Overdrive

THEIR SECRETS BEHIND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

"I'm on my way. I'm so sorry." I apologized as I 
hopped in my car. I quickly turned the keys that started the engine before throwing my backpack at the backseat, all the while I held my phone by my ear.

I told her last night that we could go somewhere and eat or go where ever she wanted to go or do and I insisted I'd pick her up.

But after our call last night ended, I continued to work on the song I've been writing with Woozi's help and I was too succumb in finishing it that I slept late even after promising her that I would rest after the call ended. She's been singing me to sleep except for last night because she will be checking her luggage to see if everything she needed was already packed.

"You didn't go the sleep after last night after our call ended, did you?" She asked and I could already imagine that cute glare that's not gonna make straighten out but end up adoring thus fluffy cheeks along with her frown.

"Sorry... I got too distracted and lost track of time." I muttered, already in defeat and knew I was in the wrong regardless of my reason.

"Aigoo..." She sang in defeat from the other line which made me smile as I drove off. "...alright, text me when you're here. Be careful, okay?"

Tomorrow, I'll be fetching her as well, to give her a lift to the airport to head to Melbourne. She'll be there for about a week which is kinda making me sad.

I know I don't see her often because of our schedules but knowing she's just within a short distance brings me comfort, that she's just a drive away, but Melbourne?... I feel that somehow she'll be gone for a long time.

It's been weeks since the last time I saw her at the awards. We talked every day via phone call, video chat, and even texts. Even all through this, I could still feel the butterflies in my stomach and it's making me tremble in excitement with every thought of seeing her again. We're getting closer but, this does not rule out those feelings. The frequency of our communication will never make me get used to the giddiness she makes me feel.

And every day, I long to get to see her again.

I just want to see her so badly.

I parked in front of their building and waited there. There are trainees living in the same building as her so as much as I wanted to go fetch her in front of the door of her unit, I needed to wait in the car.

She came out of the front lobby with a mask on her face and wearing a black cap and immediately spotted my car.

To be honest, I thought of borrowing someone else's car because my SUV is being recognized. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone else's car to borrow, not even Sehun's since his car is also easy to be recognized by the fans as well.

I stared at how she's dressed; wearing a white crop-top shirt, high-waist black pants partnered with an all-white Stan Smith while her black cardigan hangs on her forearm.

Such a simple look but she wore it perfectly.

After hopping and closing the door of the passenger seat, she turned to face me, pulling down her mask, revealing that smile.

And there it goes again... that feeling. And it's more intense compared to when we're on the phone.

I could feel my heart pump a thousand gallons per second but I managed to let out a greeting, "Annyeong."

The hell? Anyeong?

I just got off the phone with her and that's the best greeting I have?

"Hello." She greeted with an accent as she shyly waves her hands.

"Uhm, so... have you had lunch?" I asked and she nodded, "Yeah, it's almost 3pm, Channie. Have you?"

I haven't really had something to eat because I bolted out the bed and showered quickly and just grabbed anything I could before I drove off.

"No. Not yet, actually." I answered and still smiled.

"Then let's get you some lunch." She replied.

"Alright, where to?" I asked, holding the steering wheel now.

She then pulls the seatbelt and fastens it up, "Uhm, where ever you want to."

The hardest decision anyone could ever face is this specific question: where to eat?

What would she like? She had her lunch and it's nearly 3 so, a coffee shop perhaps?

There are a bunch of coffee shops in Seoul that offers meals but, it's a risk going to one. The last thing I want is for us to get spotted.

Suddenly, my phone rang and when I looked, it was my sister.

I answered the call and right away, immediately reminded of what I'd have to do today. Just the perfect time to forget, she's coming over to my apartment to drop off Toben.

"So, I guess... I'm going back?" Chaey asked after I ended the call. Somehow, I could see that she's disappointed as her smile weren't as bright as when she hopped in my car.

"No... ahh... you wanna come over? It's just my apartment." I retorted, "I could fix you something to eat there... and besides, you'll get to play with Tobennie. You've been telling me you want to see him."

This is my only chance to get to be with her before she leaves so, I know it's not a good idea to invite her over to my apartment this soon but... I'm kinda feeling desperate here.

I don't get to be with her always so, I'll take my chances.

I just hope she says yes.

"I'm not sure... I don't want to barge in your place. It's okay, Channie. Let's go out some other time." She politely declined as she reached for the seatbelt again to unbuckle.

As I thought, she would refuse. But... I'm not easily disheartened. Though, my honesty sometimes gets the best of me.

"We could've met earlier today if I just listened to you last night. I just wanna spend the rest of the day with you. I'm sorry for not listening." I said before I pursed my lips with a forced smile.

I freaking regret sleeping late last night. I wouldn't have done so if I just remembered I'd have to take care of Toben today.

However, she looked kinda stunned with what I just said. She then opened her mou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter