until he met your mom, he seemed to start to care again. I thought it was just for show and that I was being a puppet. It bothered me even more when your mom moved in and acted like she cared about me. And then you came,” he paused and touching random stuff on the counter, “I really thought I was going to be pushed out of the family,” he peeked at the pancake, “wow, you’re gonna burn that,” he said while pointing to the pancake.

Yejin gasped and quickly turned the pancake to find that side was all burnt. Luckily, she made quite a lot of batter, so she threw that away and made another pancake.

As she was focusing on cooking, Baekhyun decided to leave her alone and waited on the dining table. He did not know why he told her a little about his family but he was glad that he did because there was a sense of relieved after that.

Not long after that, Yejin came to the table with two plates of beautifully decorated pancake. (pancake with butter on top and syrup on the side in a small cup lol)

“Woah, this looks convincing,” Baekhyun as soon as she put the plate in front of him.

“Convincing?” she asked, pretended to be offended.

Baekhyun chuckled, “Just kidding. It looks good. Thanks,” he smiled at her.

They had breakfast and talked about their lives. Not the deep ones though. Stuff about Yejin’s college and Baekhyun’s life as an idol. That moment, when they were happily having a conversation over breakfast, they looked like a newlywed instead of brother and sister. They enjoyed each other’s accompaniment, and they seemed to get along really well.

After breakfast, Yejin immediately left to the airport with Eunmi. During the whole flight, she kept thinking about Baekhyun and how he talked about his mom. She could not understand how Baekhyun suddenly trusted her with everything that he just told her.

At the same time though, she was glad that Baekhyun seemed to be completely different from the beginning. She felt more at ease whenever she was with him, not like before when she had to always be aware of his next move.

“Yejin, are you okay?” Eunmi asked out of the blue, or, it was Yejin that was thinking about Baekhyun too hard that she did not pay any attention to Eunmi.

“Huh? Yeah, I’m fine. What’s up?” She asked.

Eunmi took a deep breathe, “I said, how has Taehyung been treating you?”

That’s when she realized, she had not given any update to Taehyung. She did not even tell him that she’s on the plane, all because she was too busy thinking about Baekhyun.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter