Chapter 1

Blessings from Blizzards?

 

A/N:  This story will have several different plots going on at the same time.  The first chapter is sort of an introduction to the two main girls and is common to all the plots.  After that, each chapter will be focused on a different member of DBSK in a specific order:  Yunho, Changmin, Yoochun, Jaejoong, and Junsu (i.e. Chapters 2, 7, …etc will be Yunho chapters).  The chapters do not have anything to do with chapters related to the other members. For instance, things that happen in Changmin’s chapters will have no affect on Junsu’s chapters.  You can pick your favorite member and read only their chapters or you can read all of them.  Anyway, these stories (or at least the Junsu and Yunho parts) are based on two dreams my friend and I had. Enjoy!

 


 


Robyn and Shandi
 

            A girl sat on her couch in East Texas watching the news and pondering the state of her country.  She sometimes thought it might be easier on her if she didn’t care so much about politics. 

            “What?  They’re cancelling Freedom Watch??  NO!”  She loved that show.  How could they cancel it? 

            The door to her parents’ room opened and their conversation flooded into the living room, distracting her for a moment from her distress. 

            “…it’ll be for a month.  They want me to help with a start up for a new ski resort.  You should come with me.”  It sounded like her dad was going on another work trip and he wanted her mother to go, too. 

            “It’s over Christmas, and I have year-end planning to do.  There’s no way I can leave work for a month.  But, you should talk to Robyn about it.  You did promise you’d take her, after all.”  Wait.  Her dad had made a promise to take her with him next time he went to…

            “YOU’RE GOING TO KOREA?  I’m totally there!”  She jumped off the couch and ran into her parents’ room.  “Wait.  When are you going?  Is it after finals?” 

            “I leave on the 18th.” 

Robyn literally jumped for joy.  That was the day she finished her finals.  She could go!  This had been her dream for years.  Well, her and her best friend’s dream.  She had to tell Shandi.  She had two months warning, maybe that would be enough.  Shandi was a nurse at one of the two major hospitals in the city.  Asking for days off was a hassle for her, and a month would be nearly impossible.  It couldn’t hurt to ask, though.

            “I’ll go call her.”  Or at least try.  The problem was that Shandi hardly ever answered her phone.  Even on her days off.  Robyn called her anyway.  Of course, she didn’t answer.  What else did she expect?  Robyn was frustrated for a moment.  After all, she answered the phone at midnight once when Shandi called her about the JYJ concert in LA.  Why couldn’t Shandi answer when she had such good news to tell her? 

            “She didn’t answer.  I’ll have to go over there.  I’ll be back.”  She grabbed her purse, ran to her car, and took off.  It was a huge struggle to keep her speed only five miles over the limit.  Man, she hated speed limits. 

 


 

Six weeks later in Seoul…

 

            The president of SM Entertainment sat in a meeting with several of his managers and directors.  They were discussing the reunion of the most famous idol group ever, DBSK.  Ever since the break up nearly four years ago, SM had done a lot of thinking about what went wrong with how they handled their artists.  The three members who had split off from the company had formed their own group at a different entertainment company and, despite all the pressure SM have levied against them, had done very well on their own.  But, they had finally come to an agreement on new contracts that would bring JYJ back into the fold.  The president didn’t really like losing the control they once had over the group, but this compromise was better than nothing. 

            “Tomorrow, there will be a press release stating that DBSK is going to make a comeback as a five member group.  We are prepared to handle any backlash from fan as well as from the media.”  SM’s PR department had been working on the task of letting the public and the fans know about the reunion nonstop for the last three months.  There were a lot of hard feelings from the fans on both sides.  This was not going to be an easy reunion.

            One of the managers who worked closely with the group spoke up, “There’s something that’s been bothering me.  The members never lost their friendships with each other after the breakup, but they are having a hard time regaining their group dynamic.  If that doesn’t get fixed before the comeback, there might be more issues.”  Some of the others nodded.

            “Well, we’ll have to do something about that.  Why don’t we send them on a retreat for a few weeks?  Let them work out any issues before the press conference?”

            “Sounds good.  But, we’ll need to keep them from the public eye.  There’s this place in the country I know.  It’s not officially open, yet; but I think I can convince them to let us use it for a couple of weeks.”  The president nodded.  That would be good.

            “Contact them and see if that would be possible.  The sooner, the better.  I don’t want to drag this on too long.”

 


 

            “I never thought I would get frustrated with a two hour car ride.  I mean, we drive that long all the time when we go to Dallas.  And, we’re in Korea!  We’re actually here!”  Robyn had been in a state of constant joy throughout the long plane ride and, even though she was extremely tired and felt disgusting, was pleased to be in Korea. 

            “Yep!  Why does everything seem so much better just knowing we’re in the same country as DBSK?”  Shandi seemed just a happy as Robyn was, even though she had to have been far more exhausted.  She had worked all three days leading up to this trip and had not gotten enough sleep the night before due to laundry and packing. 

            “I don’t know.  Honestly, I don’t care why.  I’m just happy they’re getting back together and we might get to see them when we go back to Seoul!”  Robyn’s dad had asked them to stay at the ski resort for a week to practice their Korean before spending the rest of the month in Seoul.  It was hard to say no to such a reasonable request.  After all, the ski resort hadn’t officially opened, yet so there would be no guests there and, there was the snow.  It hardly ever snowed in their part of Texas and, if it did snow, it barely covered the grass.  It wouldn’t even last through the night most of the time.  They would wake up the next morning, and all the snow would be gone.  Except the snowmen, of course.  Those would last a long time, sometimes a week or more depending on how cold it was. 

            “Remember,” Shandi chided switching to broken Korean.  “We need to practice.  No English while we’re here.”  Robyn nodded.  This was part of the pact they’d made on the plane.  In order to improve their Korean, they weren’t going to speak English at all while in Korea.  Robyn brought out her iPad.

            “Wanna look at pictures?” 

            “Yep.  I wanna see Yunho.”  They spent the rest of the car ride looking at the pictures Robyn had spent hours scouring the Internet for.  Well, not really scouring.  The pictures were quite easy to find on Google. 

            The car came to a stop in front a very nice, but rather small building that looked like a cross between an extremely fancy hotel and an extremely fancy ski lodge. 

            “We’re here.”  Robyn’s dad looked happy to be out of the small car and away from the girls who were now staring at half- pictures of Jaejoong.  Robyn sighed wistfully and put away her iPad.  Jaejoong really was beautiful.  She could stare at him all day and never grow tired of it. 

            “Come on, Robyn.  Let’s check out our room!”  Shandi all but pushed her out of the car.  They grabbed their bags and strode through the automatic doors of the lodge and stopped dead in their tracks, a few steps in.  The inside was really nice.  The place was made for the extremely wealthy to get away from the hustle and bustle of the bigger ski resorts.  It had two restaurants, a coffee shop, fountains, glass elevators, and amazing decorations.  It almost looked like a themed hotel from the Vegas strip.  But that wasn’t what caused them to stop.  Sitting in one of the restaurants, eating dinner were none other than all five members of DBSK.  Robyn and Shandi shared a quick look, smiles spreading on both their faces.  This was better than being in the same country or city as DBSK: they were in the same hotel!  The members, except for Changmin who was eating his food as quickly as he could, were chatting amiably, not paying attention to anything around them.  They didn’t notice the two, now obvious fangirls, who just walked into the lodge.  Changmin, however, looked up from his food and saw them.  He must have said something about it to the others, because they all looked around to see the two girls standing frozen in the entrance to the hotel.  Changmin shook his head ruefully as the two staff members who had accompanied DBSK to the resort got up and headed over to the girls.  Robyn came out of her trance enough to nudge Shandi in the ribs and point towards the elevators.  With the staff members coming to intercept them, it would be best to leave the lobby as quickly as possible.  There would be other opportunities to watch/stalk DBSK later; hopefully, without the staff members present.  Unfortunately, the staff members caught up to them before they could safely make it onto the elevators.

            “Okay, here’s the deal,” they started in English. “The members of DBSK need some privacy.  If any reporters or fans come here looking for them, we’ll know who to blame.  A member of the hotel staff has already been fired for posting information about them on Twitter.  We can’t fire you, but we can make sure you don’t see DBSK again.  And don’t go near them.”  Robyn shared another glance with Shandi.  It wasn’t like they were going to bother DBSK.  They just wanted to stare from a distance, and maybe get a hug or two.  That’s it.  Really.  But, Robyn found herself nodding.  She knew Shandi was forming a plan to stalk them later, anyway.  If there was one thing she could count on with Shandi, it was that Shandi would always find a way to get what she wanted.  Which, in this case, was a bear hug from Yunho. 

            “Come on, Shandi.  Let’s go up to our room.”  She dragged Shandi, who had just opened to tell off the staff members, into the elevator.  As soon as the doors closed, Shandi started in on her.

            “I was going to tell them that we can do what we want, and we probably know better what DBSK really needs more than they do.”  Robyn could tell this was going to go on for a while if she didn’t stop it now. 

            “Yes, but if we make the staff mad at us, it might ruin our chances to get close to DBSK.  They would make sure to keep us away if you were rude to them.”  Shandi frowned. 

            “Okay.  But as soon as I put my stuff in the room and get cleaned up, I’m going to go find Yunho.” 

            “Tonight?  But they’ll still be here tomorrow.”  Robyn didn’t really expect Shandi to capitulate that easily.  Once she got something in her head, she was going to do it, no matter what.  Robyn sighed.  She had a bad feeling about this.  But, then again, she was a lot more self-conscience than Shandi and a lot less willing to break rules.  Even if those were arbitrary rules put in place by staff members trying to keep her away from Junsu.  The elevator doors opened to the third floor and Robyn stepped into the hallway, staring at the sign to see which way their room was.  Luckily, the hotel had had the signs made in both Korean and English, so it wasn’t too hard to decipher where to go.  Her Hangul wasn’t that great, yet.  They walked to the room and Robyn took the key her dad had given her when they got out of the car. 

            “Maybe we should make a list of things we want to do while we have DBSK to ourselves.  I really want to annoy Changmin.” 

            “Me too.  Let’s take showers, first, though.  I feel nasty, and I don’t want Yunho seeing me like this.” 

            “Okay.”  They heading in and looked around.  It really was a nice room.  It was a suite with a bedroom, a living area with a kitchen, and a huge bathroom.  And this was the cheapest room in the place.  Wow.  If this is the smallest room, I wonder what the other rooms are like… they must be amazing.  Robyn took her shower second and checked her Twitter while Shandi was in the bathroom.  Hmm.  What should we put on the list?  I really want a hug from Yunho and Junsu, and I want to see Junsu singing Intoxication…  Robyn stared at the wall for a moment, silently watching the Intoxication music video in her head.  She shook her head, trying to clear it.  She needed to focus.  That couldn’t be the only thing on the list, considering it was probably the least likely to happen of the things they wanted.  When she got dressed, she walked into the living area to find that Shandi had already gotten the list started.  They worked on it for a while, giggling all the while.  It took them a long time, mainly because they kept talking about different scenarios they could use to accomplish all the things on the list. 

 

  1. annoy Changmin
  2. make Yoochun cry and make it up to him by buying icecream
  3. see Jaejoong shirtless
  4. watch Jaejoong sleep
  5. get high fives from all members
  6. lecture Yoochun  and Jaejoong about smoking
  7. lecture Yoochun and Jaejoong about drinking (teach effective coping mechanisms for handling stress)
  8. tell Yoochun to never EVER wear manshorts again (this can contribute to number 2)
  9. see Yoochun derp faces
  10. see genuine Yoochun smile with eye crinkles (maybe this should come before number 2?)
  11. watch Junsu play soccer (i.e. see Junsu in shorts)
  12. buy a plant from Changmin
  13. receive bear hug from Yunho
  14. see Yunho sitting in a bathtub while fully clothed
  15. be the background dancer chosen by Yunho from Checkmate
  16. get Junsu to give a private performance of Intoxication
  17. get Yunho to give a private performance of Crazy Life
  18. hear a live version of Honey Funny Bunny
  19. take stalker photos of Jaejoong
  20. receive non-snarky compliment from Changmin

 

They giggled.  That last one was going to be the most difficult to accomplish.  Robyn sighed.  They should get started.  The list was going to take a while.