[reunion]

Crescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Whose idea was it? I want you to show me who started this." Hongjoong crosses his arms over his uncovered chest as he leans back against the wall. His shirt is ed to avoid pressure on the wound on his stomach, where a stray bullet had pierced him during the shootout.

All fingers point towards Danbi and Wooyoung who are sitting side by side, except for Wooyoung's.

"Jung Wooyoung, don't try to shift the blame to Hwayoung."

Wooyoung grumbles as he changes the direction of his pointed forefinger to himself, instead of Hwayoung who's sitting on Mingi's lap.

"Hwayoung, why don't you go to your dad?" Mingi lets her go before she dashes towards a room at the middle of the hallway, pulling back the sliding door with all her might, jumps inside and closes the door.

When they're sure that the kid is out of earshot, Hongjoong starts, "Someone better have a good explanation on what on earth just happened back there on the island yesterday night, and when this plan all started."

Some of Dr. Kei's nurses pass by them and they nod, acknowledging them before those at the waiting area - Hongjoong, Wooyoung, Jongho, Mingi, Danbi and Remy return their focus onto each other, but particularly those who started yesterday's disturbance. Everything went perfectly well, even when those on the initial mission had surrendered their lives early, knowing that they had no chance of getting out of there alive once the bombs go off. They knew that fighting against the directors and trainers would wear them out, until they'd have no energy left to escape.

But the appearance of the helicopter - courtesy of Lee Minhyuk - changed the game around, and they never would have thought that they would make it out alive.

"Okay so," Wooyoung clasps his hands, "I'll start with the why we decided to do this. You," he points to Hongjoong who snaps his head back in sudden surprise, "are our leader who decided to abandon the rest of his team members, because he wanted to go and be a hero on this suicide mission. What? You told the rest of us to stay put and enjoy the effects once the Bifidensis and KTC are gone? Kim. Hong. Joong," he enunciates. Then he claps the back of his fingers onto his other palm at every emphasis, "Did. you. forget? 8 makes freaking 1 team and I don't want to hear all that about half of us dying while the rest of us get to live. Plus!" he points his finger upwards, "Since when do I actually hear your instructions? You can't expect Jung Wooyoung to follow what you say."

Jongho rolls his eyes as he rests his elbow on the side of the chair, leaning his body. "So overdramatic," he mumbles. Then he shrugs, "But he got his points."

Wooyoung opens his palms upwards shoulder-level, a smile on his face. "I can't believe that you, Seonghwa, San, Yeosang and Byul had the audacity to leave us behind on the pretext of destroying KTC's foundation, with the thought of going down together with the crumbling building. We're all here, all you needed to do was just ask! Shhh," he places a finger on Hongjoong's lips, immediately silencing him when the leader looks like he's about to say something, "I don't want to hear about you saying that you didn't want us to get involved was because you didn't want us to get injured. Do you think we will be able to live on knowing that you're gone when we could've done something?"

Hongjoong slaps his hand away with a disgusted face but he closes his eyes and nods. "Understood. We're sorry." He looks guilty that he avoids looking at their eyes, which are staring sharply at him.

"As you should," Jongho announces. "I still can't believe you, out of all the people, agreed to this mission when the rest of us are here. I would've thought it would either be Mingi or Wooyoung to do stupid decisions like this one."

"Hey!" Wooyoung and Mingi shout simultaneously, looking very offended.

The hacker results to hitting Jongho's head, but flinches when Jongho looks like he's about to retaliate.

"That's so mean!" Wooyoung pouts as he crosses his arms and shakes his body. "I still need crutches but I went on the helicopter just to get behind the gun to save my lovely team members. I went in with the thought that I wouldn't want to see those I love go! Not San, Yeosang, Hongjoong, Seonghwa and even Byul. No one is dying on my sight."

"Might remember that when you got shot last time." Mingi slaps Wooyoung's arms.

"Oh come on, you guys still haven't let that go? I repented and I promised that I won't do it again."

Danbi groans, blowing a piece of hair out of her eyes as she tries to bring the attention to her. "Can you guys stop fighting? This is going nowhere. Fine, I was the one who started everything; I went through Lee Minhyuk first before asking for anyone on the team. He directed me towards Wooyoung, and that's how it happened. At the market yesterday, I saw Wooyoung and confirmed the plan with him. We probably had this planned before you-" he gestures towards Hongjoong, "-had assembled your team. I didn't want to let Han Byul do what she wanted to; to go on the Wonderland without even having a single thought of making out of there alive."

Hongjoong puts up a hand. "Wait, wait, wait. Does that mean all of you were already scheming for this even before we said we were about to leave for Wonderland yesterday? When Jongho and Mingi were all mad because we decided to go."

"Uh-uh," Jongho nods. "We're great actors, you know."

Mingi gives off a proud smile. "You're not the only one who knows how to make grand plans, captain. We have brains too, and we made an even grander entrance." He stretches his arms. "Helicopter and machine guns."

"Oh please," Wooyoung snorts. "You weren't even there. You're at home with Hwayoung, trying to stop her crying, unsuccessfully. You had been trying to bribe her with chips but she must had pushed it away."

Mingi sighs. "She did. She only wanted all of you to come back as quickly as you could. I did manage to calm her down and make her go to sleep though." He bares his teeth as his eyes disappear with the wide smile. "I think I'm ready to be a dad now."

"I feel sorry for your future child," Jongho winces. "You're the baby that needs to be taken care of."

"True," Hongjoong replies, putting his hands on his hips. He hears a hushed shriek from the nurse station and looks over, only to see the nurses gawking at him. He looks down, realizes that he's practically half- before he immediately pulls his shirt to cover his body.

Danbi and Remy stay quiet through the conversation, still not used to the fact that how easily ATEEZ seem to be distracted from the main topic. Interesting men.

Danbi clears to bring back the attention to her. "It started when I knew Han Byul's plan was to let her life go, and I can't bear seeing her getting hurt all over again, while leaving Yunho and Hwayoung behind. Once-"

"Twice. She died twice," Mingi unhelpfully adds.

"Twice is enough for her, and I'm not about to see her die for the third time. I love her and all I want is her to get married to that guy she loves so much she would sacrifice her life for, live happily ever after with their child. Han Byul cried so much for them, and I don't want to see this incomplete story. I'm getting her what she deserves, and Jeong Hwayoung deserves to know that Han Byul is her biological mother-"

A high-pitched gasp escapes and they automatically turn their heads to see Yunho with Hwayoung holding hands near them, and b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter