Chapter 10 (Jaejoong)

Blessings from Blizzards?

 

Jaejoong

 

            Jaejoong undressed the girls as quickly as he could while looking as little as possible.  He still saw more than they probably would have wanted, but there was nothing he could do about that.  This was about saving their lives; modesty could wait until they weren’t in a life-threatening situation.  He laid them out on the floor in front of the small fireplace and thought for a moment.  They were going to need someone to warm them up.  The fire wouldn’t do it alone.  He undressed and set his clothes out to dry next to theirs on the stack of firewood and grabbed the blanket.  He hesitated.  The only thing he knew to do was to share his own body heat.  He knew they weren’t going to be happy about that when they woke up.  Oh well, they were just going to have to owe him for saving their lives.  That wouldn’t be such a bad thing.  For him, anyway. 

            He sat down in between the girls and covered them with the blanket.  This would have to be handled delicately.

 


 

            Robyn awoke to hands running up and down her arms.  She was warm.  She hadn’t been warm since they had entered that basement to look for Jaejoong.  Those hands were warm.  The hands left her arms.  What?  They had felt good.  Why did they stop?  She opened her eyes.  Jaejoong’s back was in her face and it radiated warmth.  He had a very nice back.  She liked his tattoos.  Robyn closed her eyes again and snuggled up to him.  Wait.  Why was Jaejoong shirtless?  And for that matter, where were her clothes?  She was lying against Jaejoong completely !  And, he wasn’t wearing anything, either.  What the - ?  What happened to my clothes?  Why are we ?  What in the world is going on?  Maybe if she stayed still and breathed normally, Jaejoong would think she was still asleep.  Then she could think of a way to get out of this mess.  Jaejoong moved.  Robyn couldn’t help it.  She opened her eyes.  She was staring directly at his uncovered, well-muscled chest.  She felt her face heat up as she blushed.

            “Good, you’re awake.  I was worried about you.”  Worried about her?  She couldn’t think of any reason for her to be in this situation, much less for him to be worried about her.  She looked up at his face, confused.  She promptly forgot why she was confused.  Her breath caught in .  He was beautiful.  He was probably the most beautiful creature she had ever seen.  Her eyes trailed down his neck back down to his chest.  He was like a work of art done by a master.   She could stare at him for hours and never get tired of it.  He cleared his throat.  Even that was beautifully done.

            “If you’re done staring, do you remember what happened?”  It took her a moment to realize he had asked her a question.  He had a wonderful voice.  She shook her head.

            “You and your friend fell in the lake.  I saved you.  It was a good thing I found this cabin.”  Cabin?  Robyn vaguely remembered a cabin.  She thought she had dreamed it.  She didn’t remember falling in the lake at all.  Or why she was unclothed.  Her eyes widened.  She was still pressed up against Jaejoong and she had no clothes on!  She tried to scoot back, but Jaejoong caught her by the waist and pulled her back to him.

            “You’re missing the purpose of this whole thing.  We’re supposed to be sharing warmth.”  She wanted to argue; she was plenty warm.  She opened to say so, but made the mistake of looking up at him.  Her words died before they reached , and she totally forgot what she had been about to say.  He smirked at her and turned around again so she was left staring at his back.  Can I please just die, now?  I think I’ve had enough of this for a lifetime.  Why did he have to be so calm about this whole situation?  If she had really fallen in the lake, he must’ve undressed her to keep her alive.  But, but…but, nothing.  There was really nothing she could do about it at this point, so why fight it?  She snuggled back up to him and closed her eyes.  Her last thoughts before she fell asleep were of how lucky she was to have been saved by Jaejoong and not someone like Yoochun. 

 


 

            Jaejoong sighed.  Robyn had fallen asleep again.  At least she wasn’t in danger of freezing to death anymore.  He smiled.  He had liked the way she reacted to his close proximity.  And, she had really pretty eyes.  He shook his head.  He couldn’t afford to think that way right now.  It was bad enough that he had two girls to look after; he couldn’t start thinking of them like that right now.  He sighed again.  Both girls seemed to have warmed up enough that he didn’t have to actively do anything to make sure they weren’t dying and he was really tired.  Maybe a nap would be a good thing.  He closed his eyes, loving the way both girls snuggled up against him and went to sleep.

 


 

            The next time Robyn woke up, Jaejoong was asleep.  He was laying on his back so she had a really good view of his face and chest.  Wow, she could cross two things off her list of things to do just from this one adventure.  She had seen Jaejoong shirtless and she had seen him sleeping.  He was so beautiful when he was sleeping.  She wished she could just sit and stare at him forever.  The fire was almost out, so there was very little light in the cabin.  She untangled herself from Jaejoong’s arm and got up to add more wood to the fire.  She stoked it for a few moments until she had it back up to full strength.  She was avoiding turning around, but it was really cold outside the blanket.  Finally, Robyn realized that she would ruin all of Jaejoong’s hard work if she stayed where she was any longer.  She got back under the blanket and turned to watch Jaejoong sleep.  She watched his chest rise and fall with his breathing.  Man, I am such a creeper.