Chapter 2 (Yunho)

Blessings from Blizzards?

 

A/N:  The Yunho chapters are based on my friend’s dream.  She’s a Yunho bias, so I thought it would be better to use her dream for these chapters.  And, yes; Changmin shows up a lot in this one.  It’s supposed to be about Yunho, but Changmin’s interactions with my friend are just too fun to leave out.  Enjoy!

Yunho

            “But I don’t want to bother them.  They were eating dinner.”  Shandi shook her head.  Sometimes, Robyn needed to learn to be a little more adventurous.  She might get more of what she wanted that way.

            “They’re probably not even downstairs any more.  It’s been a while.”  It looked like Robyn was about argue.  “How about this, I’ll go down and see if they’re there.  If I see Jaejoong or Junsu alone, I’ll call you and we can stalk them.  Okay?”

            Robyn nodded and Shandi walked out into the hall.  Unfortunately, Changmin was standing right there and Shandi realized that she had been holding the door open during her entire conversation.  Changmin was giving her a stern, but slightly amused look. 

            “You want to stalk us?”

            “It’s not what it sounded like.  I promise!”  Shandi could’ve kicked herself and Changmin.  Why did he have to be standing there, eavesdropping on her private conversation?  Just seeing him there made her mad. 

            “So, what was it supposed to sound like, then?”  Changmin smirked at her.

            “…umm…where’s Yunho?  I didn’t come out here to talk to you.”  Shandi was trying desperately to change the subject.  Plus, if he told her where Yunho was, maybe she could go meet him.  That’s what she really wanted anyway.

            “I thought you were going to look for Junsu or Jaejoong?  Besides, why would I know where Yunho is?”

            “I was keeping an eye out for my friend.  Aren’t you rooming with Yunho?  You should know where his is, anyway.  He’s your leader.”

            “Even if I did know where he is, I wouldn’t tell you.  Especially after hearing that particular conversation.”

            Shandi turned and headed for the stairs.  If Changmin wasn’t going to tell her where Yunho was, she was just going to get coffee and start looking for herself. 

            “Hey!  Where are you going?”

            She kept going.  “I’m going to look for Yunho myself, since you won’t tell me where he is.”

            “You really have a one-track mind, don’t you?  Fine.  Yunho’s downstairs, getting coffee.  I’d wish you good luck, but that might be too nice.”  Shandi’s face lit up.  Yunho and coffee?  All in one place!  This was going to be the best vacation ever!  She was so glad she took a leave of absence from the hospital to come here.

            Shandi started down the stairwell.  She always took the stairs, except when Robyn was around.  Shandi liked getting exercise walking up and down the stairs and she didn’t like to wait for elevators.  The only problem was, that sometimes, the stairs were a little creepy.  She had seen too many movies about people getting caught by the bad guys on stairwells; so when she heard the door open above her and footsteps start down the stairs, she freaked out and started running.  Of course, it wasn’t actually a creeper chasing her down the stairs.  What she didn’t know was that Changmin was worried about her being a creeper and was following her to make sure she didn’t do anything to Yunho.  And, of course she didn’t see Junsu coming up the stairs before she ran into him, causing them both to tumble the rest of the way down to the first floor.  Shandi landed on top of Junsu just as Yunho, coffee in hand, walked into the stairwell.  Well, this looks bad.

            In her hurry to get off of Junsu, Shandi whacked him in the face, and instead of continuing to get up, she freaked out…again.

            “Oh no!  Are you okay?  I didn’t mean to hit you!  Or push you down the stairs, for that matter.  I’m really sorry!”  She had meant to say all that in Korean, and she did.  It was just too fast for them to understand with her horrible accent.  She got up and turned right into Yunho’s furious gaze.  Oops.

            Changmin caught up to them just then.  “What is wrong with you?  First, you talk about stalking Jaejoong and Junsu, then you beg me for information about Yunho, then you push Junsu down the stairs.  Some fan you are.”  Shandi really wished she could kick Changmin right then.  He was so annoying.  He might ruin her chances with Yunho.  She turned to him.

            “If you hadn’t followed me down the stairs, I wouldn’t have run and I wouldn’t have knocked Junsu down!  Can’t you just go away?”  Maybe she shouldn’t have lost her temper in front of Yunho.  Oh well, she couldn’t take back her words.  Shandi stalked past Yunho and out into the lobby before realizing that Junsu was still lying on the ground in the stairwell.  But, he hadn’t looked hurt, just stunned.  He was okay.

            She got out her phone and called Robyn.  “Hey, come down here and take the stairs.  I just ran into Junsu.  And I mean, literally ran into.  He’s still here.” 

            “Okay, I’m coming.  Keep him there.”  Shandi hung up.

            “Was that your friend?”  Shandi turned around and gave a start.  Yunho was right there.  He had followed her from the stairs after making sure Junsu was okay.  He still looked furious.  This was not the way she wanted to meet him.  She nodded.

            Yunho shook his head.  “Shouldn’t you apologize to Junsu?”

            “I already did.”  Shandi gave Yunho a confused look.

            “No, you didn’t.”

            “Oh, you must not have understood me.  Stay here.  Don’t move.”  She ran back towards the stairs, leaving Yunho staring dumbstruck after her.  She threw open the door to the stairs and ran right into Junsu, again.  At least they didn’t fall this time. 

            “I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to run into you.  Changmin scared me.  Are you okay?”  She really didn’t want Junsu to be hurt.  Robyn would never forgive her for that.

            “It’s okay.  Changmin has that affect on people.”  He smiled,  “Where’s your friend?  You know, the one who came in with you earlier.”

            “Umm…she’s upstairs in the room.”  Shandi paused.  “Hey, come with me!”  She grabbed his arm and took off up the stairs.  Maybe she could catch Robyn before she left the room.  Junsu looked really confused, but followed anyway, curious about what was going on.  As they reached the room, Shandi smiled.  Robyn hadn’t left, yet.  She opened the door.

            “Aaahhh!!”  Robyn stood outside the door to the bathroom.  She had been changing shirts, and hadn’t put on the new one, yet.  So she was standing there in her bra.  And Junsu was right behind Shandi with a clear view of her.  Oops, again.  She closed the door quickly and turned to Junsu.

            “Sorry.  Please don’t take that the wrong way.  We’re not…well, just wait out here for a minute.  Please.”  She didn’t wait for an answer, but walked in the room, careful to keep herself between Junsu and the open door. 

            “Shandi!  How could you do that?  Give me a little warning next time, please?”  Robyn had finished changing, but was sitting on the floor in front of the bathroom.  “What’s Junsu going to think about me?”

            “I’m sorry.  I didn’t know you’d be changing.  And why would Junsu think anything bad about you?”

            “He might think we planned that.  What if he thinks I’m just a ty American?  I haven’t even had my first kiss, yet.” 

            “Me neither, but he’s not going to think badly of you.  I told him you weren’t like that.”  Shandi sighed.

            Robyn looked more upset.  “Wait.  You didn’t tell him that we’ve never had boyfriends before, did you?  We might sound desperate.  Please, tell me you didn’t say anything about that.”

            “I didn’t tell him anything like that.  But if you don’t hurry, you might not get to meet him.”  Shandi pulled Robyn to her feet.  “Let’s go.”

            Junsu was still standing in the hall when they opened the door.  He had an amused smirk on his face.  Shandi’s eyes narrowed.  Why would he be smirking?  Could he have heard all that?  She hoped not.  That would be so embarrassing.

            “Junsu, this is Robyn.  She’s a huge fan of yours.  Anyway, I gotta go find Yunho again.  Have fun guys!”   She left Robyn standing awkwardly in front of Junsu, her face turning a bright red.  She hoped Robyn wouldn’t clam up like she usually did in front of new people.  This was her chance to get to know Junsu.  And it was Shandi’s chance to get to know Yunho.  If he wasn’t too mad at her, anyway.  Well, she should probably go find out.

            Shandi walked calmly to the stairs, but before she could open the door, Changmin walked through.

            “Where are you going this time?”  He was blocking the door.

            “Move, Changmin.  I’m going to find Yunho again.”  She tried to push him out of the way, but he wouldn’t budge.  “You know?  I really don’t like you.”

            “Get used to it.  I have a feeling we’ll be seeing a lot of each other.  Now, you owe me something for telling you where Yunho was.”  He was just trying to be annoying, now.  Shandi knew he didn’t really care about that anymore.  He simply thought she was fun to annoy.  Great.  Now she really wanted to annoy him.

            “I’ll buy you coffee.  Now, move.”

            “It’s night.  I don’t want coffee right now.  Besides, I don’t really drink coffee.”

            “That’s a lie.  I saw you drinking coffee during the All About TVXQ Season 3 couple talks.  I know you drink coffee.”

            He actually hesitated a little.  “That was just for appearances.  I didn’t actually want the coffee.”

            “Sure it was.  Move.”  She finally pushed him out of the way and headed down the stairs.  Man, Changmin was annoying.  Thank goodness she didn’t have to spend more time with him.  And thank goodness Yunho wasn’t that annoying. 

            She left the stairwell and found Yunho standing exactly where she had told him to.  She was a little shocked at that.  She had expected to have to track him down again.  But there he was, calmly obeying her orders.  At least he didn’t look angry anymore.  Shandi walked over to him.

            “So, you wanna get coffee with me?”

            “I just had coffee.”

            “Come on, please?  I really, really want some.”

            He shook his head.  “Alright.  But you’re buying.”

            Shandi smiled.  “Of course.”  She walked over to the coffee shop and ordered plain, black coffee for him and the sweetest thing they had on the menu for her.  They sat down and Shandi took a sip of her coffee.

            “Eww.  This is not sweet.  It tastes like regular coffee.”

            Yunho took a sip of his and grimaced.  “This tastes like it has no coffee in it; just sugar.  I think you have mine.  Let’s switch.”  Shandi shook her head.

            “I’m not drinking after you.  That’s gross.” Yunho looked a little confused.

            “Why not?”

            “I’m a nurse and I know how many germs are in a person’s saliva.  There’s no way I’m drinking after you.”  He stared at her for a moment.

            “Sure.  You’re a nurse.  Right.  Fine, I’ll go get us some more coffee.”  He obviously didn’t believe her.  Whatever.  He would learn eventually.  Shandi did look really young.  Everyone always thought she was 14 or 15.  She was actually 23 and had been a registered RN for almost two years. 

            Yunho handed her a new coffee and she took a sip.  Ahhh, that was better.  She could taste the coffee in it, but it was extremely sweet.  She got a dreamy look on her face and Yunho shook his head.

            “I don’t see how you can drink that.”

            “It tastes good.  I love sweet things.”  That started the conversation.  They talked for a while.  Yunho had her explain why they were at the hotel and what really happened with Junsu on the stairs.  Once that was out of the way, they moved to better topics, like his job.  Shandi found herself lecturing Yunho on why he shouldn’t always say that he would work harder, that he worked hard enough as it was.  She explained to him in her limited Korean that he should rely more on God and less on what the fans expected of him.  It was God who really mattered in the long run, and the fans would rather Yunho stay healthy and have a healthy relationship with God than run himself into the ground trying to please them.  All in all, they talked for more than an hour, or rather, she talked and he listened for more than an hour.  He let her ramble on about pretty much every topic she switched to, and she changed topics a lot.  Finally, Jaejoong, Yoochun and Changmin showed up at the coffee place and interrupted her lecture. 

            “Hanging out with a girl, Yunho-hyung?  Care to introduce us?”  Yoochun gave Shandi one of his cheesiest smiles and she grimaced.  

            “This is Shandi.  She’s a fan of ours from America.”  He looked at her to make sure what he was about to say was correct.  “If I understand it, her best friend’s dad is an electrical engineer brought in to help the ski resort with snowmaking and he brought them along.  Oh, and apparently they only started learning Korean because we got them interested in our culture.”  He looked rather smug about that last point. 

            “Yep.  That’s about it.  Oh, now that you’re here, Jaejoong, Yoochun, I would like to point out that smoking is not good for your health or your voice.  And since you need both to be good at your job, you might want to stop smoking.  And drinking.  That’s not good for you either.”  Before either of them could stop her, she launched into the lecture she had been planning for a moment just like this for over a year.  Yay!  I can cross that off the list! Hopefully they’ll get the point. 

            Changmin and Yunho, glad to not be in the spotlight for the moment, shared an amused look.  Shandi was telling them some of the same things they had been saying since they got back together as a group.  Maybe Jaejoong and Yoochun would listen better since a fan was saying it.  But, then again, maybe not.  A lot of fans had been telling them that for years to no avail. 

            Luckily, for Jaejoong and Yoochun at least, Robyn and Junsu chose that moment to get coffee.  As soon as Shandi saw Robyn she shouted out in English and made a weird, creeper face.

            “HEEEYYY Gurl!  Wat chu been up to?”

            “Nothing much, gurl.  Let me roll down my y window and talk to ya for a minute!”  Robyn made the hand motions from JYJ’s Ayy Girl dance.  This weirdness continued on for a few minutes, with the girls making creeper comments, strange motions, and even stranger faces while the members of DBSK stared at them in utter astonishment.  Soon, however, the girls realized that they were probably creeping DBSK out and they stopped.  Robyn sat down next to Shandi and they continued Shandi’s earlier lecture as if there had been no interruption at all.  This freaked Yoochun and Jaejoong out even more. 

            When they had finally exhausted all the reasons while smoking and drinking were bad, Robyn looked at her phone. 

            “Omo.  It’s like three a.m.  No wonder I’m so tired.  I’m going to bed.  Goodnight everyone!”  She started towards the elevators, but Junsu, who had decided to walk her up to her room, herded her toward the stairs.  Shandi could hear her complaining about stairs until the door closed behind them.  At that moment, Shandi looked out the window and saw the snow falling.  It was so pretty that she just had to go out in it.  She got up to do just that when Changmin stopped her. 

            “You still owe me coffee.  I don’t want it right now, so I’ll come get you in a few hours.  Meet me at 5.”  He turned to walk away.

            “Hey.  That’s only two hours away.  I’m not getting up at 5 in the morning just to buy you coffee.  You can get your own coffee.”

            “I’ll just bang on your door until you get up.”

            “What…but…I…”  Changmin smirked and left.

            “Jeez, what did you do to get on his bad side already?  But, then again, it’s kind of hard not to get on his bad side.”  Yunho had stood up and looked like he was going to walk her back to her room.  Shandi, however, had other plans.  She was going out in that snow, and no one was going to stop her.  She raced over to the entrance and stepped outside, not knowing that this was a full force blizzard blowing in and that she wouldn’t be able to find the doors if she moved more than a few feet from them.  She didn’t go too far out, but she still wouldn’t have been able to find her way back if she tried.  She thought that Yunho would follow her to the doors and that she would be able to hear him yelling for her if things got too bad.  She didn’t realize that things had already gotten far worse than she could imagine and Yunho had already been yelling for her.  She couldn’t hear him, nor could she see the doors from where she was standing.  This didn’t really worry her, though.  She thought she could just turn around and walk back the way she came, so she started playing in the snow.  She had built a pretty deep trench by the time Yunho gave up yelling for her and started after her.  He fell face first into the trench when he got to her. 

            “Are you okay?”  Shandi helped him up.

            “Are you out of your mind?  You run out in the middle of a blizzard with jeans and a light jacket?  Do you want to die?”

            “What’s wrong?  We’re right by the lodge.  It’s not like we’re going to get lost.”

            Yunho shook his head.  “Let’s go back. Now.”  He grabbed her arm and started pulling her back towards the way they came.  Unfortunately, the snow was falling even harder and, though they thought they were headed in the right direction, they were actually moving at a sharp enough angle that they were going to miss the lodge entirely.  After several minutes of struggling through the wind, both Shandi and Yunho realized one very serious problem: they were lost.