capture this moment

take a shot | ON PAUSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this one shot have pics in it in sakura's pov. all the pics that i used came from twt user @capthismoment. please tell me if you can't see the pics so i can find out what's wrong with it.

 

 

produce48. that was where it all started. during our first broadcast, i remember arriving later than you that day. we were so far away from each other, you were seated at the fifth seat and i was seated at the very bottom as that was the only vacant seat.

 

still though, my eyes caught the figure of that girl wearing a very colorful top. they said you look a lot like tzuyu sunbaenim, however, in my eyes, nothing can compare to your beauty. and i only speak the truth.

 

you got a grade of d during the first evaluation. i can see the pain in your eyes, and i wanted to approach you, use my thumb to wipe those tears threatening to fall from your deep brown eyes. i wanted to be the one to console you, but i was too much of a coward to do so.

 

throughout the whole show, we weren't that close. heck we barely even talk considering the fact that we were never in the same rank.

 

until i was appointed to be the leader of the 'very very very' group. from there, i knew i had to use this chance to get closer to you, and i did.

 

you were lacking in confidence that time as you wondered why i chose you to be a part of our team. i only smiled at you and said, it's because our team needed someone like you. but in reality, it's because i needed you.

 

or else my heart will explode in suffocation.

 

from there, our beautiful friendship has began. or dare i say, the blooming point of my love for you.

 

then came our debut, i was happy that i get to debut second in the group. but i was more ecstatic that i get to debut with you.

 

would you believe me, that the night before we move in to our dorms, i couldn't get proper sleep. it was your fault, you clouded my mind. made me go insane, made my heart beat so fast that i thought i was palpitating.

 

the thought of having the chance to be close to you each day excites me, but at the same time i was nervous that you'd see through me.

 

 

then the day of our recording came. you were memorizing your lines in our debut song 'la vie en rose'. you were trained to be a singer, but our company made you the rapper of our group.

 

once again, your confidence dropped as you have never tried rapping before. you were fidgeting all along, and again, i wanted to console you.

 

but i was too much of a coward that eunbi unnie beats me to it. i told myself it was fine, that the next time i won't chicken out. but deep within, i knew it wasn't fine.

 

nevertheless, in spite of your worries, you were able to nail it. your turn was after mine, so our paths crossed when i was on my way out of the studio and you were on your way inside.

 

this time, i was able to bring myself to pat your head and mouth the word 'fighting'. you smiled at me, and boy did i just saw the gates to heaven open.

 

little did you know, i stayed right outside and listened to your beautiful voice. my hand instinctively reaches out to my pocket, taking my phone out as i capture this moment. i thought i was being subtle enough.

 

but then from inside, you caught me red handed and my eyes widened. i was afraid that you'd find me creepy, however, your lips curved up to a smile as you mouthed the words 'wait for me'.

 

and i did.

 

 

i was waiting for you outside, with a grin that i didn't know i was mustering. as soon as you came out, you launched yourself at me to give me a hug.

 

"unnie~ i did good because you were outside waiting for me."

 

i was flustered, but happy too. my heart was skipping a beat, and i wanted to pause that moment.

 

remember that day when we were at hiichan's hometown in japan? we were filming iz*one chu's third episode, after the picnic that we had, we went straight to a therapeutic hotspring.

 

i wasn't expecting much interaction from the two of us that time. but fate really is by my side that you were seated right next to me.

 

 

suddenly, everyone else is muted despite them being their noisy selves. they were playing, and we were having a conversation. oddly your hand landed on top of mine under water.

 

i was electrified because of your touch, i believe you felt me jerking underneath and i expected you to pull away. however, what you did next stunned me.

 

you subtly intertwined our fingers.

 

and i liked that feeling so i tightened my grip.

 

i was satisfied already, not wanting to include myself in the group activities because of you. but they just had to pull you in for a game, my heart was filled with longing as soon as your warmth left mine.

 

but the disappointment was soon wiped out when you smiled at me, and i copied yours.

 

indeed, life is better with you, because everything feels better when i'm with you.

 

 

then as we were practicing our choreography for 'la vie en rose' i was sitting at the corner as i have exhausted myself too much.

 

we were in our own little worlds, you were dancing with wonyoung and chaewon, eunbi unnie and chaeyeon were watching you, sharpening every steps, while the rest of the 01 line and Yujin are lying on the cold floor.

 

once again, i was drawn into your beauty. you were sweating hard, and yet you managed to remain beautiful in my eyes. again, i secretly reached for my phone to take a picture of you.

 

i know, i'm being a creep again, but i can't help it. i wanted to capture this moment and stare at it every night because for some reason, i always wake up at the right side of the bed every time i do that.

 

i was far too engrossed looking at the screen that i didn't notice yena and kwangbae had caught my creepiness.

 

"tsk tsk, sakuchan you are hopeless." yena utters lowly, shaking her head and my eyes widened in surprise. i swiftly hid my phone in my pocket, acting as if i wasn't just caught.

 

"would you ever tell her how you feel." then it was hyewon who spoke. i cleared my throat as i looked at them like i didn't know what they were talking about.

 

however, i knew that somehow, they knew too. they are one of my best buds after all. so when they rolled their eyes on me, i exhaled a sigh.

 

"i-i can't do that..."

 

"see? i told you she's a coward."

 

maybe i am, but i just didn't want to ruin what we already have. our friendship is far too precious to risk.

 

 

and the moment of our debut came, we were behind the stage, rehearsing early in the morning. you were with yuri, entertaining the cameras as i watched from the side.

 

i was with yena that time, true i was still exhausted as we put up an all nighter at the dance studio the night before that so we only had three hours of sleep since we had to be at the studio by five o'clock.

 

and as you were talking to yuri, the two of you laughed out of the blue. everyone stared at you weirdly before going back to their business.

 

but your sweet laugh held so much power over me that my lips curved up on its own.

 

my exhaustion vanished in an instant, and i was energized. seeing someone as beautiful as an angel laugh, who could keep a straight face on that.

 

then you shifted your gaze, and your eyes met mine. we held a staring contest for a few moments, before you started heading towards me.

 

i gripped the hem of yena's shirt tightly as my heart started beating fast. you were in slow motion, looking incredibly ethereal, i was so flustered that my ears started turning red and my face was heating up.

 

"goodluck pal, just tell her you like her already so that you can put an end to your pathetic self." yena whispered in my ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter