3rd - a blast from the past

take a shot | ON PAUSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it's a double update so if you haven't read the previous one check it out first.

 

 

she's still in love with you, by the way.

 

those same words kept on repeating inside saku's head the instant he heard it. he was left stupefied, unable to sort his feelings out.

 

he was happy to see chaewon after seven dreadful years, but over the time period, minjoo was there to take care of him, to fix his broken pieces and she loved him with all her heart not only that but she also brought nako and yujin into his life.

 

"you okay son?" the japanese was so engrossed with his own thoughts that he failed to notice that his in-laws have gone down and joined him in the living room. 

 

"you must be so stirred right now, we're sorry we didn't tell you about chaewon sooner. she didn't want you to know, we know that you and minjoo have settled everything before you two married each other, but right now, your kids are hurting seeing their mom cry. we also know how much you and chaewon loved each other back then, but it's time to move on for the sake of the kids." hearing those from his mother-in-law, the brown haired guy knew what she was suggesting.

 

"we're going to prepare your dinner, you should sort out your feelings and decide what's best for everyone. we called all your friends ahead of time before calling you and minjoo, they all agreed to eat dinner here to welcome chaewon back." with that being said, the middle-aged couple left the young lad alone who was feeling every burden in his heart.

 

despite everything hitting him all at once, he brushed it all off and headed towards his family's room. he was too absorbed with chaewon's unannounced arrival that he forgot about his kids.

 

saku stood in front of the door and the muffled noise from inside had confirmed that his kids are indeed crying because of worry. he was about to twist the knob and ease them up when he heard the door behind him open, he spared a glance and the sight of his former lover's with puffy eyes caused him to stiffen.

 

"chaewon..." the latter mumbled, hands slowly letting go of the knob to approach the fairy, however, she stepped back, shaking her head furiously to express her disagreement.

 

"don't, i'm f-fine. i don't want to ruin what you have with my sister just because i still love you. i'm done being the one who gets to have anything she wants." she utters while tears are streaming down from her eyes. it pains her so much because saku was the one she was holding into, knowing that he has a family now made her realize that all those fighting are for nothing.

 

when her parents have told her about saku's marriage, they said it was the guy's parents who forced him to marry their business partner's daughter, they also told her that he and his partner agreed to have divorce five years after their marriage, however, that was not the case when she comes back.

 

"and if i still love you too?" the short haired girl huffed when those words escaped her ex's lips, she took a step forward and flicked his forehead.

 

"and what about minjoo, huh? what about nako and yujin? is your love for me much greater than your love for your own family? if it is then you're crazy, remember when you used to cry because your dad is cheating on your mom but your mom will always forgive your dad for it? in this case, you'll end up just like your dad and minjoo will be like your mom, she will always forgive you even if you hurt her." chaewon looked at him straight in the eyes, she wanted to get to him somehow and luckily for her, she was able to knock some sense into him easily.

 

"but my sister doesn't deserve to be eternally committed to someone who doesn't have any feelings for her. you're practically her one and only love, we both know that but if you feel like you're being forced to be with her then just let her go, she deserves to be with someone who loves her, and not be with someone who is forced to be with her." with that being said, the fairy left him dumbfounded. everything is not making any sense to him already and she just have to complicate things even more.

 

snapping out of his thoughts, he wanted to come after her and talk to her, but he knows that there's someone inside the room behind him who needed him more. so finally, after much hesitations, he stepped inside the room and saw his son and his daughter hugging their mother.

 

"daddy... m-mommy..." nako utters with a teary eyed, seeing this sight of them broke him. with that, he wiped their tears away and lifted them both up.

 

"hey it's okay, mommy's going to be fine no need to worry about her. daddy will do his magic and make mommy smile again okay? but while daddy do that, nakochan and yudings need to go help granny and gramps downstairs, can you do that for me?" when their father spoke, assuring them that he will fix everything, the siblings nodded their heads and when they did, saku dropped the two with much care for them to go down but not before kissing their mom.

 

with the kids taking their leave, the married couple was left inside with an uncomfortable silence, the lass was sniffing as to stop herself from crying while the other doesn't know how to ease her up when he, himself finds their situation complicated.

 

the lad sat at the edge of the bed right beside his wife who doesn't dare meet his eyes as she doesn't want to get lost in it.

 

"you're making our kids worried about you, and everyone else. you always have been such a crybaby back in the days, no wonder our kids are too, they took after their mother." the brown haired guy joked, bringing his hand to her face and wiped her tears away. she lets him be, and when she didn't protest, he scooted over, now he was leaning his back against the headboard while he rested his wife's head over his chest.

 

"i'm sorry." the japanese apologized as he run his fingers through her locks.

 

"it's o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter