CBX

Virtual Promise

———— 3 months earlier 

 

 

“Ignore the brain”

 

The two look at Baekhyun who was opening his eyes in realization, while looking at his reflection in the mirror, he turn to look at Chen “the zombie wave!”

Chen shrugs “our very first zombie idea!...what about it?...that was a joke! oh wait...” he put the brown drink on the table “if the brain practically stop sending a message to the body”

Baekhyun nodded, “ignore the brain and send the message to the body!”

Chen, “we can send it?”

Baekhyun nodded “I guess!”

“But what if they have a back up plan and they made the body read the dead brain again somehow!” Chen huffs thinking it’s could be a dead end

But Baekhyun smiled, “nothing could back up if there is no power right?”

Chen clap with excitement “the power source! If we put the virus and did it job, before they could find an antivirus we shut down the power for them to not back fire on us!”

Baekhyun nodded.

 

Xuimin roll his eyes “I hate when you two just talk none sense! No wonder am just a machine tech!”

Chen “I think we can do a mess!”

Baekhyun, “but that can take a bad turn!

Chen take out a scared laughter “aha ha ha ! z..zom...bie?” he stopped “Damn I sounded like D.O!”

 

Xuimin “guys! There is nothing like Zombie in real, what are you talking about???”

 

Baekhyun throw the tissue in his hand with blood on the ground, it’s not like it clean anyway, he move to a closed laptop, an old laptop “Hyung! connect this one to our Bottom electric distribution lines” Xuimin nodded moving to that disaster he make at the first time.

 

Chen, “Baekhyun? How can you send it if your not connected to the game base line?”

Baekhyun smirk “Just find the zombie wave Chen”

Chen nodded start doing a mess everywhere searching “where I put it! Where where where...”

 

After a few seconds, Chen came with one “is it this one right??”

Baekhyun look at the USB and nodded taking it and put it in that laptop, with his phone, Chen look at what he was doing and smirk, “did you keep that?”

 

Baekhyun nodded “I made myself useful after the shut down of the 5 hours and gather the information of each one”

Chen laughed “or you were just curious about one”

Baekhyun rol his eyes 

Chen laughed, “still glad I wake you up then” 

Xuimin did his job asking “is it connected?”

 

Baekhyun nodded putting the Phone between his shoulder and ear, his fingers didn’t stop typing commands on that laptop. 

 

“I will do it!” Chen take the phone and Baekhyun just nodded 

 

“LEAVE ME ALONE!” 

 

Chen heard the first thing coming from the other line, but he didn’t care “Luhan plug in your phone with the game device if you want your friends awake”

 

“w..who..”

 

He heard him asking but Chen just shouts “GOD DAMN IT YOU HAVE NO TIME”

 

some scrambling voice heard, and then “it on”

 

Chen, “it on”

 

Baekhyun smirk clicking on the enter button “don’t fail us please”

The two left in the room now were looking at Chen, waiting...

 

“What do you see?” Chen asked but before he hear anything the connection lost “DAMN IT!...we lost it”

Baekhyun huffs in defeat “guess we will never know!” He said closing the laptop. with a sad heart asking if he is dead or alive...but no he will never know...and his heart will have an open scar because of that talk guy, because of that kiss, because he loved him back...

 

 

 

———— 3 months later 

 

 

 

The place is dark, it always dark, in the day in the night, no difference anyway, just for those little part that sometime and rarely the sun reach it, the tall buildings and the city up there make it impossible to see the blue sky.

That why he was looking up to the blue sky when they first met 

the electric lights supposed to be on, but in a rainy day they usually go off, he hate the rain, because the smell becomes strong, 

What smell?

the smell of every dirt happened around, if winter came the police night patrols become more aggressive, well they have all the right, because as it said before, the smell becomes strong, here at the bottom, people who didn’t reach civilization as they said, at some point in their live they were, but the circumstances didn’t let them keep that attitude, hunger for the food, the few loads they have, deaths because of the disease that no one care to treat, made them with one choice, who ever come bot they will eat it...dead or alive.

 

 

 

Baekhyun was counting some numbers and looking at the light coming and going in two floor in top of him, he was down there hiding waiting in a corner at the dark, he look at his far side and saw Xuimin giving him the sign, he nodded and run as fast and quiet as he can to where the light just gone on top, he reach the place and hid behind a broken wall again, hearing a voice of a car passing again with those lights, a police patrol car, taking a knife from his back that was secured in his back belt, he start to count again and with him stop counting the lights left his area.

 

That was his sign to run from that broken wall and Jump on that car, digging his knife in it, and fall all the way down to the ground, but without a second he stand and start running, that definitely make the car whistle start and it turn to Baekhyun direction chasing him with random bullets on his direction.

 

He run as fast as he can between those not even could be called streets and buildings, he passed by Chen who was in one of those buildings, the car was still firing on him, but the moment it reach where Chen, Chen click on a button on his hands and activate some devices he already set on that specific area, the knife on the car open a red light and immediately the car stoped working and fall hardly on the ground,

 

Baekhyun stopped running, taking his breath and turn to look at the car on the ground, the police inside of it couldn’t make it work again, and Baekhyun smiled seeing that it working, 

 

Having no other choice then step out of the car with their guns, the guards look at Baekhyun, the one who were chasing, Baekhyun catching his breath he said loud, “don’t bother!”

 

And that was when a lot of people came out screaming and throwing rocks on the guards, like animals playing with their prey, Baekhyun move to where Chen was, “hey!” He take a seat on something that was old there, maybe a table maybe a car! It could be a fridge, who knows now since it all rotten and unidentified, “it did work!” He smirk 

 Chen nodded looking at their friends start to kill those patrols, Xuimin came “I see dinner is ready!”

Baekhyun nodded and stands walking to where the police were now a dead bodies, he passed all those and went inside the car, 

“Yo! Baekhyun want some to cook!”

He heard one asking him, But Baekhyun shrugs “Naah bro! you can have them all! Don’t forget to take some to granny Shia and her little children they are starving”

“I know! I cook it for them and I won’t tell them it human don’t worry!”

 

Baekhyun nodded with a smile, he look at the car, and find what he want since the beginning, he take the plastic bag and move out back where Chen and Xuimin were “let see what store today!”

 

The three make them self comfortable on the ground and open the plastic bag to see some real food from a place named ‘Xiafood’

“The dead guys didn’t touch it yet! WE ARE SO LUCKY!” Chen said start to cut everything in on three.

Xuimin giggles, “Well let have this as a reward for our device to finally work”

Chen agree, “yeah but we need a new way! Baekhyun can’t risk it like that again”

Baekhyun shrugs, “Am fine with it!”

Xuimin nodded “I will create something for sure! I just need to see if your idea will work”

 

the three were talking about different things now, enjoying their meal.

 

Yes things like that at the bottom was normal, if they didn’t do that they will starve, or they will get killed, like those police didn’t hesitate on shooting him, they are too stop hesitating killing them, the one who start is the cause, and the police start when they come to evacuate the bottom once for all when they were too young, Chen and Baekhyun lost their families at the evacuation, and Xuimin father took Chen in, he was a man of knowledge who thought them what right is right and what wrong is wrong, they learn from him everything they have now, till he died with an unknown disease, after that the two struggled in living because everyone was savage, laughing at their believes. 

And that when they met Baekhyun, he have been raised with those savages moves like an assassin, killing like a cold blood murderer, he met the two and strangely they became friends, Chen was surprised how Baekhyun wasn’t ignorant at all, but the way he learn was different, whatever they kill a patrol they throw the cars in the sea, and that where Baekhyun was having his own time finding foods, radio, phone, news, things that he learn from. 

 

the three start to see the top as a dream, whatever they reach it or not, so they decide that they need something to get the attentions of the toppers, they tried things as going top, or going online but nothing work since all needs a confirmed ID.

 

Their last idea was a game, a game that they can make people from top live what they live each day bottom, a condition to survive, kill or be killed, making people believe that bottom have no choice, and they invented the first copy of Virtual Promise with all the rules and missions but with one class assassin just for the test, it’s a game that control your brain, to see things, to feel things, it was ready and they just need someone to make it top for them and make it more developed because the lack of things in their hands, that one was none then Kris, a night patrol that was unlucky or maybe lucky to come and have his shift on the sea side, where Baekhyun usually hanging.

Letting him live he gave Kris the game data, and Kris promised to make it top for him, and sure he did, but no one ever came down, after few months, they heard of the new virtual game and the big prize, but the three didn’t let it go slide like that, they decide to go in online to even make it or break it, and in a way they could, and everything start from that moment...