[darkness]

Crescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Give me her estimated location."

"She's suspected to be locked in the room on the second floor, possibly tied up, gagged and blindfolded. Nothing to be sure of unless we see for ourselves, and considering that we take the words of our lovely enemy."

"If you give me the cue, I'll gladly shoot the frontliners now. Frankly, my finger is feeling a bit eager to pull the trigger." Seonghwa closes one eye as he trains the telescopic sight on one of the targets lined up around the warehouse. They seem to be making a fort with their bodies, circling the warehouse and making sure no entrance nor exit will be left unattended.

"Toothless, on hold. We're still planning our way around the warehouse, looks like this Ravn guy is still expecting Lee Minhyuk to show up with the promised money," Hongjoong instructs through the earpiece as he sits beside Mingi and observes the faces of the guards one by one. He turns to Minhyuk who is standing behind them, looking anxious as he looks over their shoulders. "Do you recognize any of them? Are they really Ravn's gang?"

The mob boss looks at the screen and scans them one by one, taking a while before he slowly nods and points to a few of them. "I know them; they went against my boys some time back."

"Estimation of strength?" Hongjoong enquires as Minhyuk gives it a thought.

"Would say they're a bit tough to take down, although my boys conquered them in the end. Wasn't easy opponents."

"So Ravn has a strong gang."

"He does, and they are loyal ones. Stuck to him like glue, obey him like he's the king. The only person he can't make to bow at his feet was me."

"I was made to understand that both of you were friends," Mingi includes as his hands hover over the onscreen keyboard. "But something made it crack and now you're on opposing sides."

"That's correct." He doesn't look surprised at how they managed to find out about that, but he shouldn't be when he knows how ATEEZ deals with their clients. They know everything. "We used to be on the same line but we had our differences in views. Started going our separate ways right then, where most, if not all, of those under us decided to follow him instead. I was left to start again on my own."

"Ever since then, you and him became arch-enemies, and now he's taking a step ahead by kidnapping your sister. Is the motive really money?"

"I wouldn't say it's the only motive; there's power, gratification in knowing that my weakness is Mikyung. He's trying to use that against me to make me bow at his feet. Not to mention that he must have felt challenged because I stole the tender from him. Ravn is the guy to keep grudges for a very long time."

"Do you think he has possibly revealed to your sister what your identity is? To scrape the faith she has in you while keeping her hostage."

"I can't tell, but maybe not. He finds joy when he knows that he holds something that others don't, so maybe he's still keeping it from her."

"A complex enemy," Mingi concludes. "And a smart one. It's no wonder that both of you stand on the same ground."

"Our plan? Outsmarting him, or overpowering him? Outnumbering him is not an option it seems," Minhyuk asks as he paces back and forth. "I really do hope that all of you have a good plan, because Ravn is not an easy one to take down." He mentions the last word as his phone rings and a hidden number comes on, but the situation they're in allows him to know who it is even before he picks the call up. Glancing at the two in the same room as him, he nods once before sliding the green button, immediately placing the call on speaker.

"How are you doing, brother?" Ravn's smug voice comes through the line as he continues, "I hope you're doing great because it seems like your poor little sister is not."

"You son of a !" Minhyuk shouts as Ravn clucks his tongue in disapproval.

"Don't call me that, brother. You know how I get offended easily, and that's not such a wise thing to do when you know that your sister is right her with me..." His voice gets fainter as he brings his phone away from his own mouth and shoves it to Mikyung. "Why don't you say hello to your big brother, pretty one?"

A muffled scream comes from Mikyung and they don't even have to guess that he has gagged.

"I swear if you ever lay a hand on her, I will kill every single one of you," Minhyuk threatens as the grip around his phone gets tighter.

There is a mocking laugh from Ravn as he utters, "You can do that? Aren't you just an ordinary businessman who only knows how to make business deals?" He fake-gasps, "Don't tell me that you can kill people, Lee Minhyuk? Can you believe this, Lee Mikyung? That your brother is capable of-"

"Shut your filthy mouth! I'll get to you, just you wait."

There is a click of a gun and another distressed scream from Mikyung. "Oh don't worry, I'll wait right here for you to appear. Show yourself, get the money and then I'll decide whether I would kill her or not."

"You fu-" Minhyuk manages before the line goes dead, and he throws up his hands in frustration, the beeping sound of the cut line tormenting him as he ends the call. "I don't care, do whatever it takes to save her." He grips Hongjoong's arms, sounding like he's pleading. "I'll pay you double, triple, whatever you want, as long as my sister can get out of there alive."

"Of course you shouldn't even have to ask, Mr. Lee," Hongjoong replies as he fixes the position of his earpiece. "Toothless, Silver, Corgi and Apple, report your positions."

"Toothless in room #398 of Serene Inn, ready behind the rifle as long as I get my cue, reporting. I can see the view of the front warehouse clearly from here."

"Silver with Apple at the street across, waiting behind the low bushes, out of sight. Can confirm the positions of the enemies outside the warehouse."

There is no report from Wooyoung that Hongjoong pauses, still waiting as he figured the sniper might have needed more time to compose himself. When a minute passes and there is still no answer, he gestures towards Mingi to locate him. The hacker obeys, immediately pointing out Wooyoung's location and Hongjoong slaps a hand to his forehead as he brings out the nearest camera he could find.

The image through the camera is blurry, but it is no doubt Wooyoung, sitting cross-legged, looking strangely calm as he ruffles his hair and ties it up again and again, as if trying to pass time.

"Am I seeing things?" Minhyuk suddenly says as he points towards the screen. "That's your member, W- Corgi. My sister's boyfriend."

"Unfortunately, yes."

"Should I be worried?" Minhyuk approaches Mingi who is sitting, resting his elbows on the back of his chair as he observes Wooyoung's movements. "He's sitting cross-legged on the freaking roof of the warehouse- is that him fanning himself with a newspaper that who knows where he got it from? What is he trying to do?"

"Corgi," Hongjoong tries again as he puts Minhyuk's questions on hold. "When did you even get on the roof?"

"Huh? Oh Minion," he takes a moment to answer and through the camera, they see that he's leaning forward, seemingly trying to take a peek to the situation on the ground. "Been jumping on the roofs trying to get here; sorry I couldn't answer straight away."

"Why do you have a newspaper?"

"To... use as a weapon?"

It doesn't sound like he's joking so Mingi and Hongjoong turn to look at each other while shrugging.

"Should I be worried?" Minhyuk asks again as Mingi shakes his head and Hongjoong puts up a hand.

"No." The leader tries to make it sound that it's not him trying to convince himself too in the process. "My team members are capable of making smart decisions." In a smaller voice he adds, "I hope."

Mingi taps his knuckles on the table, slightly out of rhythm because he can never keep them, before halting the sequence as Hongjoong looks like he's about to give some instructions. Minhyuk looks on while crossing his arms, eyes darting nervously as he looks at the two team members, one finger up as he visibly hopes that they really do have a good plan in hand.

"Toothless," Hongjoong tries again, "how many can you take down from where you are with what you have?"

"All that I can see," he replies, already loading the first bullet to be fired. "And for those I can't see, if we take the chance that they will attend to those being shot, all of them outside of the warehouse. Got a lot more bullets to spare."

"Lovely. Corgi, Silver and Apple; get ready to bring the warehouse down. Remember, safety first, both ours and Lee Mikyung's."

They chant simultaneous agreements with the plan, fully focusing on the said targeted building. Wooyoung finally stops playing with his own hair, smoothing the front part down and nodding.

Hongjoong pauses, waiting as he sees through the camera that Wooyoung has stood up, the guns strapped to his body like medals on a crisp suit. He nods, "Excellent. Toothless," he pauses, "commence."

The answer from Seonghwa is his finger curling with pressure onto the trigger, the target he first picks out being the one nearest to the main rolling doors of the warehouse. He snarls as his body recoils back from the shot, pulling the knob and pushing the next bullet in, already angling the snout of the rifle to the next person, to the next, and to the next until all of them are lying down on the dirt road with red blooms on their chests. His hands work fast as he loads the next set of bullets, smiling in satisfaction as he sees that he meets all of his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter