[fantasy]

Crescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Stop pretending you're dead, you blockhead or I'm really going to smack you with my sweater paws. I mean it, Jung Wooyoung."

Wooyoung opens one eye before a grin appears on his face when he spots Yeosang standing at the end of his bed, arm out as if ready to punch him.

"I swear you could've gotten a trophy for being the most brilliant actor out there, alongside Byul. You need to stop over-reacting in every situation! I really thought you were about to die." Yunho shouts at him, shaking his head.

"Jung Wooyoung," Seonghwa's voice comes next in the small room. "You could've told any of us that you wore the bulletproof vest. I was crying for nothing!"

"Guys, calm down," Wooyoung whines as he tries to sit up, but winces as pain shoots up at the wound under his bandaged shoulder. "Let me explain."

"Explain when I press my foot on your face!" Mingi huffs. "We were worried for nothing!"

"Oh come on," he bats his eyelashes. "You guys are worried not for nothing. I did get hurt and two bullets did get into my flesh."

"Yeah, but you were lying on the floor as if all four bullets hit any of your vital organs," Yunho rolls his eyes. "Two was lodged in the bulletproof vest, one hit your shoulder and one hit your leg. They weren't even deep wounds because the trajectory wasn't enough."

"Oh come on," Wooyoung shakes his body, whining again. "I really did feel like I was about to die. I couldn't move my arms because the bullet hit my shoulder and my blood felt like it was shooting out like it was a fountain. How should I know that it didn't hit any vital organs? I'm no anatomy expert like Seonghwa is. Plus, Dr. Kei did say I can't use my right hand and left leg too much for a while because of the bullets. So of course it felt like my life would end right there; it was nothing like I ever felt before. My whole life was flashing before my eyes before it turned dark."

"You made Lee Mikyung cry!" Jongho says furiously. "You know that she couldn't stop crying because she really thought you were about to die? She kept blaming herself that she caused you to get injured, and she fainted not long after. We had two people to bring to this hospital because you had to be a drama queen."

"But it does hurt a lot," Wooyoung pouts, trying to gain sympathy from any of them. It seems that their anger towards him keeping quiet about the bulletproof vest overpowered the sadness they felt when the bullets did hit his flesh, although the effect wasn't as bad as he acted out. "The blood was pouring out and my skin was all sticky with it. When Mikyung was holding me I really wanted to hug her back but my shoulder was hurting so I laid flat like a pancake."

Mingi slaps a hand to his forehead before slapping the back of Wooyoung's head, exclaiming, "That was for making every single one of us worried, and this," he slaps a hand to the latter's forearm, "is for making Mikyung cry and getting so worried for you until she fainted."

"Is she... okay?" he asks in a small voice.

"Oh now you're looking for her." Seonghwa puts his hands on his hips. "She woke up recently and she's waiting for you! That girl's scared out of her wits but she still wouldn't leave before she gets to see you!"

"Damn, stop shouting," Wooyoung says. "Stop being so mad."

"You little-" Yeosang starts, but stops when they hear a sniffle from the direction of the door and they awkwardly freeze in their spots as they see Lee Mikyung looking at them with an unreadable expression.

"Can I talk to him personally?" she asks calmly, even though her eyes and nose look like they've been painted with red.

"Oh- sure," Seonghwa mentions before pulling the rest of them with him, sidestepping Mikyung and glaring at Wooyoung to make sure that he won't mess it up again with her. "Both of you can talk all night, because Jung Wooyoung has a lot of explanation to do."

"Thank you," she replies as Jongho closes the door behind her, leaving the two of them in the room.

The temperature feels hotter and their heartbeats turn up louder as they notice how they are basically in a small closed-up space, when before this their interaction is still mainly dealt with carefully.

She walks towards the bed, where Wooyoung has sat up straighter, pressing his lips together as he sees her condition. She is still in the same dress that she wore when she sent Hwayoung home, but it's now decorated with dried mud and blood. Her hair is let down as her pink scrunchie is tied up around her wrist, the length of her straight hair reaching her waist.

As she stands next to the bed, there's a brief expression of anger as she lifts up her hand and punches Wooyoung's shoulder where it's bandaged. It's only a light punch as she cries and buckles to the ground, before Wooyoung hastily holds her so she won't sit on the floor, fighting the pain in his shoulder.

"You're so mean! I was so worried for you, I thought you were going to die," she says in between sobs. "I thought... I thought I wouldn't be able to say straight to you that I like you."

He grips her shoulders and lets her sit on the edge of the bed before he utters, "I don't deserve to be the person that you like. You... should see someone better, someone more worthy of you. I'm a bad person."

"If you're a bad person then why did you walk in there to save me, you idiot? Then being the idiot you are you got shot!"

"You don't understand, Mikyung. You don't understand what I do for a living, you don't know how many people I've killed."

"So... the sister of a mob boss doesn't deserve to be with a courier?" she asks.

He looks at her eyes, surprised that she knows about what her brother does. He is rendered speechless as he holds on to his bandaged shoulder, looking at her dumbly as he's unable to come up with a reply.

"My brother confessed to me right after we were brought here. He felt guilty for causing you to get hurt, and I..." she trails off, "I honestly don't know what to feel. I suspected this a long time ago but I never had the courage to confront him about it. And as for you and Hwayoung's uncles... I know that you must have been doing some kind of side jobs besides running the cafe. Only, just maybe, I never thought it would be... this."

"I'm not supposed to be in a relationship," he says directly. "That's the rule of my world."

She wrings her hand and nods. "Right. I guess that's why you've been avoiding me when I must have made it so obvious that I like you. A lot."

"Do you really?" he asks again. "Do you really like me, even after knowing what I do for a living?"

She doesn't hesitate as she sheepishly nods. "I saw you as Hwayoung's uncle first before I saw you as a courier."

He reaches out his arm and takes her hand in his, rubbing his thumb on the back of her palm. "I'd like to start again with you. I'm sorry for making you worried, I'm sorry for leaving you hanging after I got your number. Like Hwayoung said, I made you sad and I want to make it up to you. If you would let-"

He gets cut off as Mikyung presses her lips against his forehead in a swift kiss, before she blushes and blurts out, "I- uh- I... really have no excuse for that. I'm sorry."

He smirks. "Why are you sorry?"

Pulling a blushing Mikyung towards him, he places his hand on the small of her back and another cups her cheek before he kisses the tip of her nose. He kisses her lips next, taking his time as their lips latch onto each other's, smiling against th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter