Chapter 8 (Changmin)

Blessings from Blizzards?

 

Changmin

 

            When the girls first fell silent, Changmin breathed a sigh of relief.  They had taken to full out fangirling in front of him about the other members of DBSK.  He guessed the girls just didn’t care what he thought about them.  More annoyingly, they had started making less and less sense as their conversation waned.  He thought the silence was a pleasant change.  He let them stay silent for a while then he looked down at Shandi.  Her eyes were closed.  He shrugged his shoulder to nudge her.  She shouldn’t go to sleep like this.  He felt something cold and wet trickle onto his shoulder.  The girls’ clothes were soaking wet.  He reached out and touched Shandi’s face.  Her skin was like ice.  Robyn’s too.  That wasn’t good.  He shook Shandi to see if she would wake up.  She didn’t.  Robyn’s eyes fluttered open momentarily when he shook her, but she didn’t wake up, either.  Why did he have to be the one in this mess with them?  This was more Yunho’s thing: being the hero and doing what was necessary to save the girls.  He just wanted peace and quiet.  And maybe someone to make fun of once in a while.  And a girlfriend.  That was it.  No more.  But, here he was, stuck in a log cabin during a blizzard with two fans who were in danger of freezing to death.  He shook his head.  The girls were in no condition for him to take his sweet time wishing someone else had gone after them. 

 


 

            Robyn’s mind cleared a little when Changmin shook her.  She tried to open her eyes and let him know that she was okay.  She just couldn’t.  It was like she was trapped in a body that wouldn’t respond.  She knew she shouldn’t sleep while she was this cold.  She knew that, but she hadn’t been able to stop herself.  Now, she was going to have to rely on Changmin to help them.  She was pretty sure Shandi had fallen asleep, too.  Great. 

            She felt Changmin lay her down and heard him do the same to Shandi.  What was he doing?  She mentally kicked herself when Changmin started taking her soaked jacket off.  Of course.  That was the only thing to do in this situation.  But, it was so embarrassing.  She really hoped she didn’t blush.  If she did, Changmin would know that she was awake and it would get even more awkward.  She prayed silently that she would lose consciousness again.  Thankfully, her prayers were answered and her mind descended into the blissful darkness.

 


 

            The next time she awoke, Robyn kept her eyes closed, praying that what she thought had happened actually hadn’t.  But, it did.  She was lying there, under the blanket, completely , with a completely Changmin right next to her.  Man, he had probably looked as he undressed her.  Of course he had.  He watched .  So, of course his mind was probably thinking dirty things.  She knew he would never act on them, but she also knew that he was thinking them.  It was enough to make her want to die of embarrassment. 

            She opened her eyes and lifted her head up.  She could move again!  That was one good thing, at least.  Changmin was laying half under her and half under Shandi (Shandi was on Changmin’s other side): he had fallen asleep, too.  His face was really peaceful when he was asleep.  Robyn took the time to look at his features.  He had a very nice facial structure.  Somehow, it looked better while he was a sleep than when he was awake.  She thought that might have something to do with the fact that he couldn’t really be snarky while asleep.  The blanket had fallen away from his chest while they slept.  He had a really nice chest, too.  He had wide shoulders, kind of slender, but still pretty buff.  She approved.  He stirred.  Robyn’s eyes widened and she laid her head back on his shoulder and pretended to be asleep.  That was when she noticed his arm around her waist.  It was kind of hard to pretend to be asleep at that point. 

            “I know you’re awake, Robyn.”  Darn it!  Stupid face.  Why did I have to blush at a time like this?  Well, there was no point in pretending anymore.  She opened her eyes sheepishly and scooted as far away from him as she could and still be under the blanket.  He sighed.

            “Is there something you want to say to me?”  Changmin had a rather smug look on his face.  Maybe it had to do with him saving two girls’ lives from the bitter cold by undressing them.  Sometimes, men were pigs.

            “Nope.”  Robyn wasn’t about to give him the satisfaction of expressing her gratitude.  She really liked him better when he was asleep.  She looked around, pointedly avoiding looking at him.  The wind still howled outside, so the blizzard hadn’t stopped, yet.  Man, she was still stuck in here with him.  The fire had burned down almost to embers. 

            “How long was I asleep?”

            “I don’t know.  I fell asleep, too, remember?”

            “Well, how long was I asleep before you fell asleep?”  He was being obstinate on purpose, she knew it.  Couldn’t he just give her a straight answer?

            “How about a ‘thank you’, first?  I think you owe me that much, at least.  You know, for saving your lives?”  Robyn stuck her tongue out at him. 

            “The fire’s about to go out.  Maybe you should add more wood.”  Robyn was going to stick by her decision to never tell him thank you.  At least, not until after they got back to the lodge.  Changmin sighed again.  Robyn smirked.  She was good at annoying him.  Check number one off her list. 

            “Why don’t you do it?”

            “I don’t have any clothes on.  I can’t get out of the blanket.”  Well, duh.  Of course, she wasn’t going to get out of the blanket with no clothes on. 

            “I’ve already seen it all, anyway.”  Her eyes widened.  Crap.  She still wasn’t going to get out of the blanket.

            “So, it’s only fair if you get out and do it.  Since I haven’t seen all of you, yet.”  Robyn didn’t really want to see all of him.  Just most of him.  Besides, he had already shown most of himself to anyone who watched Paradise Ranch.  It was Changmin’s turn to be embarrassed.  He did a pretty good job of hiding it.  But she knew what to look for.

            “Fine.  Close your eyes.”  She glared at him, but obeyed.  She really was tempted to look, though.  She heard him get up and put more logs on the fire.  He had been back under the blanket for a good twenty seconds or more before he told her that she could open her eyes again. 

            “Is Shandi okay?”  Robyn had honestly forgotten about her best friend until then.  She blamed her anger at Changmin.

            “I think so.  Her pulse is strong and she’s breathing okay.  She was further gone than you were, though.  She probably just needs a little more time to rest.”  Wow.  He seemed to soften as he looked down at Shandi’s sleeping form.  It was the same way he had looked at her when he thought she wasn’t looking.  He really did have a kind soul.  He only thought he hid it well.  But, Robyn knew better.



 

 

A/N:  Sorry it’s taken me so long to post another chapter.  I promise I’ll post faster for these next few chapters.  I’ve already written the next Junsu one and I can’t post it until I’ve got Yoochun and Jaejoong done.  I haven’t really been proofreading these, so if you see any mistakes, ignore them.  I’ll come back and fix them when I have less homework.