friends. or not

take a shot | ON PAUSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

minjoo and sakura were friends turned lovers turned exes turned friends again, however, the whole crew disagrees and said exes can't be friends, if so it's either they were never in love with each other, or they are still in love with each other. but the thing is, in their situation, one of them was the latter, and the other was secretly the former.

 

it's been four months since the two have stopped dating. it just wasn't working out for them, yeah, they couldn't get enough of each other at first, but as months went by, they just weren't the same anymore.

 

minjoo wanted nothing more but to fix it, sakura however, had other plans. she wanted to stop their relationship but she also couldn't bare losing her friend. after all, they were each other's one-call-away friend before they started dating.

 

the younger was the one who had gathered every bit of courage to finally confess her kept up feelings for her best friend. fortunately for her, the japanese did feel the same, or at least thought so.

 

their relationship was going off smooth at first, minjoo and sakura were this perfect couple that everyone was envious of. imagine dating your best friend, how magical is that, right? everyone wanted to have that kind of relationship wherein you're just too comfortable with each other and does not care about pleasing the other's satisfaction.

 

until sakura met lee chaeyeon, the woman who had brought realization into the former's heart. and so, their relationship started going downhill. she was dating minjoo, but she wanted to marry chaeyeon.

 

for more than a month, minjoo and sakura have done nothing else but to fight over stupid little things. the latter being the one to cause the fight while the former tries to understand. quarrels every morning, apologies by night.

 

until the cherry blossom had finally confronted the beauty about their relationship and her feelings. she wanted it to stop, but the latter begs her not to.

 

i'm sorry minjoo, i just don't feel the same way anymore. or maybe i never did, maybe i was just infatuated with the thought of how perfect it will be when i end up with my best friend. i don't want to lose you, but i just can't fool myself anymore. you don't deserve this. maybe when everything is alright, we can still be friends, just like before and i want nothing more but to have my best friend back.

 

those are the exact same words that the older has set free that night. the brunette was heart broken for more than a month, she became the reckless person that she never was before, always ditching class, always going back to their dorm wasted, and always crying herself to sleep while eunbi and the others tried to comfort her. meanwhile, sakura is already making her way to chaeyeon's heart.

 

maybe for her, their relationship was a mistake that shouldn't have happened in the first place because it had not only caused a rip to their friendship, but to everyone else's as well due to taking sides. however, minjoo never did regret telling her best friend about her feelings, if one, it was the greatest decision of her life. minus all the pain, at least.

 

but it all changed drastically one day when the two former lovers have acknowledged each other once again. acting as if nothing dramatic had happened for a month, heck even their friends did not think they will ever see this sight of the duo again.

 

we talked the other day, finally agreed on being friends again. she even met chaeyeon and they talked too. everything's going back to the way it was before, shouldn't you all be happy? no more minkkura drama, thank god.

 

you do know that exes can't be friends, right? it's either you never loved each other, or you still are. you can't just act so in love and then break up, crying to sleep every night and then one day act like nothing happened.

 

well i guess we never did then.

 

"oi kim minjoo, quit being such a sore loser and hurry up. use those slightly taller legs of yours, will you?" the black haired lass complains, currently, they and the gang are headed to watch chaeyeon's dance competition. she was studying in another university, their class ended at two and the competition starts thirty minutes subsequently, thus the reason why the japanese was walking a mile a minute and the beauty being a slow poke is not really adding much help.

 

"i told you my feet hurts like a , jerk and i also told you i didn't want to watch this stupid competition anyway because i'm not feeling it but no, you just had to force me to it. if you are so much in a hurry why don't you just carry me then!" minjoo retorted back, struggling to keep up with the crew.

 

"nah uh, no way. you're fat and heavy, just hurry up! i don't want to miss chaeyeon's competition, i have to be there so that she'll feel motivated!" the older banters, to which the brunette has rolled an eye on. seeing the cry for help, yujin approached the struggling girl and went down on her knees.

 

"hop on unnie, you look like you are in much need of help." the pup-like girl said, their friends howling at the fluttering action made by their second youngest.

 

"ooh ahn yujin, what is this i'm seeing?" yena commented, the others' remarks following right after, but the two paid no mind to their teasings.

 

"yah ahn yujin i did not raise you to be disgustingly whipped for minjoo." sakura utters, earning their friends' attention. now all eyes were on her, and the japanese finds it weird.

 

"yeah right like you weren't whipped for her a couple of months back. yujinnie, minjoo is so beautiful, she's so cute, we kissed a while ago and it felt like fireworks exploded in my stomach minjoo this, minjoo that, blah blah blah. and mind you, she's not heavy at all, you're just weak unnie." the blue haired girl blabbered out, mimicking the way her unnie said those words before, causing everyone to fell silent and a certain beauty to blush furiously, thus, burying her head on the former's neck.

 

"well that was some tea well served. i never knew i needed to hear that once in my gruesome life. anyway before sakura go joker-mad, let's just continue walking." chaewon voiced out before walking alongside the others who moved at her cue. leaving a dumbfounded sakura who was being dragged by a certain kang.

 

 

the crew has arrived in chaeyeon's campus with a few minutes to spare. they were lucky to get to sit in the front row as students from the campus still have classes to attend.

 

"i can walk to our seat now, you can put me down, people are staring." minjoo said but the younger has no intention of doing so. instead, she stubbornly carried the older to their seat with a mischievous grin.

 

"then let them stare." yujin utters while kneeling down to let go of the embarrassed lass who swiftly took a seat to brush off those unwanted stares.

 

one by one, they each took their own seats, with the cherry blossom plopping herself next to her ex. due to the force of habit, the former lovers s their hands together without even knowing about it.

 

before the competition begins, chaeyeon came out of the backstage to approach sakura and her friends. she was immediately engulfed in a tight hug by her admirer in anticipation of seeing her. the feather returned the hug while waving to the others. minjoo forced out a smile when she made contact with the older but swi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter