Leaving

Virtual Promise

Xuimin saw the car floating away now, the ones who jump on it now fall to the ground, the screams of anger start when the car did go to an unreachable level, they all turn to look at him now,

“YOU MADE US LOSE OUR EXTRA MEAL” one of them screamed and made everyone agree with him, “TRAITOR!!” he shouts start kicking Xuimin and the others start to do the same, he couldn’t defend himself so he just put his both arms on his head hiding on that floor maybe the hits will stop soon,

 

And after not more then two minutes it did, “BACK OFF!” he heard Baekhyun voice and felt someone touching him with “Hyung! you okay?” Xuimin look at Chen who have worried looks, not wanting to make him worried he nodded with a smile and look at Baekhyun,

 

Baekhyun made his way between the crowd to Xuimin immediately, what he saw is a broken floating patrol car leaving the place,

 

The guy who spoke before spoke again moving near Baekhyun face like his ready to fight “NO BAEKHYUN HE NEED TO HAVE A LESSON!”

“I SAID BACK OFF!” Baekhyun pushed the guy back hardly his eyes never left him, he know him as he know himself “I don’t want to fight you!”

The guy with frustration move again to Baekhyun and start hitting him with his finger on the shoulder saying “your vegetable friend made the patrol escape, YOU MY BROTHER HAVE NO RIGHT TO STOP US RIGHT?”

But the cheers didn’t heard this time from anyone around they just look at each other, like if they dare to speak Baekhyun will made them enemies for sure

 

“There were civilians in that patrol car!” Xuimin said “and they never fire on us”

Baekhyun look at Xuimin and how beat up he was, he felt anger he turn to look at the guy who think himself he can lead, “we don’t eat civilians brother do we?”

The guy smirk with a laugh “and when was the last time you eat anyone Baek! I said you become soft after meeting does vegetables boys”

“It none of your business what am doing!” Baekhyun said his gaze didn’t shake at all

The guy (who he called his brother) got frustrated and take Baekhyun from his collar “don’t look at me with those eyes! you know I can take them out”

Baekhyun do the up and down look while his lips with a smirk that triggers “why don’t you give it a try...!” He waited a part of second and continue with a teasing way “....Brother!”

 

The guy couldn’t take it anymore, he cursed and left Baekhyun from the grab he was giving him, nodding in anger “okay!” He said repeating “okay!” he look at the gaze on him from everyone and left the place pushing who ever in his way in anger, Baekhyun look at Chen with “let’s go!”

Chen nodded helping Xuimin up and dragging him to a safer place.

 

 

-——- meanwhile 

 

 

Floating with that car immediately when he have the Chance Kris didn’t look back at all.

 

Luhan who look down saw how much the guys start to hit the boy who help them thinking that they will kill him for sure! His eyes went to two figures coming running to the crowd, he immediately scream “B..B...BAEKHYUN!”

 

the words made everyone except Kris who was driving, and D.O who is shocked, hurrying to the windows, “where?” Chanyeol said looking at the place that start getting far and far, 

Luhan “there! the one making his way between the crowd!”

 

And yes Chanyeol eyes saw him, that little figure, he saw him, he was far to be clearly seen but the hair color the small face...”go back!”

Kris refuse “NO WAY!”

Chanyeol felt anger, “GO BACK!”

Kris said with frustration “IF WE GO WE DIE! I DON’T CARE ABOUT MY LIFE BUT NO WAY AM GOING TO RISK YOURS!”

Chanyeol was about to argue and even ask to stop and let him go down alone, but Sehun speaks “Chanyeol’aah! please!”

Chanyeol turn to look at Sehun who was trying to calm D.O, Sehun hands were all in scratche and blood, and D.O was definitely in a disaster situation shaking alone and talking none sense.

 

Chanyeol look down but the view was already gone, “let come back another time!” Luhan said putting his hand on Chanyeol shoulder “at least we know his alive!”

Chanyeol couldn’t say a word, he know it is risky, as much as he want to meet him, as much as he doesn’t want his friends to be in danger especially D.O who already did his best paying for him to come in.

 

“Am heading back up!” Kris said.

 

 

 

——— back to the bottom 

 

 

Chen was taking care of Xuimin wounds, his face didn’t turn normal he was concerned asking if anything hurt inside now and then, “Am fine Chen!” Xuimin sais and Chen didn’t do any reaction just look at him then back at his wounds.

 

Baekhyun was standing there leaning on the wall inside that house where Chen and Cuimin lives, a small clean room, with some good fourniture.

“Sorry Baekhyun” 

He heard Xuimin said to him so he just shrugs.

“Did u make trouble between you and your brother!”

Baekhyun shake his head “his the stone headed among all my brothers! I know him well, we will be fine when we meet again tonight!”

“You sure?” Xuimin asked again just to confirm 

Baekhyun nodded “yep! But don’t try to be a hero again Hyung! I can’t be in your side everytime” he said out of concern for Xuimin to mind his own business if anyone catch a prey,

Xuimin nodded “thanks Baekhyun!” He said but the regret of not telling Baekhyun who he tried to save was eating him, first, Baekhyun did have a hard time smiling after that game ended and both of them know why...second if Baekhyun know Chanyeol was here the guy could do anything to go top and that can get him killed...and the last thing and it maybe selfish is he know that in a way if he could meet him Chanyeol could take him from them...and he didn’t like that...he didn’t want the CBX get separated.

 

He felt bad...Xuimin really felt bad...but what he can do...the guy could never come back again after what he saw, so Baekhyun will be fine.

 

“Let leave this place”

 

The words heard from Chen made the two look at him both surprised but Baekhyun was more since he never heard of the idea before.

 

“Leave?” Baekhyun repeated

 

Chen stands looking at the two “I can’t keep living around! Hyung you could get killed today because of doing a good thing! Baekhyun I know you love your brothers they take care of you all those years but they are so so so wrong! and you know it! So I will be happy if you just come with us and leave this place for good” now tears start to roll down Chen cheek, “please!”

 

Xuimin didn’t say a word, maybe Chen was right maybe they need to leave this place and maybe life could be better for them? His chains of thoughts got stopped 

 

Baekhyun just move from the wall he was lean on to Chen wiping his tears “you look ugly when you cry” he said with a soft smile and look at Xuimin, “you can walk?”

 

Xuimin just nodded.

 

 

Baekhyun take the two all the way to where he usually have his secret hideout, near the beach where every car he learn from was getting thrown, the place was dark the sound of the sea couldn’t be heard at all, it was calm no waves nothing, like a big pool since there is no wind that can blow it from the sky, But they all know it dangerous, if you go deep you can never comeback, it scary how it silently sits there in the dark waiting...

 

“Why are we here?” Chen asked still following Baekhyun from behind between some scrapheap of the patrols broken cars, the two never reach inside since Baekhyun said it not aloud for any human being, and clearly they can’t even know the way back between this puzzle of metal left over, but all the way between that garbage they finally arrived to another side of the see that is blocked from both ways by car patrols, but the thing put on the dirty send in that beach space...

 

“What is this?” Xuimin and Chen both asked surprised at what Baekhyun was standing next to it now

“This!” Baekhyun said in excitement “is a boat”

The two still look at him standing there dumbfounded

Baekhyun roll his eyes “I build it in my free time  which I have a lot! for you guys!”

Now the two were shocked looking at Baekhyun “meaning?” Chen asked

Baekhyun climb in the called boat for him, “I mean! Since the virtual promise didn’t work, I need to give you another promise but this time a real promise of a better life! I start to build this before 3 months and the last car patrol had what I needed to finish it, because I know you two can’t keep living here...”

But before he could finish Chen yells in excitement “YOU MEAN YOU WERE THINKING OF LEAVING TOO?”

Baekhyun shake his head the smile didn’t left his face “it’s just you two”

The two faces become sadder “Baekhyun...” Xuimin called “we can’t leave without you!”

Baekhyun shake his head “of course you can!” He huffs “this is my home guys, I can’t leave my brothers and everyone around, also even if am with good terms with everyone including my brother, others won’t let you alone from now on for what you did”

Chen now was angry “BAEKHYUN THEY DIDN’T DESERVE YOU TO BE AROUND!”

Baekhyun jump out from the boat and move all the way to Xuimin taking his hand and putting a key in it. “I know you will make the best decision Hyung! you are the wiser always and forever” he look at Chen and hit his shoulder “don’t make your self a meal to the sharks!” with that he just left that place leaving the two looking at him

“Baekh...” Chen was about to go behind him, but he got stopped by Xuimin “Chen!”

Chen look unbelievably at him “as much as I love you Xuimin but I won’t leave without him”

 

Xuimin look at Chen “then you will never leave? are you willing to live here forever! Baekhyun build this for 3 months and still didn’t change his mind! How much time you think he thought of what behind the sea? But he still decide to stay here!”

“HYUNG!” Chen screamed feeling his heart start to hurt “AM NOT LEAVING THEN”

“AND WE WONT GET ANY PEACEFUL LIFE HERE EITHER! YOU SAW WHAT THEY DID TO ME WHEN I JUST WANT TO HELP INNOCENT PEOPLE!” Xuimin screamed and that made Chen shut his mouth, “listen Chen I care about you! And I want to see you happy and alive! I know Baekhyun can manage here, but you? Me? No way” 

Chen didn’t say a word and with that Xuimin get on that boat, it was really well made, Baekhyun was a fast learner for sure, he did become a tech and build this? still he never show it before, always asking him to do stuff for him if it related to machines to not make him feel useless, He saw Chen coming up too, sits in a corner of that boat not caring of looking left or right. He just put his arms on his knees and put his face on them...crying his heart out because he know he have no choice, either leave with his love or stay with his best friend.

 

Xuimin put the key in it and went down to push it to the water, Baekhyun already made a road on that dirty send and he needed just to take off what hold the boat from the front, Baekhyun did think of it to make it easy for them, and taking it off the boat immediately start to move to the water direction, Xuimin was fast to jump in and the boat sail on that black water...

 

 

 

On that huge broken cars Baekhyun was sitting there seeing his boat working...seeing his friends leaving...the only good friends he had in his life and he will never forget about them he stands when they disappeared into that darkness far away...sur ethat they are gone now...he wave on the air to them...screaming....

 

“LET MEET IN ANOTHER BETTER LIFE”