2nd - a blast from the past

take a shot | ON PAUSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"saku..."

 

everyone fell silent, the former lovers locked their gazes with each other and longing can be read through those orbs. the lad slowly put his son down, eyes not leaving that of the fairy's while he slowly dragged his feet towards her with much hesitation, as if afraid that once he got close to her, she'll vanish before his eyes the second time around.

 

please, don't.

 

minjoo stared at her husband slowly making his way towards her sister. she felt a pang in her heart as she begged him to stop in her mind with tears already threatening to fall from her beautiful brown pool.

 

however she was unfortunate, because the japanese is already standing right in front of the once pink, now brown haired girl which only made her beauty stand out even more. he brought his trembling hands to her face, checking to see if she's real and when he felt her soft skin against his palm, tears finally broke free.

 

saku caressed her face with much care, as if chaewon was a fragile glass that will break in one single touch. she succumbed to his ginger touches, holding back her tears as she realized that she came face to face with her former lover after so many years of being apart from each other.

 

he noticed that his former lover changed a lot, she grew taller, her hair now short and brown, she was paler, and much more thinner that he wondered if she was well. not being able to take it much longer, the guy envelops the younger into his own embrace. he held her so tight as if he never wanted to let her go ever again, and she did too.

 

as the two of them healed the broken pieces of their hearts caused by them being apart from each other, a certain beauty watched them find the missing pieces of their hearts together with her own one shattered. she felt someone tugging her hand, and when she looked down, she saw yujin's worried looks which only broke her even more as he looked exactly like the love of her life.

 

"mommy who is she? daddy why is mommy crying?" nako asked, drawing everyone back. minjoo wiped her tears before giving her kids a smile of assurance. the pair also broke their hug when they heard the calling of a child.

 

"she is your auntie chaewon, and mommy is crying because she is happy seeing auntie chaewon after a long time. now daddy, mommy, granny, gramps and auntie will have an adult talk so nakochan and yudings will have to go upstairs. you stay there until mommy comes to get you, okay?" the younger kim was able to mask off the pain and she mentally patted herself for not stuttering as she said that.

 

with that, she sets her daughter down however, before her children could go to their room, they gave her a tight hug as if they knew exactly what their mother needed and as they were heading upstairs, yujin came to his father and looked at him straight into his eyes.

 

"daddy i think someone made mommy cry." the boy said, seemingly not buying what his mother had told them and he was right to have some doubts. and so, the kids left the living room, with their grandparents accompanying them upstairs as they know that the three needed to talk.

 

"so it is true, you are married. but mom and dad forgot to tell me that you're married to my sister with two kids. from what i can recall, i thought i told you to take care of him for the mean time, i didn't know you'd do it to a greater extent." chaewon releases a chortle, although her tone sounded a bit bitter as she eyed the ring on her sister's finger.

 

"oh who am i kidding, i knew you were in love with my boyfriend way back. so i should've known before asking you a favor, right?" the latter now has her head down, they already saw her crying, but nevertheless, she didn't want them to see how easy it is to break her.

 

"you knew where she was?" this time, saku finally spoke up. he was lost for the mean time, puzzled with what was happening but putting two pieces together, he was filled with anger as realization hits him.

 

"oppa, i'm sorry..."

 

"this whole time, you ing knew where chaewon was and you didn't tell me?!" the brown haired guy was more than furious, he was feeling all sorts of emotions that it was all channeled into pure rage. minjoo locked gazes with him, not minding if he is seeing her in this state, she looked at him with both remorse and desperation. sensing the need to step up, the older kim spoke.

 

"i was sick and i left so that i could be treated. it took a couple of years before i could recover fully, i wanted to go back home in an instant but they had to keep me monitored and from time to time my health kept on dropping and raising back up. before i left, i told minjoo to take care of you for the mean time and also not to tell you what happened to me because i wouldn't want you to worry, but that was the last time we talked to each other ever again. it wasn't her fault, it was all mine." the latter knew that the lad will put the blame to her sister, and although their given situation right now is complicated, minjoo is not at fault as she only did what she had to do.

 

"you should've told me... i would've waited for you to come back." the japanese shifted his gaze back to his former lover, those eyes that was full of rage a while ago are now full of regrets.

 

"i know and that's why i chose not to tell you, because i can't have you waiting for me when i'm not even certain that i will recover." with that, he pulled her back into his arms again. crying as he imagined how much the latter had suffered so much for the past few years with no one to hold into.

 

as they reconcile their broken hearts, unbeknownst to them, one heart broke simultaneously.

 

you would've waited for her, and we wouldn't be married right now. but that also means that nako and yujin wouldn't have been born.

 

the beauty thought to herself as she wiped her tears away. silently walking away to give the two former lovers who are still currently in love with each other the time that they need to make up for the time they spent away from each other.

 

chaewon opened her eyes and saw the younger going upstairs with her shoulders slumped, she felt bad seeing her like that, it was like nothing has happened from the moment she left. minjoo is still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter