Island

Virtual Promise

Chanyeol look at his surroundings, it’s a 4v1 ! On his left, two boys stands, one is the winner of the last mission that tank so for sure his the one who control the armor, if Sehun didn’t left him to go to D.O he could have stun him for sure before he can rise his armor again. 

next to him was a mage the stick in his hands saying it all and was ready for any action, on his right side there was a gloomy boy who had a dead eyes look, he was holding nothing just standing there, and in front of him was the guy who outsmart him with the bow.

 

“No knight?” Chanyeol said loud unconsciously 

 

Kris laughed, “that idiot died in the first mission, but don’t worry we can kill you in second don’t underestimate the hunter class” he said aiming his bow and the arrow show up out of nothing 

 

Luhan : WATCH OUT (he scream because he already saw what that arrow can do)

 

Chanyeol Charge his sword that start glow in red putting it in an attacking mode he was about to dash toward the man with the bow but he couldn’t move. “Damn it”

 

“Not in my watch” the boy with the stick said

 

Kris laughed “Lay let him have a shot”

 

 

Lay,”and risk you being killed yeah right!”

 

“Chanyeol!” Kai screams not stopping form shooting that armor till his mana was out and his gun couldn’t make any other shots

 

Sehun and D.O came next to him “Chanyeol” Sehun felt the guilt of leaving his friend immediately, he told him to never leave his side but he was an idiot to not listen, he tried to use his spells but it didn’t pass that armor, probably they use the trophy on the tank!

 

Kris look at the 3 standing “well you guys come to see your knight death? Don’t worry you guys are next!”

 

Not able to do anything Chanyeol screamed “GUYS LEAVE!” the words been told made the three shocked, even Luhan gasp putting his hands on his mouth when he saw the green arrow thrown to Chanyeol and hit him directly to his heart making their knight scream like he was getting hurt for real, and maybe it was because even his body behind Luhan flinched  a little in it place

 

Luhan: oh my god Chanyeol!

 

He saw his health that drop insanely from 100% to 3%

 

Chanyeol felt pain, so much pain, his breath become slower like he was about to die! this game is really make the brain think they are dead, that why it will stop working and their body in real dies too for sure.

 

Kris look with a confusing look to the guy who was standing without any weapons “why everyone lately need two shots from me?”

 

The guys with the dead looks shrugs “not everyone 3% is like one shot! The last one kept his half health!”

 

Kris nodded, “true!” But in a sudden he raise an eyebrow looking at Chanyeol “wait! aren’t they the same guys who were with him?”

 

Lay,”oh yes!”

 

Kris move his bow immediately down and ask in anger “where is that Baekhyun?”

 

The question make the four surprised except for Luhan who was present when they met.

 

Chanyeol look hardly at the guy “what the f*** is your business with him” 

 

Kris move to Chanyeol grabbing him from his collar anger all in his face “did you bloody idiots let him get in the door 1? Did he died?” 

 

Chanyeol smirk, even if he feels like his soul getting snatched from his body, he doesn’t like how this guy, suddenly get concerned about his love interest! Maybe they met before he invited him to his group, but still he didn’t like it “what do you think?”

 

“No way!” Kris said a shock was on his whole face, he look at his tank “Suho did you killed him?”

 

Suho shake his head a no “Am sure I would remember his face” he stopped and an “oh!” Heard from him “Kris he was the second winner, he disappears remember?”

 

Kris look at Chanyeol “was he? Where is he I need to talk to him”

 

Chanyeol stayed silent 

 

“YOU MO*******R ANSWER WHEN I ASK! YOUR NOT IN A GOOD POSITION TO GET ON MY NERVE!” Kris screamed 

 

“Yes he was the second winner and we don’t know where is he, he just disappeared” D.O said from the other ship

 

Kris look at D.O “what the hell is that means?”

 

Kai, “as you heard”

 

Chanyeol who couldn’t turn to look at his friends, hearing them he said again “why you didn’t leave yet idiots!”

 

The three hesitate in responding

 

“Kris!” Lay asked “shouldn’t you finish him we don’t have the whole day?”

 

Kris grimace was shown on his face, he take a breath out, and move away 5 steps from  Chanyeol and take his bow and the arrow show up again “damn you Baekhyun” he said and let the arrow flee form his fingers to Chanyeol to finish him off.

 

“CHANYEOL”x4

 

The four scream the name of their knight, who this time didn’t scream at all, no he was looking at that arrow stopping in front of his eyes.

 

Luhan (scream) : I HATE WHEN HE DO THAT 

 

“Why!” Chanyeol surprise face didn’t understand a thing, but Kris gaze wasn’t as pleasant 

 

Kris,”a life for a life, he let Suho alive back then, I don’t want to owe him anything anymore! leave my ship and don’t even think about coming after us again” with that Kris turn and Chanyeol felt the stun isn’t on anymore, he immediately fall on the ground.

 

Suho, who take the armor off “take your knight” 

 

Kai didn’t wait a second he jump to Chanyeol helping him and bring him back to their ship, Sehun immediately start to heal him with “Am sorry! I should have stayed with you”

But Chanyeol just shrugs “not your fault Sehun’aah! I should’ve go in alone too”

 

D.O who was looking at that Kris ship leaving he asked “Luhan! How he recognize us? I don’t remember meeting them”

 

Luhan : ha! Ha! (Awkward laugh) at the dream mission, when you guys were all hallucinating Chanyeol went to save you, and a special mission came out, kill a group to skip missions, and that how they met Baekhyun and you guys

 

Sehun, “wait what?”

 

Luhan : yep! Kris know Baekhyun from the early game I guess (he lied), so he let you guys live

Kai take out a laugh “ahaha is this the second time?”

Luhan : yep

 

 

System : congratulations for the winners

 

 

“What?” The four were surprised, D.O said in panic “did we lose! But the timer! We still have 20 minutes?”

 

Luhan : wait what? SERIOUSLY!! Guys! listen, the mission details are clear now the ships were the treasure for any pirates keep the ship you keep your treasure, the amount of ships that still stands is 30, the number they declare, so they automatically count the mission as finished!

 

“Is this a joke!” Chanyeol said standing, he felt better now, no pain anymore but the experience was hell for sure.

 

 

Luhan : no it not, I think everyone thought the same as we do that the treasure will be with others and fight each other! Still glad we passed! We were so lucky! 

 

Chanyeol nodded, his face didn’t smile at all, he was like an unemotional person, he look at his item list “what the next mission?”

 

Luhan: they show the new mission coordination, you should sail to the position.

 

 

With that the four dI’d as they told, the way was silence, Chanyeol was trying to make him self busy behind that driving wheel, Sehun who was reading his spells to be better, because he know that because of him they almost lost one.

 

Kai was loosing his thoughts at the blue sea when D.O approach him “what are you thinking about?”

 

Kai look at D.O, he shrugs “just our situation”

D.O, “scared?”

But the question gain a shake of ‘no’ from Kai “am not scared of dying!”

D.O smiled “maybe that why your in the military”

Kai laughed “no! My parents want that! It not like I don’t like it! I do! But a soldier life won’t be easy!”

“True” D.O reply with a sad face “my parents never ask me to be something! or to do something! they were over protective to the point I start getting scared from the outside world” he smiled “but I love them! They know am their weak point since am the only heir for their fortune”

 

Kai eyes got wide open “what your name again?”

 

“Do Kyungsoo”

 

And saying the name Kai eyes got wide open “wait the ‘Do’ as those who live at the top of the city!”

D.O nodded “yep!”

A laugh came out from Kai and an immediate bow “Hyung-nim”

D.O laughed with “stop! Will ya!” 

Kai, “yes Hyung-nim”

D.O “KAI!” He shout in anger

“Kim Jongin” Kai smiled with a wink “my real name”

D.O smiled shyly because of that wink, he felt his cheek became red so he automatically look at the other side

 

“Are you blushing?” Kai said with a teasing laugh “look at me!”

“Shut up!”

“Just because of a wink what about a kiss?”

“Go away!”

“Your blushing more and more! you look cuuute! Let me see”

“Go away!”

 

Chanyeol look at the two who definitely playing with each other in a lovey dovey way, he can’t say that he didn’t feel jealous! Not because he like one of them no, because of his luck. He close his eyes maybe his heart won’t feel more pain. and open them with an empty expression...he know after this, if he manage to be alive he will be alone again, he will hate the summer again, he will think about him every second for sure.

 

 

“Chanyeol you okay?” Sehun came closer

“Yeah why?”

Sehun who knows now when his friend is lying shrugs “Am sorry for bringing you into this” his voice was shaking “if I didn’t insist that you come with me you would have now be sleeping in your room, doing your stuff, and no one bothering you”

 

Chanyeol shrugs “no! Am glad I came”

 

Well he isn’t glad at all, death is way better for him then a broken heart or false memories, memories of feelings that not should be existing from the beginning...in just 5 hours of not seeing him he felt way more down. , he miss him, he want to look at those eyes, that hair, that smile and stupidity of not knowing anything, he want him to call his real name, just for once! 

 

But this is all lies 

 

 

Arriving to the coordinations, it was an island, the ship set sail and the 4 left that ship, Chanyeol look at the ship one last time.

 

Luhan : the mission is here

 

Sehun open the item list to read the mission “reach the next coordinations alive and don’t go back to the water” Sehun close the item list “well at least no playing with words this time!”

 

Luhan : it must be an island full of traps and monsters

 

“better then humans to kill” Chanyeol said then move forward followed by the three, not later the place was dark, the sun hide under the blue sea to make it night, The forest they were moving in it was confused, so many trees and trees and trees

 

Luhan : no timer

 

He said out loud for the others to hear, Chanyeol look at the mission “why?”

 

Luhan : isn’t it weird! They usually give a time to do the mission! if not with the timer then everyone will pass!

 

D.O gulp his saliva “not if they know that we won’t!”

 

Looking at D.O saying the words, none of them felt pleasant,

“Maybe we should move fast!” Sehun hold Chanyeol arm tightly looking around, but the place was dark, they barely could see the road in front of them.

 

Luhan : g...guys! the map!

 

“What?” Sehun said “don’t scare us!”

Chanyeol look at the map immediately and saw lot of red dots moving to their direction “what the hell!”

 

D.O who felt panic “I don’t want to know!” He said and run forward not even waiting 

 

“WAIT!” Kai screams running after him because the place is dark to even see where he stand.

 

Sehun, “guys don’t go far we can’t see you!” He move taking Chanyeol with him 

who was looking at D.O and Kai marks at the map “as long as we can...”

 

But before he finish the sentence his friend marks disappeared and a lot of red points appear 

 

“Damn!” Chanyeol cursed taking his sword “Sehun run behind them, we can’t see each other in the map”

 

Sehun immediately run after the two and Chanyeol did the same.

 

Luhan (looking at the red dots that now was taking all the map behind) : guys stay together 

 

 

D.O who runs faster then a leopard finally got stopped with Kai grab “WAIT GOD DAMN IT” but he immediately regret screaming because D.O face was so pal, scared, “don’t worry am here”

D.O “dont stop!” He said grabbing Kai hand and run again this time taking him with him

 

 

Sehun who runs and runs, didn’t know where to go anymore, he stopped “are we even in the same way?” He asked in confusing half shouting half asking

“Just move to the coordinations direction!” Chanyeol said 

 

Luhan : whatever behind you there guys its near!

 

 

“Ummmmmmmm”

 

A Weird voice start to be heard, no one could recognize what it is but definitely it not something good, Chanyeol look at Sehun “go go go go!”

 

Sehun start running again, without a hesitation, but the place was dark and he couldn’t see where he stepped, and that made him fall hard on the ground with a scream of pain

 

Chanyeol runs to him helping him stand “you okay!” But when Sehun stand his eyes got wide open looking behind Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol turn fast to see the view

 

It’s start with a cloud of birds from different kind real and myth small to very huge, flying pass them making the sky black, the Trees were falling apart, the earth was crumbling, and a huge amount of different animals and creatures were running at their direction, not to them, but from something behind them

 

Luhan : GUYS RUN!

 

Luhan screams his voice out, and that was way enough for the two to do so! But now they weren’t alone running, a lot of animals did too, to the point they could just hit them and the results won’t be satisfied.

 

“What the hell is going on!” Sehun said while trying to stay in the course of a group of a rhino  but it was impossible, he tried to go away from that because it not safe, but end up running with elephants “DAAAAMN!” he dodge some. hardly when they were about to smash him on the ground.

 

 

Luhan : they didn’t give a timer because the island it self is a timer, it falling apart, and it a sure death because they said don’t go back to the water in the mission 

 

 

Chanyeol who couldn’t see Sehun now because of the giraffes that doesn’t care who under it legs, asked “are they okay!”

 

Luhan : D.O and Kai little far Sehun is struggling with elephants!

 

Chanyeol look at the group of giraffes that were faster for sure, he waited the right moment to jump on one of them, “Luhan tell him to ride one”

 

Luhan : Sehun jump on them it way better and they are faster then you.

 

“IT EASY TO SAY!” Sehun said struggling to even be safe from the legs, but with at least 6 tries he did it

 

Luhan : oh thank god! Kai, D.O run as fast as you can

 

He heard an “okay” from the two and smiled thinking in this case it will be easy to pass this mission, but his hopes got wiped immediately when a huge explosion heard

 

Luhan : what is this ?

 

“The mountain!” Chanyeol said still on that giraffe, but he clearly can see a mountain in his left split on two “that not good!” He said when the catastrophe in front of him made the ride he was on change their ways to not die.

 

Luhan :, Sehun already passed that part your the only one behind!

 

Chanyeol stands from that giraffe and jump to the mountain direction, it was the only way to the coordinations, or else he will make the way longer and the no Island behind him will reach him, gladly no animals come to that direction, so he was alone with the falling rocks.

 

Luhan look at The others gladly Kai and D.O were near the finish point, Sehun who still with the elephants was doing good, so his eyes went to Chanyeol, the knight decide to slash anything coming from the top and that was the best idea, he doesn’t have time to dodge so for now his doing fine.

 

Luhan : YES! Kai and D.O arrived ! 

 

Chanyeol smiled “I will be there soon” he said but the smile stopped when the earth beneath his legs moved, “what!” 

 

Luhan : sh**

 

Chanyeol dig his sword in the ground, because this earth start to raise.

 

Luhan : guys the Island is going vertical 

 

Sehun who was still on the elephants, start to feel the animal falling backward, he jump from him and tried to catch on anything because everything starts to fall back rolling, “Damn!” he cursed when he saw a lot and a lot of animals now coming his way, and his only option was to go with the flow.

 

Luhan : Sehun! no if you fall you die!

 

“And if I stay here I will get smashed by an of an elephant TRUST ME I DON’T WANT THAT!” He said trying to find any tree now that still dig into the ground.

 

———

 

 

In the other side Kai and D.O were standing in a metal ground, a place build on the blue water, like a safe area, they saw that island raise in front of them, moving from an horizontal state to a vertical, “please tell me they are okay!” D.O asked 

 

Luhan : they still alive, Chanyeol is going to help Sehun.

 

 

———

 

 

Chanyeol who was now climbing the island, find it a little bit easy while using his sword, and anything around, his jumps were higher then he expected like the time he was fighting the dragon, maybe it’s a knight thing to jump! he doesn’t know, after few minutes his eyes landed on Sehun who was stuck in a tree, “Sehun!” He said and he earn a smile from his friend

“Here!”

Well the fact that he didn’t think of how he can help him was the last thing to his mind, because for their luck that probably was 0 the island start to turn

 

Luhan : it turning upside down! 

 

the island now turned more then 120degree from it normal position, Feeling that even he can’t keep his balance Chanyeol grab tightly on his sword, at least he know that the sword won’t fail him and get released but he can’t say much on that tree Sehun was holding into, “SEHUN JUMP!” Chanyeol said in a sudden that made Sehun confused, but before he can react, the tree fall.

 

Luhan : NOO!!

 

“SEHUN!” Chanyeol scream when he saw his friend just falling like that, directly to the water direction, if he jump he will definitely die too! but he saw that look on Sehun face, he can’t handle the pain of losing a friend no that unfair, but this time it real! No he can’t handle that too! No way! 

 

he was about to take his hand off from his sword, to either die with him, or survive it in a way, but before seconds of taking off his grip, one of those huge birds pass fast, and Sehun is nowhere to be seen.

 

“What?!?” Chanyeol follow that bird with his eyes but a sudden familiar voice calling distracted him

 

“Chanyeol you hand!” 

 

He saw Kai on a bird stretching his arm for him to take it Chanyeol smiled seeing his friend, he take a turn outing his leg on the ground that become a like a ceiling, he dig out his sword and jump taking Kai hand. All the way to the safe area

 

 

Luhan stand from his chair with his arms up “woohooow!” Screaming and jumping in joy.