Chapter6 (Junsu)

Blessings from Blizzards?

 

A/N:  These Junsu chapters are based off my dream.  It was kind of embarrassing (for me to see as well as to write) and I added a few things to the beginning.  Apparently, I was craving chocolate when I wrote this.  But, don’t worry.  I went to the store and bought myself plenty of chocolate so I won’t talk about it the whole way through the chapter.  ^_^

 

Junsu

 

            Robyn really wanted some chocolate.  She seriously thought she was going through chocolate withdrawals.   There had been no chocolate on the long plane ride to Korea, and her dad had hustled them out of the airport as soon as they got their luggage.  Then there was the two-hour car ride.  Then, she was distracted by DBSK and the list that she and Shandi had made.  Now, there was nothing to distract her from her chocolate craving.  She told Shandi where she was going and walked out of the room.  As she passed the stairs on her way to the elevators she smiled at how Shandi would lecture her about using the elevators to go down two floors.  Robyn didn’t see any reason not to use the beautiful glass elevators.  Sure, part of it was her laziness and not wanting to use the energy required to actually walk down the stairs; but mostly she just liked to look out of the elevators as she rode it down.  It was fascinating to her.  She did, however, wish that there were more than just four floors to the hotel or that her room was on the fourth floor.  She’d feel a little less guilty about taking the elevator, then. 

            Now, where was the best place to get chocolate?  And, for that matter, what type of chocolate was she craving?  There was hot chocolate, several types of chocolate candy, chocolate ice cream, chocolate baked goods, and she was sure she saw some chocolate covered strawberries for sale somewhere.  The smell of coffee distracted her from her search.  She headed over to the coffee shop and walked out a few minutes later with a caramel macchiato with extra caramel.  Hmm…caramel.  Robyn truly loved a good caramel macchiato.  Taking cautious sips (it was very hot), she walked over one of the shops that lined the lobby.  Even though there were no guests in the hotel right now, the shops were still open and fully stocked.  There were so many cute clothes (none of which would fit her because of her height and proportions; the majority of Koreans were so tiny).  She walked around in the shops for a while and thought about outfits that would look good on Shandi.  She liked picking out clothes for people.  Some of the shops were for men, so she tried to imagine outfits for DBSK.  They would look good in the outfits she designed.  Well, they would also look good in potato sacks, so that wasn’t saying much. 

            But, she had gotten distracted, again.  She really wanted some chocolate.  There was a convenient store in the hotel.  Maybe she could find some chocolate there.  Robyn hurried to it, careful to not spill her coffee.  Score!  They had some of her favorites.  She wasn’t expecting to find some of those in Korea.  She bought her chocolate and walked over to the lounge area to enjoy it.  As she sat down, her mind fully on her chocolate, she noticed that Jaejoong was sitting near the window, a book in hand, reading.  Again, she forgot about her chocolate.  What was he reading?  Was it good?  How could he totally ignore the snow?  Snowflakes floated lazily down from the white sky to silently land on the growing piles already on the ground.  She had never seen so much snow in person before.  Sure, she had seen it in movies, but it was so much more amazing when it was directly in front of her.  Darn her distracted mind.  She had forgotten about Jaejoong and her chocolate.  Robyn opened her chocolate and took a bite.  For some reason, it tasted better than usual.  Maybe it had something to with the beautiful person sitting a few feet from her.  Jaejoong was so engrossed in his book that she could stare at him while she ate her chocolate without him noticing.  At least, she didn’t think he noticed.

            Her chocolate and her coffee ran out too soon for her liking.  Robyn wished she could stare at Jaejoong all day.  She managed to look past him out the window.  Of course, she was distracted by the snow again.  What would it be like to play in that much snow?  Well, this was her time to find out.  She went back up to her room, put on a much heavier coat and boots, and very nearly ran through the lobby.  As soon as she got outside, she sighed.  Oh, how she loved the snow.  It was falling a little heavier, now.  But, it was still very pleasant.  She laid down in the snow and started making a snow angel.  She had always wanted to do that, but there had never been enough snow in Texas.  Well, she was finally making one; and it was going to be pretty cool when she got done.

            Robyn stopped when she heard footsteps crunching through the snow towards her.  A shadow fell over her angel and she looked up.

            “A snow angel, huh?”  Junsu was standing there, looking down at her in the snow.  She jumped to her feet, careful not to disturb her angel.  “You did a good job.  It’s pretty.”

            She had expected him to smile as he said that, but he didn’t.  He stared at her with his dreamy but kind of intense look (the one he gets when he’s studying something).  Man, but she could get lost in those eyes. 

            She very nearly jumped when he cleared his throat.  She had been staring at him without really noticing it.  Darn her easily distracted mind! (It occurred to her that an easily distracted mind was not a particularly good thing to have if one was studying math).

            “Do you speak Korean?”

            She nodded, “A little.”

            “What’s your name?”

            “Robyn.”  She couldn’t seem to get more than a few syllables out at a time.  Why did that look do this to her?  Couldn’t he be is cheerful, playful self right now?  Why did he have to be his thoughtful, intense self? 

            He smirked.  “I saw you and your friend earlier.  You two are fans?”

            She snapped out of it a little and her eyes narrowed.  He was playing with her.  That wasn’t cool.  Not in person, anyway.  It was very cool when he did it at concerts or in videos.  Sometimes.  Jerk.

            “Yes.”  Now, she was keeping her sentences short on purpose.

            He looked up at the whiteness that was the sky and stretched.  “I really need some fresh air.  Wanna take a walk with me?”

            She wasn’t quite sure he was talking to her, even with no one else around.  Was he allowed to ask a fan to take a walk with him?  Well, she wasn’t about to question her good fortune.  She nodded and he smiled at her.  She really hoped she wasn’t blushing.  That would only make her crush more obvious.

            “Let’s go!”  He said that in Japanese.  Luckily for her, that was one of the only phrases she actually knew in Japanese.  He started walking away from the lodge.  Robyn stood frozen for a few moments while her brain processed what was actually going on.  She shook her head to clear it and ran to catch up with him.  She was actually going on a walk with Junsu!

 


 

            Changmin watched the two walking away from the lodge from his window on the third floor and shook his head.  Did no one tell Junsu that a blizzard was coming?  It would be here within the hour.  He pulled out his cell phone and tried calling Junsu.  There was no answer.  He must’ve left his phone in his room.  Oh well, maybe Junsu would realize that a blizzard was coming and turn around before it got too late.  If the two weren’t back in forty-five minutes, he would send someone to look for them.  After all, he knew the general direction they had taken.

 


 

            They had been walking for about forty-five minutes before Robyn spotted the log cabin only twenty or so feet to their right.  It looked abandoned and the snow was falling pretty heavily now.  Maybe they could seek shelter in there until the snow let up.  She looked up at the sky.  They should’ve probably headed back when Robyn noticed how dark it was growing or how the temperature kept falling.  But, Junsu hadn’t seemed worried, so she assumed there was no need to worry either.  She didn’t realize that that was her fatal mistake.

Throughout the walk, Junsu had kept up a steady stream of probing questions and comments that had forced Robyn out of her reticence.  She had found herself talking animatedly about why she had no willpower when it came to exercise and how much she loved (and would miss) the sweet tea at Chick-fil-A.  He had asked her what subject she liked the most in school, and she could tell that he didn’t believe her when she told him she was a graduate student.  That was okay.  Most people had a hard time believing she was older than 17 or 18.  They had talked a lot in the relatively short amount of time they walked.  But, for the last five or ten minutes, they had walked in silence.  It was really pleasant silence, but silence nonetheless.  She pointed out the cabin to Junsu and he turned as if to check it out.  That was when she felt something move under her feet.  She heard a resounding Crack!  The last thing she felt before she lost consciousness was the shock of freezing water and something grabbing her hand as she fell.