Chapter 21 (Junsu)

Blessings from Blizzards?

 

A/N:  Alright!  This marks the end of Blessings from Blizzards.  I’m going to start the next stories soon.  Thanks for sticking with me and I hope you’ll continue to enjoy my writing!  AKTF!

 

Junsu

 

They got lost at least three times on the way back, but each time Robyn managed to point out some landmark that Junsu had missed the day before during their walk.  How had she noticed so many details about where they walked yesterday?  He had been focused on her and their conversation.  What kind of fan was she?  She was supposed to have been relying on his judgment to get them back (not to mention flustered at his attention; but he thought that sounded arrogant, even in his own head).  Oh well, it was a good thing she didn’t.  Otherwise they might never make it back to the lodge.  Junsu stopped when Robyn did, just after he had caught a glimpse of the lodge over a snowdrift. 

“Should we go through the back door?  I kind of don’t want to go through the lobby like this.”  Junsu nodded.  That was probably a good plan.  After all, it was going to look very bad when Robyn walked in with practically no clothes except his shirt.  He felt his face heat up as he thought about that.  Yep, it was going to be really bad.  Robyn pulled him through the trees toward the back door and stopped before they would be visible to anyone inside. 

“Okay.  Maybe you should go in first and I’ll wait here.  That way, we won’t be seen coming in together.”  Robyn spoke in a hushed voice, almost a whisper, as if she was afraid of someone overhearing them.  Although he knew that that was a good idea, Junsu didn’t like the thought of leaving her out in the cold by herself.  Even if it was only for a few minutes.

He shook his head.  “How will I explain what happened to my shirt?  Besides, you’re the one who fell in the lake last night and shouldn’t be in the cold any longer than necessary.”

“Standing here is only making me stay out in the cold longer.  Go in.”

Junsu sighed.  He had already made up his mind.  He wasn’t going to leave her until he made sure she made it safely up to her room, and that was that.  He opened his mouth to tell her so when her eyes widened and she covered his mouth with her hands. 

“Shh.  Someone’s coming.”

He looked towards the lodge.  The door opened and Yunho stepped out dressed as if he was going for an extended hike in the snow.  The others filed out the door behind him.  They were all dressed for the cold, with bulging backpacks filled with what must have been survival gear.  Junsu gently pulled Robyn’s hand away from his mouth. 

“They’re probably going looking for us.  The weather’s only been clear for a little while.” 

“We should wait to see who’s with them.  It might be bad if your managers saw us like this.”  She had another good point.  She sighed in relief when the four of them started off in their direction and no one else appeared behind them.  Junsu freed his arm from the blanket and waved to Yunho and the others.  Good.  They saw him and made a beeline for the trees he and Robyn were standing under. 

Yunho breathed a sigh of relief as he approached.  “Junsu!  Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.”  For some reason Yunho started to look angry.  Then Junsu realized, he was still standing under the blanket with Robyn and they were inappropriately close together.  Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Robyn blush and pull away from him.  He grabbed her hand and didn’t let her go too far.  If she left him, the others would see that Junsu didn’t have a shirt on and it would lead to more awkward questions. 

“Junsu, why is that girl with you?”  Yunho was getting angrier by the second.  Junsu had to do something.

“It’s nothing.  I asked her to go for a walk with me yesterday and we got caught out in the blizzard.  That’s all.”  Robyn’s blushing wasn’t helping anything, nor was the fact that they were standing awkwardly under the blanket.  It was obvious that something had happened.

Yunho turned his attention to Robyn.  “What happened last night?  Did you do something to Junsu?”  Why did Yunho assume that she had done something to him?  Especially when it was completely the opposite.  Robyn shrunk down under Yunho’s furious gaze.  She looked like she was about to cry.  Changmin stepped in and laid a hand on Yunho’s arm.

“Hyung.  It’s pretty cold out here.  Maybe we should talk about this in our rooms.”

Yunho glared at Robyn for a moment longer before softening.  “Alright.  Jaejoong, Yoochun, go make sure no one’s in the stairwell.  We don’t want anyone seeing them like this.”  Jaejoong and Yoochun shared a glance before nodding and running back towards the lodge.  This was going to take a lot of explaining. 

 


 

            Robyn wished she could die right there in the cold.  Why did Yunho have to be mad at her?  She wasn’t the one who did anything wrong.  It wasn’t her fault she fell in the lake or that Junsu kissed her.  She blushed even more at that thought.  At the time, she had been mad that he had stolen her first kiss.  Well, that was one of the emotions she had felt.  Now, whenever she thought about it (which, she was not readily willing to admit, was a lot) she grew warm.  She could still feel his lips on hers, even hours after.  She shook her head.  No.  She was not going to think about that right then.  She was already in enough trouble with Yunho yelling at her (at least, that’s what it felt like) and Junsu standing there awkwardly holding her hand and not wearing a shirt.  Her face flushed again.  Why was she cursed with this stupid face that showed blushes far too easily?  Why?  Junsu had been quietly arguing with Yunho about something ever since Jaejoong and Yoochun ran off, but she hadn’t really been paying attention.  She caught a few words every now and again, but mostly it just sounded like jibberish.  Great, now she was so flustered her Korean was failing her. 

            The next thing she knew, Junsu was leading her up the stairs.  “Which room is yours?”  Robyn told him her room number in a quiet voice.  Then she was standing in front of the door.  Shandi opened the door almost before Yunho finished knocking. 

            “We’ll need to talk to you in a little while, so get cleaned up and we’ll come back in an hour or two.”  Junsu gave her hand a little sqeeze before slipping out of the blanket and gently giving her a push towards the door.  She walked in and the door slammed shut behind her.  Shandi gave her a concerned look.

            “You okay?”

            Robyn collapsed onto the floor and burst into tears.  “N-no…I fell…in the lake…Yunho’s mad…at me…and…Junsu saw me .”  She was little surprised that Shandi understood all of that through her sobbing. 

            “Umm.  What did you say?  Junsu saw you ?”  Shandi knelt down and pulled Robyn’s hands away from her face.  “Robyn, what happened?”  Through a lot of patient questions and coaxing, Shandi managed to pry the story out of Robyn.  She sat down on the floor and sighed.

            “Wow.  You had me really worried there for a minute.  Why don’t you go hop in the shower?  You’ll feel a lot better once you’re clean.”

            Robyn managed to stop crying and nod.  She got up, grabbed her bathroom stuff and practically ran to the shower.  A good hour later, she came out of the bathroom fully dressed with her hair still dripping wet.  She sat down at the end of the bed and started brushing out her hair, but froze when someone knocked on the door.

            “Robyn, it’s me, Junsu.  Can you let me in?”

            Shandi jumped up from the couch.  “I got it.”  She came back a few moments later with Junsu and Yunho in tow.  She cleared at them as they both gazed sheepishly at the floor.  Yunho spoke up first.

            “I wanted to apologize for being so harsh with you earlier, Robyn.  It was wrong of me to get mad at you without knowing all the facts.  Please forgive me?”  Like she was going to stay mad at Yunho for long.  She smiled.

            “Of course.  It’s okay.”

            She was rewarded with a smile from Yunho and a nod.  He nudged Junsu in the arm.

            “Umm.  I’m sorry f-for what I did last night.  I don’t know what came over me.  I-I just…”

            “I thought we had agreed not to talk about it.”

            “Well, I – wait a second.  How old are you?”  He suddenly sounded very scared.  Shandi and Robyn shared an amused glance.  They were used to people thinking they were really young.

            “23.”  Junsu sighed in relief. 

            “Oh.  Good.  I was really hoping you weren’t a minor.”  Yep.  Good ol’ blunt Junsu.  Leave it to him to make the situation more awkward.  Not that it wasn’t awkward enough already. 

            Yunho cleared his throat.  “Okay.  Now that that’s…taken care of, we have a small – well, rather large situation.  Someone saw you two coming back from the cabin.”