IT developer

Virtual Promise

Luhan “a trophy can be exchange in money, equipments, clothes and different things you may go to the shop back in the city and choose whatever you want that coast as much as the trophy”

 

Sehun: the hell why so lucky Chanyeol

Chanyeol: beginners luck

 

Smiling while watching his customers playing, Luhan hear the doors got open, fast he cut the voice and take his headset off “hey Key what’s up!” He said looking at a co-worker coming in the room, but he get the vibe of something wrong when others followed him, and move to the sleeping Chanyeol and Sehun. 

 

Luhan, “what?” He asked standing and moving to Key “is something wrong?”

 

Key didn’t say much more then “the boss orders, you can come and ask yourself!”

 

Luhan just nodded and look at the now coming out of that room two chairs with two bodies on them, he followed his fellow workers all the way to the elevator then to an upper floor of the building, Luhan know what that floor has, it the director and those head of every section there.

 

He kept silence till they arrived, he went in a room with Key, while seeing the two bodies leaving in another direction but he need answers, so following them won’t give him anything, he enter a room to find some people sitting in the face of a big glass wall with smart equipments, he never reach this floor before his just a little IT developer. But this is look like the heart of the game for sure.

 

“Key!”

 

Luhan heard a man in his 40s calling, he look at him and he definitely know the face, the guy is the owner of this company, how much he is lucky to see him this close!!

 

Luhan bow in respect, but he also need to know what going on so he immediately asked “sir! Am sure I didn’t do anything wrong, to take away my customers from me! I can prove that I put the device correctly and I give them the instructions they need, I didn’t say anything out of the guid or..”

 

“What your name?” The man asked and Luhan answered immediately “Luhan sir!”

 

The man “this” he pointed to the glass wall “what you see now is the the real game” he move near and Luhan did the same to take a look on what there.

 

His eyes got wide open seeing so many rooms from above, each have 5 players already in game for sure, his eyes landed on the now moving familiar chairs of Sehun and Chanyeol to one of those rooms, “what...what exactly is this?” He asked in panic but he didn’t get the answer he needs

 

“You have two choices Luhan”

 

 

ㅁ>>>>_<<<<ㅁ

 

 

Luhan sits there in that new room, looking at the in game bodies in front of him!

 

“Hey Lu!” He saw Key came in and give him a bottle of water “you okay?”

 

Luhan take the bottle and drink it in one shot “Okay? Okay!!! you define okay! You know this is illegal Key right! I thought your my friend why you didn’t tell me!”

 

“Lu!” Key sits next to him “I didn’t know! But in some point I had no choice! just like you now! am sorry man!”

Luhan roll his eyes “then what if it take so long! What if their families came to ask! What if they die in the game”

 

Key, “no need to worry, they prepare for everyone the excuses they need to hear!”

 

Luhan jaw drop hearing that! he saw Key leaving the room with “go in whenever your ready!”

 

after a while of just spacing out, Luhan put his headset and look at the game, his players were already passing the first stage, he smiled seeing them trying hard since he know one is a beginner, “wait!? Is that a bot!” He look closely, turn to see just four players behind him, he take the 5D light keyboard and start pressing some buttons fast checking, and then he went online with 

 

“hey guys!”

 

 

Sehun : Luhan!

 

“Am sorry for the sudden disappear” he said playing with his mic.

 

Chanyeol : Luhan explain what the hell is going on outside!

D.O : why I can hear him?

Kai : me too!

 

Luhan huffs, guilt and sorrow eating his inside, but this is the only way, “you guys can hear me because all the four of you are connected to the device that am responsible on it now!”

 

D.O: what do you mean? 

 

 

>>>the game<<<

 

 

D.O look at Kai in confusion, “what that mean?” he take his eyes from Kai to Chanyeol “Am I connected to his device from my house?”

 

Luhan: no the four bodies of you guys are here behind me!

 

 

“WHAT!” D.O unconsciously screamed “HOW THE ?? I WAS IN MY OWN HOUSE!”

Kai, “hey chill!”

“CHILL? THAT KIDNAPPING!” D.O push Kai when the other try to calm him 

“D.O!!”

 

Luhan: guys believe me I had no idea this was going to happen, I will do my best to help you out” he stopped for a while and continue “to stay alive”

 

Sehun frown, “can you explain exactly what happening!”

 

Luhan : am sorry! I don’t know! They ask me whatever I play with the rules or i will be a lab test, so here I am

 

Sehun now was more anger, the frustration was hugging his whole body now, he wanted to say something but no words came out when the count down reach 00:00:00 and a voice like an ugly bells get heard in every corner of that city!

 

 

System : proceeding the execution 

 

 

They heard and a black whole opened in the middle of the sky where the numbers were having the count down and some creep creatures came out flying with black out fit and a faceless black face, holding a big sickles,

 

“What the hell!” Sehun said.

 

Luhan: (searching fast in the guid yo answer) Reapers, they came after the remain of 150 other players who didn’t have the stone.

 

Chanyeol look at the mage and the knight who look scared seeing two of those creatures coming to them “Luhan! Is there anyway to help? are they going to die for real?”

 

A faint ‘Am sorry’ heard from Luhan.

 

The five look at those reapers, how they slashed the three beside them, Chanyeol and Kai wanted to fight against them but they were like ghosts they hurt but they never get hurt, those sickles brutally were trying to cut them in peaces, Sehun turn around when he start to hear the screams of help, Chanyeol didn’t dare to look at the situation in front of them so he kept looking at the ground, and D.O did the same, Kai was looking silently at them and Baekhyun too.

 

 

In minutes the place was silent, the three were all gone disappeared from this virtual world, and probably the real world.

 

Luhan: (his voice was shaking) the players remain should have a rest for half an hour, if you need to buy anything for the next mission feel free to take a tour on the city and buy whatever you want with the price of the red stone. 

 

 

Hearing that shaky voice, Sehun move to Chanyeol whispering “his crying!” He take his friend arm, and Chanyeol look at him “Chanyeol! that mean it real, if we die here, we die in real”

 

 

Chanyeol take a look at the scared faces and the sadness in each one, except Baekhyun who was looking at him with a normal face, and when their eyes met, that made Chanyeol heart sink into sadness more and more. A bot doesn’t feel, doesn’t care. How much he could have no luck today!

 

“What should we do?” Kai asked “playing and risk our lives?”

Sehun, “what else we can do?”

“If we pass a mission” D.O said his face was having killers gaze “they kill the rest! No one can be saved!”

 

“we are all killers after all aren’t we?” Chanyeol said clinching his fist in anger, if they didn’t take the stone from them doesn’t mean that the three now would be alive! So they choose their selves to be alive in the exchange of others, how cruel can they be saying they won’t kill anyone but they are the reason for them to be killed! 

The words he said made them all quiet, closing his eyes he felt Sehun taking his arm off him, and moving away...how can this be normal, how can he kill to survive, his not like this, this is not him! 

 

But out of a sudden he felt a smack on his forehead, Chanyeol eyes got confused open and look at Baekhyun in front of him, the action made everyone look at him surprised, The four look at Baekhyun who was looking at them now.

 

“Your the knight, it not their fault”

 

Sehun roll his eyes, “what are you trying to say bot!” Baekhyun move his fingers playing with one earring feather, not answering the question.

“Really useless in conversations” Sehun huffs

 

But Chanyeol heart screamed inside, his right, the three are here because of him! He choose them  in his team, and he won’t be responsible of the death of anyone of them “guys! let win this game” Chanyeol said out of sudden “if I was the one who bring you to this, I will be the one to take you out of it” he said determinate “Sehun, let sell the lvl 20 book and buy something in your level, I will upgrade my weapon, and we need D.O armor more then anything so let focus on that”

 

The three look at each other surprised, are they going to continue?

 

Chanyeol look at Baekhyun “we will win, but we will not kill, if there is any death, let them do it on their own”

 

Kai nodded in understanding “it not our fault!”

“That what he ment!” D.O repeated

 

Sehun clap his hands “well then let play like our life depends on it” he said in sarcasm moving to some stores out of that alley to the street to check what they got.

 

 

Luhan smiled leaning on the new chair he have in that room, with the four sleeping bodies behind him, he promised himself to help as much as he can, also find a way to wake them up without anyone noticing. He look at the team of 5 he have “there is always a way” He look at their next mission that he should send to their list, “oh crap!”

 

 

———++++++————++++++————

 

 

Sorry for the late update :/