the perfect moment

take a shot | ON PAUSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

kim minjoo and miyawaki sakura are friends who secretly like each other, but are oblivious to that fact. those simple gestures and subtle touches have their own meanings, the rest of their friends have noticed all of those, yet the two didn't and it made them all frustrated.

 

they're not the closests, but they're not awkward either. unlike with yujin and yena wherein they literally talk nonstop, whenever sakura is with minjoo, it was as if the japanese had forgotten how to speak in korean. just like now, the pair is waiting for the crew inside the usual café shop. neither one of them are talking, but nevertheless, they are comfortable with that silence.

 

the cherry blossom was playing with her nintendo switch, eyes fixated on the screen and whenever she scrunches her face as a force of habit in the midst of the game, the beauty who was simply watching her play with admiration couldn't help but find it rather cute. 

 

"yah minjoo can you ask them where the hell they are. we've already been waiting for over an hour and but they're not here yet." the former said, putting her switch back in her bag and propping her chin atop her right palm.

 

as if on cue, the said girl's phone started ringing, flashing eunbi's name on the screen. without even a second, she answered it swiftly.

 

"unnie! where are you guys? sakura unnie and i have been waiting here for like over an hour now." the brunette pouted her lips unconsciously, and damn the other finds it hard to withstand herself from the temptation of locking their lips together.

 

"so here's the thing, we're still in school because apparently hyewon and the other two back up idiots are stuck in detention for making a baseball fly from the field across the laboratories and broke things. you two can go first, we'll meet you there. oh and by the way... goodluck minguri, bye!" eunbi didn't even wait for the younger to talk before dropping the call.

 

minjoo wanted to be by the earth's crust then and there, she's going to be alone with her crush for a couple of hours and she didn't want to make a fool out of herself. or worse, she's afraid that the older might accidentally find out about her feelings because of her slip. she doesn't know if she could handle that just yet.

 

"so? are they near yet?" the japanese asked, pulling the former back from her trance. their eyes were immediately drawn into each other, they were so engrossed with the other's beautiful orbs that their breathing hitched.

 

"y-yeah. no i-i mean, no. they're waiting for hyewon, yena, and yujin to be released from detention." minjoo mentally scolded herself for stuttering, not wanting to appear weird, she averted her gaze to the side and sipped her frappe.

 

out of the blue, a young lad approached their table with a shy smile and timidly scratching the back of his nape. being the first one to notice, sakura's forehead creased in confusion, but when the guy cleared his throat and earned the beauty's attention, she already made her assumptions.

 

"hi, i know it's not normal to have a complete stranger talking to you however i just can't help but find you beautiful. can i have your name?" the brunette's eyes grew wide hearing that, she have no clue what to say and was stunned. a random guy asking her out is already enough to leave her stupefied, but right in front of miyawaki sakura, her crush? her brain might've malfunctioned.

 

there was a couple moment of silence and awkwardness, minjoo was having a staring contest with the embarrassed lad while the other's own eyes was shifting between the two figures parallel to her seat. but noticing that her friend was obviously uncomfortable, she suddenly placed a palm on top of the younger's and cleared .

 

"i hate to ruin whatever moment you guys were having but isn't it weird for you to ask a random girl in a café out when her girlfriend is right here?" the latter was taken aback upon hearing that and feeling the soothing warmth enveloping her right hand didn't make it easier for her to hide the blush that's already forming on her cheeks.

 

truth be told, sakura was shocked as well, but she has mixed feelings about the scene unfolding in front of her very eyes. she didn't like that the guy tried to flirt with minjoo, she was jealous but at the same time, she envied him for having the courage to ask the goddess out when she herself is too much of a coward to do so.

 

"y-you're her girlfriend?" the boy asked, now more embarrassed than ever. sakura locked gazes with her friend before shifting back and raising a brow on him with a smug look.

 

"do i have to kiss her right in front of you just to make you believe it? because i can guarantee you a hundred percent, i will do it." her intimidating voice caused him to apologize with a bow before going back to his table in shame.

 

the japanese then shifted her eyes back on the lass in front and snapped her fingers to pull her back from her own reverie.

 

"hey min? sorry i had to step in, you weren't saying anything plus you look really flustered." the cherry blossom apologized, now it was her who was scratching the back of her nape shyly.

 

"ah it's okay unnie... thank you." the beauty utters softly, sounding like music to the older's big and red ears. before they could go further away from the topic, the latter had asked the other about it again.

 

"so is friday night cancelled?" the younger was confused with the questioned, but going back to a while ago, she instantly shook her head sideways.

 

"we're still pushing it through, eunbi unnie said she'll meet us in her house. so let's go now?" with that, the two of them packed their things before heading to the eldest's house in a comfortable silence.

 

 

arriving at the house, sakura's initial reaction was to go to the arcade room straight ahead. and she did, with the younger following right behind her, or more like being dragged behind.

 

in an instant, the japanese had set the games up while the beauty sat on the ground beside her, back leaning against the seats as she rests her chin on her knee.

 

you're always playing games and barely even acknowledging my presence.

 

minjoo thought to herself, but what she didn't know is that she accidentally muttered those words outloud and the cherry blossom has heard her loud and clear, thus the latter paused the game without any hesitation and faced the lass beside her.

 

"do you want to do something?" the brunette was shocked when the older spoke, she was still oblivious about the fact that sakura heard what she said so she shook her head as a response.

 

"how about i teach you how to play this? then later we could play it on multiplayer." the latter offers, to which the younger accepted without even thinking twice. well who would even refuse an offer from your crush, right?

 

with that being said, the cherry blossom handed her the controller and began teaching her the basic moves and simple techniques.

 

"i don't get it, how do you even control this." after a few good minutes of learning the game, minjoo still struggles to get a hang of it, and so sakura leisurely placed herself behind the struggling lass and grabbed a hold of the controller with the latter's hands beneath.

 

"you see this one? it's for kicking, this one's for punching, and for the techniques..." as the older began explaning everything in detail with their hands softly brushing against each other, her words began to appear muffled as the brunette focuses on their joined hands. she was feeling butterflies in her stomach, her back pressing against the older's chest. never in her life did she ever thought that she'll be in this position with her crush.

 

"you're not processing this, are you?" the grey haired girl releases a sigh before taking the controller away and resting her chin on top of the other's shoulder, hands now finding their way to go around her waist.

 

"let's do something else, do you want to watch a movie?" finally snapping out of her thoughts, minjoo wholly submits her body to the japanese who by the way, couldn't keep her heart calm because of their close proximity. truth be told, they're not that clingy to each other, sure they hold hands publicly and all, but they barely even touch each ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter