end - found my queen

take a shot | ON PAUSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"so? i'll see you tomorrow for your grand ball then, my princess." saku gently reaches in for the lass's hand, giving it a comforting caress before taking it to his lips. they just ended going through the whole event as a final preparation for the ball that will be held tomorrow.

 

the beauty gave the prince a timid nod before closing the door behind. in an instant, the japanese pumps his fist to release all his kept in emotions and skipped towards his shared room with his brother, who have taken notice of the older's enthusiasm.

 

"so that's how you look like when you're in love, huh, disguting." yujin mocked the other's antics, but instead of getting mad, saku threw himself on top of the younger, seemingly trying to piss him off which he successfully did.

 

"yujinnie, princess minjoo is really really really pretty. like really beautiful, have you seen the way she smiled at me the whole day!? that chanwoo guy stands no chance against me this time, i can feel it. besides, i'm way more good-looking than him." he claims with much confidence, causing his brother to scoff in disbelief.

 

"i hate to break it into you hyung but, there's no greater love than the first one. sure, you and princess minjoo hangs out a lot nowadays, but did it actually sink in to you that at the end of the day, she and chanwoo hyung are sharing a chamber together? the queen doesn't even mind, from the looks of it, it seems like they have her blessings." the blue haired prince retorted back, completely shattering the happiness of the other who's smile had been completely wiped off.

 

"i didn't want to ruin it for you, i'm really happy that you've learnt to open your heart for someone else other than princess irene, but i don't want you to fall for the princess deeper, only to be left broken in the end hyung." the taller utters before leaving saku be, lost in his own thoughts as he tried to stomach in the words of his brother.

 

on the other hand, inside a chamber where another set of siblings are in, a certain beauty couldn't seem to mask off the smile painted on her lips, especially the happiness in her eyes while her brother trains his eyes on her.

 

"oh no, you're falling deeper in love with him, aren't you?" the fairy-like prince said as he stood up from the bed to face his sister.

 

"no i'm not, we just had a really good day together." the brunette denied his claims, freeing herself from the older's grip but was halted as she was held back.

 

"yes you are, that's the same look you had ages ago. kim minjoo, have you forgotten about the fact that saku hyung is courting our wonnie, and not you? fifteen years, min, fifteen. we were kids when he gave you his words. you were five for christ's sake, he doesn't even remember who you were in his life!" chanwoo's voice raised up, his words hurted his sister's feelings and this time, he might've actually gone a little too far.

 

without saying another word, the lass swiftly fleed from the room, tears falling freely from her eyes. realizing his fault, the lad ran his fingers through his locks, thinking about what he should do next.

 

in the end, he decided to follow the princess to the garden. as the raven desperately searched for his sister, the latter on the other hand was holding back her sobs, sitting on the exact same spot where a japanese prince somehow asked for her hand in marriage. she hears her older brother calling out her name. but she didn't budge.

 

the young boy's words from the past echoes in her ears, those fluttering three words are the only thing that's been keeping her from hanging into his vow for so many years. and yet he doesn't even remember saying those.

 

it's just impossible, how could he forget it all just like that?

 

just then, the sound of the bushes being shuffled have announced the presence of the fairy-like prince. the lad's whole body has been filled with nothing but the feeling of remorse, especially after seeing the beauty in this state.

 

"minjoo i'm sorry, i didn't mean to. please i-" but before he could say more, the lass cuts him off and shook her head before voicing out her thoughts.

 

"you just don't know how it feels like to finally have someone you've been longing for in fifteen years to be back in your life. can you blame me for being happy when i've been yearning for this moment to come? i understand that he is our sister's swain, but just let me have him for myself just for a month. i'll only have what? not even two weeks left to be with him before i come back to our kingdom. after that, i no longer have any reason to visit here, no longer have the chance to see him again." by this time, the brunette is crying harder than before. with that, the lad pulls her into his embrace.

 

"minjoo-ah, i am so sorry. i just didn't want you to fall deeper, because the deeper it is, the more painful it gets. you just don't deserve to be hurt, i love you and seeing you like this? you don't know how painful it is for me." the two siblings succumb into the feeling of each other's comfort. they stayed like that for a couple of minutes, until they heard footsteps approaching them, next thing they knew, prince saku was right in front of their eyes.

 

"minjoo? chanwoo? what are you guys doing here? is she crying? did you make her cry!?" the brown haired prince felt angry seeing the beauty in her current state. he walked closer to the princess and held out his hand, as if asking her to come to his own embrace.

 

"are you okay princess?" he cooed, the young woman relaxing into the warmth that his arms are providing.

 

"i-i'm fine." the latter responded, pressing her lips into a thin smile. the black haired lad locked gazes with the other, then shifted his eyes back to his sister.

 

"maybe i should leave you two be. i'm going ahead min. hyung, i am entrusting my sister in your hands. please take care of her." hearing that, the japanese prince was left puzzled with the princess slowly invading his comfort.

 

wait what? sister?

 

her addictive scent lingers right under his nose. with his arms wrapped around her petite frame, it is certainly amusing how one's body could fit perfectly into another one's frame. it was as if they were made for each other.

 

"he's your brother?" the dazed prince questioned, still refusing to believe his own ears. the lass looks at him with a silly smile painted on her face before nodding a 'yes'.

 

"but you told me he was your first love!"

 

"well technically he is my first love, we all loved our families first before anyone didn't we? is it not obvious that we're siblings? yujin sensed it in an instant." minjoo couldn't help but chuckle seeing the look on her companion's face. it was as if he was betrayed and is in disbelief.

 

"it's not, because he was openly flirting with you! bloody hell, i thought you two were dating. yujin was telling me all these sorts of things, he said first love will always win no matter what and i kept on thinking about his words and god- what an arse." the young lad rants nonstop while the former just listened and looked at him with adoration.

 

the arms that were wrapped protectively around her waist have made her feel secured. however, as the thought of the prince fancying her own sister, she swiftly jerked away from the guy's embrace and hung her head low. she knew it's not right to do those things with him, at least not in this situation.

 

"princess? are you okay?" saku was surprised as to why the princess suddenly broke their contact.

 

"yeah, yeah i'm fine."

 

"may i ask you a question? it has been bugging the hell out of me and i just need to know what goes on." the brown haired prince asked, and the princess nodded her head, with her eyes now avoiding those alluring ones of the lad.

 

"are you still waiting for that prince to keep his word?" the out of the blue query definitely caught the lass off-guard. as a matter of fact, she doesn't know what to say. surely there's still some hope inside of her, but knowing that her sister have captured the heart of her childhood love, she's not so sure anymore.

 

"maybe i'm still holding on to his promise, but the thing is, he seems to be in love with someone else now." hurt is visible in those gorgeous eyes, and saku wanted nothing more than to put those sad glints away.

 

"you know what? that guy is an idiot, he doesn't even deserve to be called a prince. a prince is someone who will take responsibility to the words that he sets free, who is this guy anyway? i'm sorry princess but he sounds unworthy for you." the japanese began rambling, showing that he is clearly not a fan of the prince. not knowing it was him.

 

if only you knew.

 

"yes he is, but even after waiting for fifteen years i am still in love with him, madly even." the princess chuckles lightly, but in reality she pities herself.

 

"you should stop loving him then."

 

"easy for you to say, you weren't the one who's heart was fluttered because of his damn words that turned out to be empty." minjoo couldn't help but exhale a sigh, once again, she's taking a trip to memory lane, hurting herself over and over again.

 

"tell me about it then." the brunette locks her gaze with him, she have told him too much, and yet it still seems like he really doesn't know. like he's a completely different person.

 

"would you believe me when i tell you that he said those words in this exact same spot? it was the thirteenth day of june, we were you know, just playing around then i tripped. he told me he will always protect me, but you see the irony in that is he always teams up with chanwoo oppa to tease me." she laughs over those painful smiles, the beauty was looking straight into the lad's eyes, searching for a glint of familiarity, however there was none. not even a hint.

 

"he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter