tell me to stay

take a shot | ON PAUSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the month of february came by unexpectedly quick for minjoo's liking, it was filled with eventful experiences for her, with parties being thrown left and right, she barely lost count of how many nights she got home late, drunk, and wasted.

 

however, for the month of march, everything suddenly slows down. she just graduated, thus no school for her, no part time jobs, heck her friends are out in their own vacations and she could only think two people that she could hang out with.

 

yena and yuri, but of course, minjoo would rather bore herself at home than be a third wheel to the most disgusting couple known in universe. perhaps she's exaggerating a little bit but you get her point.

 

the beauty groans as she rolls on either side of the bed careful not to fall off to edge, she was trying to come up of something to do. of course, she could always take up junkyu's offer on a coffee date.

 

but wouldn't that be giving him a fake signal?

 

the brunette thought, thus she brushed off the idea of going on a date with her suitor as she didn't want to lead him on because truth be told, she is still being haunted by the past and she didn't have the heart to say no to that charming lad.

 

how she missed those big and brown doe eyes that used to look at her with so much love, so much affection, or how their hands automatically find their way to each other and intertwine their fingers like it's a sort of habit they picked up along the way.

 

but then again, it was all in the past. minjoo couldn't help but mentally facepalm herself for being so stupid, and making a decision which she will only regret so much in the future.

 

if there was an award for the dumbest person alive, she wouldn't doubt herself of being a candidate for that category, matter of fact, she probably would win it even.

 

ding.

 

just then, her phone dings indicating that she received a notification. thinking it's probably junkyu exerting effort to pursue her, the lass blew on her bangs as she lazily searched for her phone.

 

but then, as soon as minjoo checked her phone, her heart nearly dropped as she did not expect she'd get a notification from her.

 

39_sakuchan: who's it from?

 

the japanese replied to her instastory from last night, it was a picture of a bag of food given to her by junkyu. sure, she received tons of messages asking who gave it to her, and she ignored it all despite her friends' constant nagging, however, it just wasn't the case for her.

 

k.minjoo: junkyu.

 

right after tapping send, it was immediately seen by the older. her message was left on read for a couple of minutes, and the brunette started overthinking her response.

 

was it too plain?

should i have added more?

or maybe she was just asking out of courtesy.

 

thoughts clouded her mind about why her ex girlfriend (sorta, it's complicated) left her on read. well it's not like they had proper closure anyway, one day they just... stopped talking to each other, and minjoo wouldn't deny that it was mostly her fault too.

 

39_sakuchan: hey sorry for replying late, i had to feed maru-chan. so, you and junkyu? are you two like a thing now?

 

sakura was asking questions that are way too vague, and it is sending the younger mixed signals. or maybe, that was just her assuming things. after all, it's been a couple of months since that day, and most importantly, the cherry blossom is currently dating someone else.

 

maybe she just wanted us to remain civil with each other, keep our friendship from falling apart. yeah, that's probably it.

 

there was a look of disappointment written all over the beauty's face. she heaves a sigh, before letting her fingers type whatever was on her mind.

 

k.minjoo: he's courting me.

 

the brunette wanted to expand her reply, maybe say, "i don't think i could offer him something greater than friendship." but that's just déjà vu.

 

39_sakuchan: like that's a surprise :] that news is all over the campus hahaha.
 

minjoo's eyes lingered on the emoji sent by the grey haired girl. it's probably just her insides bugging the hell out of her, but she felt a tug on her heartstrings remembering the girl that resembles that emoji the most, kim chaewon.

 

basically the girl who currently owns the heart of their campus heartthrob, miyawaki sakura herself. back then, the latter would always gush about chaewon's cute smile, especially her lip scar. saying the lass looks like a cool badass with it, but really, it's just a cat scratch.

 

minjoo would often agree with it, even going along however now, she just felt bittersweet about it. maybe it's because they're all from the same circle of friends, everyone knew of her and sakura's past, yet the fairy still chose to accept her ex's love confession as if she didn't just date her.

 

of course, the beauty knew she had no right to be jealous whatsoever, she was the one who decided to end their complicated relationship anyway. she only have herself to blame, so her getting affected when sakura and chaewon announced their blooming relationship to their friends is what she herself considered as ludicrous.

 

39_sakuchan: you're up early, you have nothing else to do, don't you?

 

it's amazing how the older still knows her very well, like she had memorized everything about her. then again, they have been best friends for nearly three years, they know each other like the back of their palms and after all, she doubts she had changed in any way.

 

k.minjoo: yes i do!

39_sakuchan: let me guess, watch netflix all day?

 

the brunette pouted as she had been caught in a lie. it's true, she was planning on letting the day pass by as she binge watch another netflix series until she fall asleep, completely ignoring the outside world to focus on the series.

 

k.minjoo: :3

39_sakuchan: tsk tsk could you be any more predictable minguri?

 

call her nuts or delusional, but her heart nearly wavered reading her nickname. minjoo could almost hear the japanese's voice ringing in her ears. her deep, raspy voice that she missed hearing along with their late night calls. how the older would sing to her until she falls asleep. oh how she missed those times.

 

next thing she knew, they were exchanging chat messages with each other so much that the initial plan of the fox-like girl to binge watch netflix was long forgotten.

 

it was almost as if they were back to how they were a couple of months ago, except only this time, they weren't romantically involved with each other.

 

39_sakuchan: hey so yena, yuri, and i are planning on hanging out. wanna come with?

 

minjoo ponders on the offer for quite some time, sure it'll be the four of them and she doubts it'll be awkward. but yena and yuri are a couple, and hanging out with them would technically be... a double date?

 

the brunette's eyes widened upon realizing what she just thought of. immediately, she shook her head furiously to shake off that idea, heck she shouldn't even be thinking like that. it's a friendly hangout between all four of them, nothing more, nothing less.

 

k.minjoo: sure, where to?

39_sakuchan: YOUR HOUSE :D

 

and that's how her peaceful home were suddenly, what was the word again? ah yes, chaotic. sakura and yena being all tom and jerry alone would nearly stress you out so much to the point that hairs would fall out of your head, now add yuri to that equa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter