[fireworks]

Crescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Director Na Daehee curls her lips into a mocking smile, walking down the stairs followed by the others behind her as they trace their movements with their weapons. She shrugs as she positions herself in front of Han Byul, reaching out a hand to inspect her face. She narrows her eyes when Byul doesn't resist, even when her sharp nails are digging into the skin on her cheeks as she clamps her fingers around the latter's face.

"Not scared of death are you, pretty one?" she asks, pushing away Byul's face as she releases her grip. "You really think 5 people will be enough to go against all of us? You have no idea what you're going against."

"We aren't scared of death," Byul mentions as she steps back, resting her rifle against her shoulder as she aims yet again. "When I've experienced that twice, another one should be nothing."

"Oh?" she chortles. "How brave. 5 against 10, someone who knows all your tricks and skills, someone who has trained you. Doesn't sound like a smart move."

Seonghwa nods to Hongjoong and San, before he fishes out a canister and throws it among the directors and trainers, immediately pulling back his team members as gas starts to escape, blinding them momentarily. They take this opportunity to whip out their weapons, scattering around as they find their opponents.

Their battleground is only in the training centre, so they can't run away anywhere. It's where they start, and it's where they'll end.

Hongjoong goes for two of the trainers, preferring to go in bare-handed as he charges at them, knowing that they are ones who prefer to fight without weapons. They swing their hands simultaneously to aim for his body, but he uses San as leverage to launch himself up, sending kicks to their faces but they remain rigid.

Seonghwa and Yeosang result in exchanging flying bullets with their opponents, ducking and hiding behind structures as they train their eyes to find the right target. Their targets are moving all over the place, making it hard for them to focus on one as they shoot, giving no chance for rest as they continue firing. In their magazines go, the empty bullet casings falling to the floor with a distinct clink, but it still doesn't hamper down their opponents.

San is pinned down to the floor by two of the trainers, with him thrashing about as he opens his jaw and bites down hard on one of their arms. He escapes from their grip, and before they can register what's going on he somersaults before battering their bodies with his kicks. It doesn't prove to be effective as they stay well on their feet, taking in the hits like they're merely being rained with water.

Without being able to see what's coming, Byul's rifle gets knocked out of her hand as a bullet hits her shoulder fired by Daehee as she chortles, pushing back the former with her fist. Byul collapses to the ground, clutching on to her wounded shoulder. She reaches out for the rifle but it's out of her reach, and the director presses her foot on her arm.

"Still wanting to go against us? Look around you, idiots. You can't even get past us and you think that you'll be able to take down this whole complex? How foolish of you to think that you'll be able to walk all over us." she spits. "Look at your friends. They're only tiring themselves."

Byul lifts up her head to see what the director meant and it's true; Seonghwa and Yeosang have been running around showering their bullets but barely anything hit while they sustain injuries, Hongjoong is currently going against three of them but he's not showing any signs of emerging as the winner while San is being held back, surrounded by another three. As the pain in her shoulder becomes more pronounced, she grits her teeth and bumps her head against the floor.

What were we thinking, when they know all about us? They trained us, honed our skills. Foolish, foolish, foolish. But that's why we're here; not to win but to die together with them. In exchange for the disappearance of KTC.

She looks up to the roof of the lobby, through the window placed where she can see the night sky, before she squints her eyes, noticing something moving. It's coming closer, closer and closer to the window before... the window pane collapses in shards, leaving behind only the grille over it and making them crouch as the pieces fall to the floor.

All simultaneously turn their heads to the new opening, in disbelief at the deafening sound of the revolving helicopter rotor, followed by the sight of two people they know well - Remy and Jung Wooyoung side by side, stationed behind machine guns. Behind them, Danbi tries hard to steady herself before she takes the hailer.

Danbi announces, "Hello, es. Nice to meet all you ugly asses again. Director Na Daehee, looks like you aged badly. Oh, even from up here that skin looks horrible. I'm doing great by the way, thanks for asking."

Remy nudges Wooyoung as their fingers curl on the triggers and they smirk. They fire.

With the sudden intrusion from the rest, the directors and trainers are taken by surprise that they forget they have their own weapons, plus aiming to someone in the helicopter is a tough feat when they can't even look up without having a bullet coming their way. They run around trying to miss the bullets, while Hongjoong and his team members seek refuge. Yeosang helps Byul to get up, inspecting her wound before she waves him away.

Everything happens in slow motion for them; one of the trainers got hit, then another, until all the trainers were taken out without them moving a single muscle. Two of the directors take the chance to run back to where they came from, but are hit in the back, blood spurting out as they roll down the stairs, already dead. Looking around, Director Na looks for a chance to escape as she ducks and tries to reduce the surface of her body exposed.

Remy and Wooyoung work seamlessly well together, each claiming their territory as they let the bullets rain, fuelled by their memories of being trapped inside for nothing but pain and anguish. They stop when they notice no or minimal movement from the directors and trainers, already holding on to the last sliver of life.

Yeosang holds up a hand to indicate to those on the helicopter that he's going from behind his protection, asking for them to cease any gunfires. He looks around, counting the bodies and he approaches one of the trainers, he holds up his collar, blood out of his mouth as he coughs.

"Who was it? Who did this to all of us? When did it start? The drug!" Yeosang shouts at him. He's desperate for answers to so many questions, before the timer for the bomb goes off and before his life escapes the trainer.

"Bringing down... KTC... won't affect... the production..." the trainer manages to sneer even with blood trickling down his cheek and chin. "It's not... just KTC... this is a... worldwide... chain..." he sputters. "Stupid youngsters... KTC is not the only... training-" The trainer laughs before coughing violently as his eyes bulge and he lies still, his lifeless eyes staring at the ceiling.

"You bastards!" Yeosang releases his grip on the collar when no sign of a pulse could be palpated. He hits his fist repeatedly on the floor, almost splitting open wounds on his knuckles before San holds him back, trying to stop him from injuring himself more.

At the same time Byul notices that Director Na is missing, and she guessed that the head director has slipped away noiselessly amidst the chaos and smoke. She stands up to stalk the director but Hongjoong holds on to her arm, eliciting a shout from her as the wound on her shoulder from the bullet hit sends a signal that she perceives as sharp pain.

"Where are you going?" Hongjoong says, hard.

"Director Na has escaped, and I'm not letting her out alive. Not when I still have something unsettled with her," she replies in the same tone as him, ripping her arm out from Hongjoong's grip.

"Aurora," Seonghwa starts. "7 minutes, that's all we have before the first bomb goes off." He sweeps his vision to the shattered window where Danbi and the rest are already on a mission to break open the grille. He holds her shoulder and prompts her to look at him. "We better see you on the seashore by the time this place crumbles, do you understand?"

She nods.

"I'm going with you," Hongjoong cuts in.

"No you're not; all four of you get the hell out of here. This is something personal."

She slides away from them before they can protest, the map on where the director could have gone sketched on her lens. If it's from the l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter