1st - little things in life

take a shot | ON PAUSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

when people hear the name kim minjoo, the thing that comes first into their mind is that this girl's got everything. being one of the most successful tv actresses of all time, most people tend to assume that she's got everything.

 

looks, fame, beauty, talent, and even a hotshot boyfriend, kim junkyu, who is well known in south korea for his charming voice. everyone envies her, everyone wants her life. as she is the daughter of two great actors, the nation's goddess easily made her way at the top of the entertainment industry at such a young age with no difficulty.

 

not once did she ever experience living how it feels like to go through hardships. everything was given to her on a silver platter since she was in her mother's womb and it's not an exaggeration.

 

a city girl is what she is. kim minjoo had never experienced life outside the city, though she did go to a lot of places, but it was either for a very vacation with her family or shoot and she was still living in luxury even though.

 

you could say that she was somehow spoiled by her parents, given the fact that she could get everything in a single snap of a finger added to the fact that she was often pampered and showered with care.

 

you may think that she has everything given her status and all, but actually there's something missing in her life. believe it or not, the nation's goddess, kim minjoo, lacks of happiness. sure, she has a face of an angel and all the wealth which is more than enough to support for her for the rest of her life, and even so much more that it could still sustain her grandkids.

 

she's not happy with her life. yeah, she has a boyfriend that everyone wishes for, but do they even truly love each other or were they just dating for the sake of their reputation and status?

 

despite her lovely face and talents, kim minjoo is known for her bad reputation. being known as a wild party girl, the nation's goddess is not all that she is known for as the lass was also dubbed as the nation's crazy rich beauty.

 

during her teenage years, she was fine with it. often being scolded by her parents for her behaviors, then get praised by the public for her talents, it's all just repeated events. the beauty has grown tired of everything, and all she wanted was to unwind and think about what her life means.

 

"i want to go on a hiatus for two years." was the statement she greeted her parents with and if you're thinking it drove them crazy, then you're definitely right. because how could it not?

 

she's the kim minjoo for christ's sake. who would take a two year break from the entertainment industry when literally a lot of managements are at war against each other to give her the best project offers for the actress to accept.

 

her parents were against her idea of a hiatus of course, claiming she doesn't need to take that big of a break and that she might lose everything, including her title and status then be long forgotten.

 

but minjoo couldn't care less about that because what she is now is not what she aspires to be, it's what her parents desire for her, to continue what they started for her and worked hard for.

 

"i want to be my own person." she said and there was no lie in that. it's all true, all her life the beauty feels like she's obligated to please her parents, be the person they want her to become.

 

however as she grows old, minjoo realizes that she's far from the person she truly wants to be. growing up she always think that if she becomes successful in life, then she's already set. and she achieved that, but why is it that there's something missing?

 

"what could you possibly want more when everything you want, everything you need, we could go get it for you honey." her father said and the brunette shuts her eyes close hearing that.

 

they just can't understand the fact that minjoo wants, no scratch that, needs to find herself because for her, she's like a lost soul walking aimlessly to the path chosen for her and not by her.

 

"i'm not a kid anymore dad, i'm twenty for pete's sake i can take care of myself. ever since i was a child, you and mom kept me locked in this house. i was homeschooled till high school, god the only friends i had was our maids. i've been doing what you guys wanted, but what about what i want?" with her saying that, the adults fell silent thinking about what their daughter had blurted out and they can't deny the fact that it's true.

 

not once did they ever let her make her own decisions. it was always their call, they're the parents after all and she's just a kid who can barely even take care of her pet dog. but seeing how desperate the lass was made them realize those.

 

"did you discuss this with junkyu." right, she almost forgot she has a boyfriend. however it already seems like her parents are slowly becoming open with what she wants so she answered yes even though she didn't, besides it's not like junkyu cares.

 

"fine, but if you can't handle it alone after two months max you're going back here with us. you can leave whenever you want, go wherever you want as long as you tell us all about it." that being said, minjoo's face lits up. she nodded her head in agreement before leaving the study and heading straight back to her room to research a place to stay.

 

it took her almost three hours before she found the perfect place to stay, 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter