in my perspective

take a shot | ON PAUSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

request from iwannabaewithchu! it took a lot of time for this be written but here it is!

 

 

sigh.

 

another day, another failure. well who am i kidding, i'm a broke college student who couldn't figure out how to sustain for myself after my parents kicked me out of the house for being such a disgrace to the family.

 

well technically that's what they thought, i didn't even do anything wrong. they just assumed it was i, their adoptive daughter who's at fault because they couldn't exactly blame their biological spoiled of a daughter for selling one of their most valued possessions in ebay.

 

oh right, i haven't introduced myself yet. hi my name is kim minjoo, or at least that's the name i've been living up since i was adopted by the kims because my parents abandoned me when i was born but let's not dwell in that shall we?

 

so here i am, instead of sitting in class, listening to my boring professor lecture about blah blah blah, i'm sitting at a café with my camera on hand, casually sipping my not so expensive coffee while stalking the almighty miyawaki sakura.

 

stalker? well i prefer to call it a job thank you very much for not being judgy. a couple of months ago, i was nearly getting kicked out of my apartment for failing to pay the rent for months because god damn it i'm broke okay? fortunately for me, my landlord had grown a soft spot on me, she offered me to work for her friend who's willing to cover up any of my expenses.

 

and where's the catch in that? well it's simple, i just have to capture a scandal that features one of the world's greatest and mysterious actress, miyawaki sakura. i know, horrible right? but desperate times call for desperate measures. so here i am, everyone, being the root of her career's downfall.

 

everyday single day, i am spying and recording her daily activities whenever she's free and truthfully, i've seen nothing but her living her life like a normal citizen of this city. like right now, she's basically just playing with her switch while waiting for her friends to arrive.

 

despite this horrible work that i have to do, it has its perks alright and one of it is being able to see this side of hers that the world doesn't know about. over the time period, i find myself smiling like a total idiot, hiding my amused face with a book as i admire her well crafted physique as she hid hers with a cap and a mask but nevertheless still fails to hide her beauty.

 

but the good part comes when she takes it all off and from there i can see it all. that little crease on her forehead every time she fails to pass a certain level on mario kart which will then follow with a dejected sigh. don't even let me get started on her charmingly crooked smile, she knows her beauty is deadly alright and seeing this everyday is just torture for me.

 

it's weird that a lot of people are hating on her, i don't get them. is it because of the cold demeanor she displays outside? or are they just plain insecure of all the successes she was able to achieve.

 

all those days of following her, hopeful to get a couple of spices in her life which will sustain my college expenses, i got nothing. z-e-r-o news, and if i don't get one tomorrow, well bye bye college. i wonder why she never suspected nor even noticed me.

 

with all those thoughts running wild in my head, i failed to realize that those beautiful feline eyes met with mine. for a moment there my breathing hitched and my heart definitely skipped a beat. weird enough, it also seemed like everything was muted and in slow motion. or maybe i was just imagining things, yeah.

 

that's what i made myself believe in until she put her switch back in her pocket and strutted in my direction. for a minute there, i started to panic and hastily gathered all my things. she kept her gaze darted on me, and if i weren't panicking right now i would've thought that she looked hot, smoking even.

 

but unfortunately for me, before i could stand up and move from my seat, she sat right in front of me with her fingers intertwined and looked at me like she's trying to dig inside of me. from that moment i knew that i totally blew my cover.

 

"hi i'm sure you know me, judging from how you've been stalking me for a couple of weeks now. i was going to just let it go, really i was but then you're just staring for far too long and i couldn't take the creepiness. so tell me, why is a beautiful stranger like you spying on me?" sakura casually took a sip of her coffee, the edge of her lips twitching a little bit and all i could do is stare at her big, doe eyes without saying a word and moving an inch no matter how much i wanted to.

 

"no? you're not going to tell me? okay, i could wait. nako and hitomi cancelled on me today anyway so let's take our time yeah?" she tapped her fingers on top of the table in a tune, taking her switch back out to play with them. i knew she wasn't going away until i speak up, but i can't tell her i work for dispatch. that's like a death sentence for me!

 

"i-i'm sorry! it w-won't happen again, p-please i-i'll go away, i promise!" curse my traitor of a tongue for stuttering, i can feel her piercing stares going through me and it traveled down to the camera that i was holding. i just knew she won't let me go that easy.

 

"come on, get up." sakura commanded which left me in a daze, i remained unmoving while she stood up and picked half of my things up before going out of the café. regaining my consciousness back, i followed her out immediately with all these questions running inside my head.

 

"w-where are we g-going?" i asked as i struggled to keep my books and laptop from falling on the ground. however, instead of getting a decent answer, she gave me a mere shrug before she led me to her car and placed everything that she and i were holding in the backseat.

 

"get inside the car." there's something in the way that she said those words which made me comply to her orders, it's like i was being compelled to obey. so being the idiotic girl that i am, i did and she drove to god knows where.

 

"i knew there was something fishy about you, i just didn't think that you're working for dispatch. i thought you're just a creepy obsessed fan but you're way worse, oh well, i'm sure your boss could just bail you out of jail like everyone else. if you want to keep your job then i suggest you do better at hiding." the moment i heard the word 'jail' my eyes grew wide. i held her wrist and looked at her with desperation.

 

"no please you can't turn me in, i didn't mean to stalk you pl-" i was about to explain myself and beg for her not to turn me in, but she cut me off.

 

"didn't mean to stalk me and invade my privacy? what, you just happened to be where i am in my free time everyday while holding a camera? yeah you're gonna have to come up with a better excuse than that." sakura clicked her tongue and drove faster. any minute now we'll arrive at the police department and my life will be toast!

 

"working like this is not the life that i chose! i had to, okay? i'm not like you who can get everything i want in a single snap of a finger, i don't eat three times a day, and i have unpaid college expenses. i was desperate to survive so i accepted the offer to deliver a scandal featuring you in exchange of all of my expenses. so i'm sorry that i had to do this to survive because unlike you, i've been abandoned by my adoptive parents!" my out of the blue break out seems to have caught her attention seeing that it caused her to abruptly hit the breaks and look at me.

 

"just please don't send me to jail, i won't bother you ever again i promise. i'm really sorry." i lowered down my head, ashamed of everything i did and unconsciously bit my lower lip.

 

after a few silent seconds later, i felt the car moving once again and i just exhaled a sigh. i thought she has a warm interior despite her cold exterior, but i guess she is just a cold hearted . instead of begging and kissing her foot even more, i decided to just lean back, close my eyes, and let her file a case against me.

 

it wasn't until someone nudging my side before i fluttered my eyes open and rubbed my eyes to steady my vision. i looked around and realized that i'm inside someone's car, in an instant, i jerked my head towards the driver seat and saw the familiar sight that i was so used to.

 

right, i'm going to jail.

 

i started to pity myself for the unfortunate life that i was given. you know, i always thought that things would've been better if i was never born, i was abandoned from the moment i was born and again by my adoptive parents, now i'm going to jail. what did i do to deserve all these?

 

suddenly, the door to my side opened up. sakura held it open for me and with much remorse, i stepped out of the car. however, i was caught off-guard when i realized that we're not in front of the police department, instead, we're in what seems to be a parking lot.

 

although i have a lot of questions going on inside my head, i remained silent and followed her to wherever she'll be leading me into. we entered the elevator in silence with my head still lowered, both of us aren't saying a word to disrupt the silence, the only sound which did is the sound of the elevator and when it opened, it revealed a sight of a penthouse so classy.

 

my jaws were hanging in agape and i was stupefied with the sight, she went straight inside but i couldn't move a muscle as i was still in awe of the structure. she looked back at me and raised a brow.

 

"are you coming in or do you want me to drive you back to the cops?" her threats snapped me back in an instant, so with hurried steps, i followed her again like a lost puppy.

 

"make yourself at home." she said before leaving me be, with much hesitation, i took a seat, pretty much still confused as to why she brought me here.

 

"call your boss, tell him to go himself and quit." sakura's words made me speechless, she wants me to quit the job that will sustain all my expenses? hell no!

 

"you can't make me do that, this is my only source of income! there has to be another way for me to make up for it, please i'll call him and tell him to give me another task, but i can't quit no matter how badly i want to." i saw her raise a brow as she handed me a glass of water to which i gladly accepted.

 

"i'll take care of all your expenses, all you have to do is to quit your job." she made it sound so simple and tempting. if i did, i won't ever have to do this ever again. but it all seem too easy.

 

"and what's in it for you?" sakura smirked hearing that, she looked amused as to how quickly i was able to catch on to her intentions.

 

"i'm glad we're on the same page, easy, all you have to do is pretend to be my girlfriend." and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter