[brawl]

Crescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

San groans as the decision to kill her comes out of their leader's mouth. The latter remains pensive, as if he still hasn't fully made up his mind. "Hongjoong, you're just making this harder. If you chose to kill her, that means it's four against four." They are huddled together in groups according to their choices, as if they have built a barrier between them. "That means it's a tie and we can't do anything about it."

"Unless..." Wooyoung trails off, biting his lower lip.

"Unless what?" Yunho asks.

The rest turn to look at him expectantly, the only member of the team who's a father. San touches the tips of his forefingers together, eyebrows raised.

His eyes go wide as realization dawns on him. "That is exactly what we are not going to do. We are not going to freaking ask my precious cupcake whether to take someone in or kill her. She's 6 for crying out loud, she's too innocent for this."

"Well, she is technically a part of our team," Yeosang shrugs. "That girl's got a mouth that's deadlier than any guns."

"She definitely learnt it from you," San purses his lips, momentarily forgetting that they are from opposing sides.

Mingi taps a finger rhythmically every second against the table, glancing at the wall clock. It's almost 11:30 p.m., yet they are nowhere near done resolving the problem. The request they received - the one Hongjoong had announced to the whole cafe because he's a damn genius - has not been attended to yet.

"We really need to sort this out before she wakes up. If we decide to take her in, we'll have to come up with something to make her stay. She'll run away once she wakes up and realizes that we're all a bunch of creeps who had a voting system to decide whether we want to be merciful on her or murder her. So chop chop, make the freaking decision before we all lose our ."

Yunho hits his knuckles against his forehead while he closes his eyes, deep in thought. "I just barely managed to make her go to sleep."

"That's because you gave her sugar before bed," Wooyoung chastises. "I told you not to do that."

"It's not time for you to give me parenting tips. A girl's life is at stake here, excuse me."

"And it all depends on Hwayoung," Seonghwa says, his eyes radiating hopefulness.

"Ah, Seonghwa, not you too!"

Just moments ago they were each others' necks trying to defend their own choices regarding Byul, but right now they are all pushing at each other on who'll present the question to her.

"Jeong Yunho you're the father, you go ask her."

"I am not asking her that question. Let my poor baby sleep, she has to go to kindergarten tomorrow!"

"What about Wooyoung?"

"He's her least favourite uncle I'll doubt she will let him go even past her bedroom door," Yeosang comments.

"Yeosang you're really asking for it." Wooyoung loops an arm around his neck and pulls him down, rubbing his fist against the latter's head, messing up his hair.

"Stop it you're ruining my hair, I just went to the freaking saloon! I spent 300 bucks on this," he shouts out in terror, trying to untangle himself from his grip.

The cafe has become a witness to the brawl between Wooyoung and Yeosang, while Seonghwa and Hongjoong try to pull them apart, crying out profanities mixed with incoherent words. Jongho, San, Mingi and Yunho stay by the side, watching the entertainment unfold.

"So tell me, what are we here for again?" Jongho asks San, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm pretty sure at first it was about Han Byul, then Hwayoung and somehow it went to Yeosang's hair."

"Will we ever get this done?" Mingi laments.

"Maybe latest by next year, if we're lucky. Or maybe we'll even solve this by the time Hwayoung graduates university."

The fight goes on until the whole cafe is full of the sound of screeching birds, bouncing off the walls like they're fighting over the last grain of rice. Wooyoung is now pulling Yeosang's hair, mocking him about how he just wasted 300 bucks for an ugly ramen hairdo. Yeosang's arms reach out to pull his opponent's hair but he avoids it, bringing him down lower.

"One of you needs to throw a punch first, then we can get it moving," Jongho suggests.

"Jongho I will whoop your with a hanger if you don't stop encouraging this fight. I will-" Seonghwa shows a threatening finger.

"Yes mom." He rolls his eyes.

From the darkness of the pathway leading to the store, a figure with gauze dressing around her arms and adhesive bandages all over her legs scoffs at the chaos happening. Her tears have dried up and the feeling of fright is replaced with a feeling of incredulity after watching them fight like children because one called the other 'Hwayoung's least favourite uncle'. Even the two who are trying to pull them apart look like those inflatable tube men you see at any parking lot with one arm beckoning customers to come pay a visit.

She's starting to second guess herself; maybe she was the one who heard it wrong and there was no word of 'assassination' anywhere - but then again, they were clearly debating on whether they should take her in or kill her. All of that were presented when she just woke up from her fainting spell just minutes ago. The first words she heard t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter