Chapter 9 (Yoochun)

Blessings from Blizzards?

 

Yoochun

 

            Robyn was still freezing.  They had been sitting under that blanket with Yoochun for almost thirty minutes, but she actually felt colder than when they first got in the cabin.  She thought it must’ve been her clothes.  They were soaked from the ice and snow that had melted on them, and the fire was so small that it wasn’t providing enough warmth to dry them.  A few more minutes of this and she wouldn’t even care that she was leaning her head against Yoochun’s shoulder.  Wait…what?  When had she laid her head down?  Her brain felt fuzzy and her body was going numb.  She felt so sleepy.  She closed her eyes. 

            Stop it!  Her eyes flew open.  She had to stay awake.  If she went to sleep, she could die.  But, her eyes felt so heavy.  Her arms (which had been holding her knees against her chest) fell to the ground as she lost consciousness.

 


 

            Shandi saw Robyn finally give in to sleep.  She had been trying to keep her awake for the past ten minutes, to no avail.

            “Yoochun, get up.  I need to help Robyn and you’re in the way.”  He nodded and moved out from under the blanket.  She scooted closer to her best friend and checked her pulse.  Things weren’t looking good for her.  Robyn, you’d better not die on me.  Her friend was far too cold and was losing more body heat by the second.  There was a way but, with Yoochun there, it was going to be embarrassing. 

            “Hey, turn around.  I have to get these wet clothes off her.  I don’t want you looking.”  Yoochun gave her a shocked look.  Well, maybe he didn’t know what he would have to do if he was in a similar situation.  But, she was a nurse and she knew.  She took off Robyn’s clothes and laid them out to dry on the firewood.  That alone wasn’t going to be enough, though.  She took off her own clothes and climbed in the blanket with her friend.  There, that should do it.  Shandi was pretty cold too, though.  She had a little more energy than she had had before, because of the exertion of saving Robyn.  But, she was fading fast as well.  Before she knew it, she was asleep, too.

 


 

            Yoochun turned back around after a few minutes of silence to find both girls unconscious under the blanket.  Both of their clothes were laid out on the woodpile.  But, the fact that they were both asleep concerned him.  He walked over and laid a hand on Shandi’s cheek.  She felt like ice.  That couldn’t be good.  Wasn’t that what she had been worried about with her friend?  He needed to find a way to warm both of them up. 

 


 

            Robyn awoke to find herself lying partway on top of a very Yoochun.  What in the…?  She could have sworn that they were both wearing clothes when she fell asleep.  That meant that someone must have undressed her and she really hoped it wasn’t Yoochun.  She peeked at him.  He did have a nice chest, though.  And his face was really handsome when he wasn’t making derp faces.  It was almost as nice as his smile.  That still didn’t excuse whoever undressed them.  She looked around the cabin.  The blizzard was still raging in full force, but she didn’t feel cold anymore.  In fact, she was a little too warm. 

            The cabin was growing darker.  Apparently they hadn’t put enough wood on the fire to keep it going the whole time.  Someone needed to add more wood.  Robyn started to get up, but something held her down.  It was Yoochun’s arm around her waist.  As if in response to her trying to move, he pulled her more tightly against him.  Joy.  That was just what she wanted: to be up close and personal with a Yoochun.  There was a reason he was her least favorite in the group.  Now she had another reason.  She was starting to think that maybe, just maybe, Siwon from Super Junior would take Yoochun’s place as her fifth favorite man in the world.  No, Yoochun was a member of DBSK.  She couldn’t just demote him like that.  No matter how much she wanted to. 

            Robyn glanced at Shandi.  Her friend was starting to wake up.  She met Robyn’s glanced with a startled one of her own. 

            “What’s going on here?” she whispered, not wanting to wake Yoochun.  Robyn sighed inwardly.  Apparently, Shandi had fallen asleep right after Robyn.  So much for Yoochun not seeing anything he shouldn’t have.

            “I think we both fell asleep.  Duh.”  So, she was a little short with her friend.  No one could really blame her for not being in a good mood.  She felt bad, though.  They had just been through a lot together.  “Do you know how we got like this?”  Robyn nodded towards Yoochun.

            Shandi shook her head slightly.  “No.  Yoochun was fully clothed when I fell asleep.  But, I was the one who undressed you.  Hopefully, Yoochun didn’t look when he climbed under the blanket with us.” 

            “Don’t worry, I didn’t.”  Both Shandi and Robyn jumped and pulled away from him.  They didn’t mean to pull the blanket with them.  Robyn’s eyes widened and she turned away, throwing the blanket back over Yoochun.  Oops.  Of course, Yoochun freaked out.  And, of course, Robyn and Shandi had to be the ones to calm him down.  Robyn guessed that that made up for anything Yoochun might have seen while climbing under the blanket with them.  He probably didn’t think that, though. 

            “Sorry.  You scared us.  Next time, don’t just pretend to be asleep.  Give us a little warning when you wake up and nothing like this will happen.”  Robyn glared at Yoochun.  There were many parts of him that she would have liked to leave up to the imagination.  Someone else’s imagination.

            Shandi looked at her in horror, “Why would there be a next time?  Isn’t once enough?”           

            “What?  You don’t like being trapped in a cabin with me?”  Yoochun smirked at them.  “I don’t mind it at all.”

            “Ugh.  I think I’ll take my chances out in the blizzard.”  Robyn moved as if to get up.  Yoochun grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back down.

            “I was just kidding.  Don’t go out there again, please?”  He gave her his puppy eyes and Robyn sighed.  As much as Yoochun annoyed her, she couldn’t get mad at his puppy face.