[run]

Crescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hongjoong closes the lid to the container of cookies he was munching on, remembering vaguely about Seonghwa firmly telling him that it's mainly for Yeosang because the guy would get cranky if he doesn't get his daily fix of cookies. Seonghwa had went on about how hard it was for them to grab the box, but he only waved it away, saying that he's only exaggerating and a shopping session couldn't be so intense.

He shakes the contents that have been reduced to half because the oldest had shut him up with one piece of cookie, that he soon found himself devouring it like he was an insatiable monster. If Yeosang tries to find who the culprit is he can probably point back to Seonghwa or just go buy another box.

How hard can it be, trying to buy a box of cookies?

Seonghwa and San drifted off to dreamland, sleeping like a log as soon as the cooking show was finished. He had to switch off the television for them, grumbling about how it will show up on the bill while they remained nonchalant with dripping saliva and open mouths. San has his head on Seonghwa's lap, the latter's hand on San's head, mid-caressing his locks. San's spittle drips from the corner of his mouth, producing damp spots on Seonghwa's favourite pair of black ripped jeans. He would probably be disgusted once he woke up, but San always gets away with stuff like this.

Seonghwa takes care of all of them - including him although he hates to admit it - like they are his children but San and Yeosang are probably his favourite. And Wooyoung on good days if he doesn't bother Seonghwa too much. They could burn down the whole house and Seonghwa would film it, post it and put the caption 'look at how cute my babies are'. However strike the wrong note with him and you'll probably end up dead the next day. They all silently agree that although Hongjoong is the captain, Seonghwa is the most lethal. Once he puts you on his blacklist you can kiss your life goodbye.

Besides to the 8 men and Hwayoung, Seonghwa's looks are the most deceiving; one could not even begin to guess whatever dark past he had hidden away. When all 7 others found out about it, their jaws drop open and they immediately put their hands behind their backs, as if he could shoot them down with a single stare.

Hongjoong instinctively turns towards their main door when the steady beeping of the passcode being punched in is heard echoing through the second floor and Yunho appears with a mop of wet hair.

As the door shuts behind him, he takes off his shoes at the foyer and puts on his house slippers before asking, "Is Hwayoung already asleep?"

"She showered and I tucked her into bed, but she's waiting for you to sing her a lullaby before she sleeps. I wanted to do it but she kicked me out saying I will give her nightmares if I sing."

Yunho snorts. "Looks like my baby knows who's the best."

"Oh shut up before I throw this-" he bends down to take off one of his slippers and aims it at him, but the younger has already escaped into his daughter's bedroom.

A ping indicating that a notification is received tears his attention away from Yunho, and he approaches the source of the sound while putting back on his slippers. It's from the small handheld device Yeosang assembled for them, connected to Mingi's computer at their headquarters. The notification light pulses constantly, so he presses down his thumb onto the screen and it unlocks to reveal the new message that came in. The device is the only thing connecting them to the headquarters, since they can't spend all of their time there. It's the most featureless connection they can have so as not to raise any suspicions if any people decided to come visit their house. Not that they have any visitors here, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

The message is simple - as they always are when they receive requests - but the price behind it is huge and the responsibility under it is heavy. It's entirely up to them to decide whether they will accept the request or not, and the sender will not be able to say otherwise. They know the details of the sender, but the sender doesn't know their identities; all the sender has is their email address and their back account that can't be traced back to them. The 'services' they offer are usually spread around hushedly, mostly through word-of-mouth. People won't admit it, but there are all kinds of requests sent to them that they sometimes question their own conscience, if they even have any left. They are in complete control, and that's why he loves his job.

He looks at the details of the request first, then the target, and then it usually comes down to the price. He whistles when he sees the price, feeling that it's such a huge amount for a simple task. Assassinating a single person is an easy job for them; he will probably just send Seonghwa or Wooyoung to them and just from afar, they will be shot dead. This is the first request they had gotten after some period of drought, so he feels giddy knowing that they are finally back on track. He feels the need to tell the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter