Near- Death

Behind The Limelight

 

Hyuk Jae’s POV
 
 
Yoon Sung was brought to a mental institution. His depression led him into a disoriented mental state. His emotions were always on fire, and the doctors made sure to inject his daily dose of medicine. He’s been doing well according to them, but not well enough to be considered as recovered. We owe Min Yeong a lot of things for doing that kind of thing to him.
The night of the soccer match replayed in my mind. I lost the game, the chance of bringing Dong Hae back to me. No matter how I tried to analyze, my inner self tells me that I have to accept it. There’s nothing I can do anymore, and Hae is happy with Si Won.
 
An unknown number sent me a text message one fine afternoon. It said that I have to go to the mental hospital. There was a problem with Yoon Sung. The doctors were having a bad time finding a solution for it. I hurriedly went to my car and drove all the way there.
 
My phone beeped again bearing another message. I parked my car in the garage while reading the text when someone knocked on the window. When I looked up, it was Yoon Sung, dressed in casual wear and a black cap.
 
“Hello, Hyuk.” he said when I opened the window. He’s supposed to be in his room, right? How did he escape?
 
“What are you doing here?”
 
He swung the door open and pushed me on the passenger seat. Before I could reach out to open the other door, he already shut it closed.
 
He banged the door and locked it. He looked at me with a vicious smile.
 
“How do you like this?” he said then harshly pressed his lips against mine. His hands ran up from my chest and even tried to unbuckle my belt. I shoved his hands and pushed him away.
 
“You’re crazy, Yoon Sung. Get me out of here.”
 
He twisted the key into the ignition and sped away. I held on to my seat while he was driving too fast. My heart raced inside my chest while his smile slowly transformed into a grin. He really was out of his mind.
 
“Stop!” I yelled, but he didn’t listen to me. Instead he laughed and talked to me in a casual tone.
 
“It’s a good thing I finally got out of that stinking hospital, Hyuk. People there . I just can’t live my life without you.”
 
“Shut up, will you? You’re killing me.” I answered while keeping my posture straight. We were moving at an intense speed
and the farther we get, the higher my fears of us being dead.
 
“You know why I did this? Because I love you so much. Please Hyuk, let me be with you.”
 
He kept on talking nonsense things until I couldn’t make out what he’s saying. I stared at the nearing road approaching us. The intense feeling of dying tragically sank in my consciousness. At 200 kilometers per hour, there was a little chance of living. If I beg him to step on those damn brakes, would he do it?
 
But still, I tried. “Please stop here.”
 
My eyes popped open when he increased the speed. He was indeed crazy. I closed my eyes to block him out from talking. I felt he wasn’t looking at the road, only at me.
 
And when I opened them again, a dump truck came dashing along our way.
 
“No!” I screamed, but it’s too late. The collision hit us hard and us out.