Epilogue - Family

Virtual Promise

“What your job again?”

“Am a freelancer” Baekhyun replied

“So you just work from home?”

Baekhyun nodded

“And what your parents do?”

“Both dead” Baekhyun replied

“I see I see!”

“But I have a brother his in school right now” Baekhyun smiled awkwardly 

“He lives here with you two?”

Baekhyun nodded again

 

this is awkward! Being questioned like this is so awkward! What if he say something wrong? What if Chanyeol didn’t like this!

 

it been a year now since he come top! His life is stable, he makes a lot of money to be honest, so they move to a bigger house for Taeyong to live with him, and Chanyeol didn’t refuse that, he manage to get him in school paying for it...yes everything is smooth with money top. 

 

Chanyeol graduated this year and start to work in a company, it is his 2nd week working, so his not here at the moment where those two came asking about Chanyeol house and Baekhyun recognize them from a picture Chanyeol have when they were moving.

 

Who are they? She is his mother! And she is asking questions since she came in with her husband, Chanyeol stepfather,

 

she made herself comfortable as she knew the house, she gave him the hatred look since the first second, but she kept her cool since he husband was there probably, in fact she didn’t like him at all. And Baekhyun know when people doesn’t like him for sure.

 

Baekhyun heard the door bells again, he wanted to excuse himself to open the door but saw Chanyeol mother standing and went opening the door like it her house, well he doesn’t mind that she act like her house but he know the woman didn’t even ask about Chanyeol the whole time he lived here!

 

“Welcome!” She said start to argue immediately with the man that Baekhyun also recognizes from a picture “you knew about this? this is insane! He change the house and no one tells me!”

the man came in with another woman and a two boys, a baby and a grown one.

 

“No one told me anything!” The man said “I got the address IP from your call, and damn it we were going in a family trip!”

 

The woman with the man move inside to Baekhyun “cuty!” She said with a very feminine and thin voice, she was prettier indeed but not younger for sure, “where is the bathroom!”

 

Baekhyun take out the best smile he can have and pointed to a door “over there”

The woman just gave the baby to Baekhyun “hold him please!” 

Baekhyun awkwardly take the baby and look at her moving fast to the bathroom, he look down to the baby and saw him sleeping peacefully.

 

his intentions went to the step father who was looking at his phone not caring of his wife voice coming out, the bigger boy who is probably in Taeyong age move and sit next to him with “hi uncle” the man finally spoke and smile since he came in, asking the boy how is he!

 

Baekhyun eyes went to the door where Chanyeol parents were still arguing about who cares about Chanyeol more, and who know what he is doing more.

 

Not knowing what to do Baekhyun was speechless...was shocked...if Chanyeol parents are like this sure he know now why he never mentioned them, he was just standing there tell the father look at him

“Are you living with him?”

 

But before Baekhyun even nodding

 

The mother was fast to reply “not just living they are in a relationship!”

The father look at the mother then back to Baekhyun “married?”

 

“No sir!” Baekhyun finally find the time to reply 

The father smiled a soft one and Baekhyun at least felt at ease after that smile he gave him he look at the mother with “see Chanyeol didn’t married yet am sure he will tell us if it that serious! Probably it’s just a passing faze  he will find a fine girl to marry her for sure!”

 

Baekhyun felt betrayal thinking that the soft smile wasn’t for him, it wasn’t for sure, it for the idea of ‘happy they aren’t married yet!’

 

The step mother come out from the bathroom and went to Baekhyun taking the baby “thank you!” She wink and give him a kiss on the cheek

Baekhyun was more speechless.

“Mom!” The boy sitting in the couch said rolling his eyes

“What baby! His my fourth son now! Chanyeol husband is your brother for sure!” The thin voice was acting cute now, she went and shake hands with Chanyeol step father “it’s been a while doctor” she wink sitting too

 

Baekhyun felt the place is much crowded then he can contain, he just move to the kitchen and close the door sitting there, probably no one of those outside care where he went because he still keep hearing noises, he want to scream on them all telling them to shut up and yells how the hell now they care! but they are Chanyeol parents and he can’t do that, and showing respect is the hardest thing he find can do in this top side!

 

***

 

Arguing outside the two parents saw the door gets opened and their son came in, he look at them with a frozen expression “mom! Dad!”

Chanyeol sais confused what the two is doing here!

 

The two look daggers at him and the mom voice was first to be heard “WHEN YOU SIR WAS GOING TO TELL US ABOUT THIS!” 

Chanyeol close the door and reply “happy to see you two mother!”

 

The father look at her “why won’t you calm down woman!” He says and look at Chanyeol “son! we were worried! your mother went to your house and they said you move out a year ago”

 

Chanyeol nodded “yeah! it’s my life dad I can do what I want!” He look around and called “Baek?”

“His in there!” The step mother stands still holding the baby! and move to Chanyeol giving him a kiss on the cheek “you grow taller!” she look at her baby “see your brother! you need to grow up like him”

Chanyeol look at the little one and smiled playing with his fingers in his little hands “Thanks for the picture you sent me” Chanyeol said to the stepmother 

 

“How are you Chanyeol?” The step father said

 

Chanyeol hate him “Fine you!”

“Good!” The other reply

Chanyeol look at who was sitting next, it his stepmother son “Jaehyun! you good!”

 

The other didn’t even reply he just nodded with a grimace, Chanyeol just shrugs the idea because that one is an arrogant human creature. 

 

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol called louder this time and saw the little figure coming out of the kitchen with a smile and a plate of juice “Hey welcome home” acting like those didn’t just bother him.

 

“Oh thank youuu cuty!” The step mother move to the table waiting her cup for sure, Baekhyun serves her first for sure and the two sitting he put the plate on the table and went to Chanyeol side with a smile

 

Chanyeol put his arm on Baekhyun with “well since you two here! Probably you already passed the introduction! Mom dad I will marry Baekhyun soon! I was going to last year but he insisted on me to finish studying and have a job first!”

 

the two parents look at Chanyeol with a lifted eye brow

 

“you know his a boy right!”

 

Chanyeol heard the words coming from Jaehyun in sarcasm, he look at him wanting to smash him for sure, but he just shake it, because his parents know what he likes since the beginning, they just didn’t want to act like they know since forever. “You should stay shut when the oldest talk!” Chanyeol said sharply

 

Jaehyun stands in anger “what did you said?”

 

“Chanyeol!” His father called sharply “is this how you treat your little brother!”

 

Chanyeol roll his eyes “maybe you should teach him respect first!”

“The boy didn’t say something wrong!” his step father talks now, yes he prefers Jaehyun for sure

“Keep out of it well you!” Chanyeol replied getting angry and Baekhyun did notice that, he just start rubbing Chanyeol back since he was holding him trying to tell him to keep it calm

 

His mother was the one shouting now “HOW DARE YOU!”

“It’s okay honey!” The step father said “I know his angry! I can see it”

Chanyeol roll his eyes knowing the man is a doctor but specifically a psychologist!

“Jaehyun baby!” His step mother said “you don’t know what love can do! it his choice! I totally support! I mean look at me I loved the man to the point I take him from his wife!”

 

The woman said that like it was nothing and that made Baekhyun smile,

The mother gets frustrated “why are you laughing!”

Baekhyun take his smiling face off immediately with “nothing!”

“Now you siding with her!” The mother said looking at Chanyeol in betrayal “AM HIS MOTHER!”

 

Chanyeol had enough now he screamed “ALL OF YOU EITHER YOU ACCEPT IT OR NOT I WILL MARRY HIM AND THAT FINAL YOU WILL SUPPORT ME WELCOME IF NOT LEAVE NOW” 

 

hearing the words his parents didn’t say a word, Jaehyun start to move but with one step he made the stepmother spoke ordering with her finger pointing “Em em! sit!”

 

Jaehyun roll his eyes sitting back

 

Chanyeol saw the silent “good! Now why don’t we all have lunch together!”

 

His father look at his mother “we were on family trip anyway! Nothing better then all of it!” He said and move in “nice house” he start to take around looking at it

 

The mother was still looking daggers at the two she just move and sits next her husband drinking some of the juice Baekhyun brings.

 

Chanyeol take Baekhyun to the kitchen and close the door behind him, “Am really really sorry!”

Baekhyun shrugs “it’s okay!” He move to the fridge and start taking out some food “it nice to have your family around Chanyeol even if it like this!”

 

Chanyeol move and hugs him from behind “I know you would say something like that!”

Baekhyun smiled looking up and give him a kiss on his jaw line “let me prepare some food can you go and pick up Taeyong for me!”

 

Chanyeol nodded “sure!” He know Baekhyun still doesn’t like a bottom going all the way alone here! or maybe his just overprotective.

 

Chanyeol kisses him with “I will be back soon!”

And Baekhyun just nodded

 

He went out and was about to take his keys to leave “where are you going!” his step mother said

“I need to pick Baekhyun brother from the school!” Chanyeol reply

“Baby Chanyeol! We just came here! Jaehyun go bring him be a good little brother!”

Jaehyun look at his mother “what? Hell no!” She look daggers at him and repeated “go”

Jaehyun roll his eyes and stands “what school?”

Chanyeol give him his car keys “KRS! Take my car!”

“KRS?” Jaehyun repeated knowing that the most rich school in the area 

Chanyeol nodded “just stop there he always come and gets in!”

Jaehyun nodded and left the house

 

“Son is...what his name again?” his father whisper the last words to his wife

“Baekhyun”

“Is Baekhyun rich?”

 

Chanyeol shrugs “he make money from his job, he rent this place, but now I work I will manage too for sure!”

 

The two nodded and Chanyeol went again to the kitchen holding Baekhyun from behind seeing him cutting some vegetables.

“You didn’t go?” Baekhyun asked

“Jaehyun went!” Chanyeol replied “let me help in cutting I don’t want you to hurt yourself just do something else!”

Baekhyun giggles “But you know how good at knifes I am!”

Chanyeol nodded “yes I know I know!” Even with that he take the knife “and I don’t care!”

Baekhyun smiled moving to do other stuff “so how was your day?”

Chanyeol pouted “lonely! I missed you” he put whatever in his hands and go back hugging him again

“Stoooop!” Baekhyun whined “also...” he moves back to the knifes “you should go sit with them why they sent your step brother just to have time with you”

Chanyeol nodded “hope Taeyong kill him on the way here, still let me have this for a moment” he said closing his eyes and tightened the hug but he heard a scream

 

“Honey! Do you have milk?”

 

Chanyeol open his eyes and scream “OKAY!” He huffs “just today just today!” He went to the fridge and take the milk out

Baekhyun roll his eyes “not directly from the fridge!” He take the milk “you go first I will bring it!”

Chanyeol nodded moving out to his parents a fake smile in his face, but what he can do?

 

 

 

—————- KRS

 

 

Jaehyun went next to the school he was amazed how the car Chanyeol have is fancy! Well they aren’t poor! But they aren’t this rich for sure! The big kid did have a bright future for sure, he roll his eyes thinking about it, he have the looks too! but he still studying too, he need to have good marks from now on to not be inferior from Chanyeol for sure!

 

He saw the rich kids coming out from that school, yes no one can manage to enter if your not having a fortune to put first

 

He felt the back door of the car gets opened “the science project was a success”

 

He heard and saw some stuff getting put inside from someone 

“Hyung! I think I will be a scientist for sure the project I made get a success and the teacher asked me to do a proper example...” the door got closed and the front one next to him got opened “...to give it to the profe.” Taeyong stopped looking at the guy behind the wheel “Oh crap am so so so so sorry! I mistake the car!” He said running out immediately 

 

Jaehyun froze looking at the big colorful laboratory glasses in front of him “what a nerd!” he said in anger “no! Wait!”

 

But Taeyong didn’t stop taking his stuff from the back of the car, Jaehyun rolls his eyes and went out of the car slamming the door and turn to the other side “I SAID WAIT!” he saw the big lab glasses looking at him now “he have this disgusting grimace “Chanyeol sent me!”

Taeyong just look at him

“Am his step brother!” Jaehyun explains trying not to look at the creepy glasses.

“Chanyeol Hyung! have brother!” He said shocked but a “wohoo!” And suddenly hugs him with joy! “Nice to meet you! Am Taeyong!”

 

Jaehyun pushes him and look at his clothes if they got dirty because this science nerd sure was having some science sh** “Just go in and mind if you take does nerds glasses!” He said moving to the driver seat again

 

Taeyong touched his face “oh! I was so excited I forgot!” He said to himself taking the glasses off and the white clothes throw them back looking at the mirror and arranging his hair, smiling and winking to himself then go in in the front “so what was you name?” he said looking at Jaehyun “you look younger them me!”

 

Jaehyun didn’t bother to look he just start to drive “none of your business am here just because of my mother”

 

Taeyong raise an eyebrow at the attitude “mother!”

Jaehyun “shut up nerd and let me drive”

Taeyong shake his head “no wonder Chanyeol never mentioned you!”

 

And that when Jaehyun hit the breakers and turn to look at him “what did...” but what he saw isn’t the big glasses no but a faultless face.

Taeyong look at him, the gaze he gave was a frustrated one “you start it!”

 

Jaehyun just look infront of him and drive again...

 

 

 

———— the house

 

 

Putting dishes on the table Baekhyun heard the bells and he went to open fast “Hyung!” 

Baekhyun smiled “welcome!” He look at the angry Jaehyun who came in passing by them “guess that doesn’t went well!”

Taeyong shrugs and whispered “no but he keep staring at me”

 

“Lunch ready wash your hands” Baekhyun smiled and Taeyong nodded going in and say hi to everyone.

“In the name of the god! That is a perfect piece over there!” The step mother said looking at her son “Jaehyun you should become friends!”

Jaehyun roll his eyes but Taeyong smirked thinking oh this is the mother “we already are right JaeJae!” Yes no one tells him to shut up or need! no one! and he have all the lunch to teas this guy 

 

Chanyeol sits next Baekhyun “tell me this is not happening”

Baekhyun laughed without no one noticing 

 

 

The lunch went as safe as it could be the stairs from the younger brothers of the two didn’t stop like they have a mental fight, the step mothers were talking about how food made and trying to see who’s the best, and the fathers were talking about business, and Chanyeol was trying to eat while holding Baekhyun hand under the table.

 

 

——— after lunch 

 

 

The mother and the step father were the first to leave, Chanyeol promised to call for the wedding date, and that made her a little happy! 

The father and the step mother were leaving too, she gave the two a hug “I love you both I will pass by sometimes” she winked and left the father say a good bye and Jaehyun who was holding the baby was just leaving without a word

“You will be an amazing wife! Let meet soon!” Taeyong said waving teasingly 

And Jayhyun look at him with anger “f*** you”

Taeyong smirk “okay! Anytime you want!”

 

And that made Chanyeol and Baekhyun laugh hardly on that 

 

they saw him leaving last in anger steps, and finally close the door, Chanyeol look at the two “Am really really sorry!”

 

Baekhyun smiled “no need yeol! It was fun to meet them”

Taeyong nodded “yes Hyung your family is so good! I like Jaehyun already” he laughed and left to his room with “I will let you two”

 

Chanyeol smiled taking Baekhyun in his embrace “finally alone!”

Baekhyun nodded “ya and the dishes!”

Chanyeol roll his eyes he bend down and lift Baekhyun bridal style “can’t we tell Taeyong to do it!”

Baekhyun hits Chanyeol playfully to put him down “he did last night! Put me down”

Chanyeol huffs and put him down “you know what?”

Baekhyun look at him “what?”

“Let get married next week! Am working now!” Chanyeol said

Baekhyun smiled “why so quick!”

Chanyeol put his arms around Baekhyun “to make you officially mine! to take you out with me everywhere in this world”

Baekhyun look down the smile change to a sad one “am sorry I make you wait”

Chanyeol turn Baekhyun fast and make their lips touch in a kiss, and when he finish he said again “let get married tomorrow”

Baekhyun giggles “next week is fine!”

 

Chanyeol felt happy he lift him up and turn with “FINALLY!” and put him back kissing him everywhere he can reach....

 

Baekhyun felt happy...yes he do...for all those years he lived bot he wanted something like this, a safe arms he can feel it warmth and Chanyeol is the perfect match for him for sure,

 

Knock knock 

 

the two stopped looking at Taeyong room, and him who just came out of the room, he always knock from the inside to inform them his coming out

Chanyeol look at him “something wrong?”

Taeyong gave a device to the two, “when we were leaving I packed those too!”

 

Baekhyun take it from him “I told you to get rid of everything have relation with bottom Taeyong!” But Baekhyun open the device and saw a message 

“I did I just couldn’t I wanted one thing!” Taeyong start to convince “but it just beeped and I saw them there”

“Wait!” Baekhyun open the message and Chen and Xuimin appears on the screen “OH MY GOD!” Baekhyun yells in shocked and surprise and happiness and everything mixed “ITS CHEN AND XUIMIN!”

Chanyeol know the names since Baekhyun did talk to them “em!” He saw Xuimin “he is the guy who saved us!”

 

Baekhyun look at him then back to the device

 

 

Chen : BAEKHYUN! hope you still alive! we are fine! I don’t know if this well reach you it’s been a year, but we were living low”

Xuimin: message us back here if you got this! Please if you still there we just heard what happened to the bottom and if you survived please let us know!

 

the two have the sad expression in that video message

“They think your dead!” Chanyeol said and saw Baekhyun crying in happiness, he hugs him tightly “it’s okay! They are fine! it’s okay!” He start to calm the little one in his arms.

 

Taeyong smiled looking at the two his tears start to fall for no reason just by looking at Baekhyun crying 

 

“it is a family day for sure”

 

 

 

 

———-+++++———-

 

 

Sorry guys If this didn’t what you expected but I was out of ideas ^^ thanks for all the support hope u enjoyed it 

 

Thank youuuuuuuuu

 

Naya~~~out!