[ceremony]

Crescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the waiting room, the atmosphere is laden with restlessness, but it's not from the brides themselves but the people tending to them- it's from Emira, Danbi and Anna who are going all over the room to prepare the brides before they walk down the aisle.

Anna is focusing on fitting the dresses on them, slightly worried that she might have missed the measurements, but heaves a sigh of relief when they step out from behind the curtain, stunning an understatement.

Danbi has offered herself to be their makeup artist, shrugging and saying that she knows a thing or two about makeup. Since they're not looking to spend so much for the wedding, both Akira and Byul let their faces become her canvas, and the outcomes satisfied them both without having to take out a single chroma.

Emira is flailing around, the walkie talkie gripped in her hand tight as she coordinates with those outside, especially Yeosang, in making sure that the guests have all arrived and are waiting to witness the union of the two couples.

Anna fixes the veils on both brides before she steps back, her hands curled into fists and wrists touched together as she takes in their appearance. "Beautiful," is what she says as she feels the tears stinging her eyes. "Both of you really do my designs justice. I've always heard about both of you from Yeosang and now that I get to meet you... Seonghwa and Yunho are indeed ones of the luckiest men."

Byul smiles through the veil and utters, "I'm honoured to be able to wear a dress designed by the Anna Yoo. In fact, my gratitude is overdue for the dress that you had sewn for me for that mission."

"Agreed, you managed to make these dresses so unique and yet they complement each other so well. I'm not a fan of dresses myself but if it's made by you..." Akira nudges her. "I'll be more than glad to wear them."

"Oh stop, you're flattering me too much," Anna giggles as she stands back.

She's too busy in handling the fitting of the brides that she didn't have time to dress up herself. Despite having a million other dresses that she has sewn, she's only wearing one that she finds comfortable, one that she has worn too many times that even Yeosang must've noticed it too. She slightly regrets the fact that she didn't put in too much effort in her appearance, and she thinks to herself that Yeosang must be embarrassed to go around and introduce her as his girlfriend. She's nothing compared to the other girls, and she feels sorry that he's dating someone like her.

The brides stand up when they receive the cue that they may leave the room to walk down the aisle, and in front of the large doors they wait. Bouquets in their hands and faces hidden partially under the veil, nothing can hide the fact that their hearts are beating wildly in their chests, and they're moments away from being someone's wives. The ceremony will come with new responsibilities, and open up new doors for them they could never imagine of having when ATEEZ were still under the Bifidensis.

Today, it will become a reality.

Before the giant doors are opened, Emira halts them and she scurries to stand in front of them, taking both of their hands in hers, inhaling and exhaling as if she's the one about to be wed.

"Akira," she starts before looking at her sister with tears in her eyes, and she cups Akira's face. "No matter what, you'll always be my little sister, okay? I'm sure mom and dad will be proud seeing you getting married to him, and although I wish they'd be here to witness their youngest daughter getting married, I'm happy that I'm here to see it."

"Emira," Akira replies, gripping her sister's hands that are cupping her face and even without the tears in her eyes, the look she gives Emira is enough to say how much the melancholy is consuming her. "Don't make me cry now," she chuckles. "I don't want to ruin this makeup."

"Right, just getting carried away with my feelings. I'm so proud of seeing my little sister finally getting married to the guy who deserves her. But," she turns serious, "if Park Seonghwa ever breaks your heart, tell him that Emira Hwang will not hesitate to break his bones, alright?" She turns to Byul and grasps her hands too. "You too, if Jeong Yunho decides to be an one day, call me over and I'll teach him not to mess with you."

The brides laugh despite their nervousness trailing in their wake, and they nod, signalling that they're ready for the ceremony. The doors are opened and there they are, the grooms ready and waiting for their brides.

Emira holds Akira's wedding dress while Danbi takes Byul's, and Remy takes his position in between them to walk them along the aisle. Hwayoung, beaming, with a purple bow on her head, brings the basket full of petals with her and she scatters them ahead of the brides, the soft music accompanying them as they get closer to their soon-to-be husbands.

The looks on both Seonghwa and Yunho are identical it seems that they're looking at the same thing; the love of their lives walking towards them. Their eyes water at the sight of their future wives, but both fail to hold them back as their tears pour the moment their brides step in front of them. As soon as they come face to face, they unveil their brides, looking at each other like they finally found their treasure after years of searching.

Their guests don't fill the whole venue, but they are people they are close with, and it's enough for them. There are people from various walks of life. There are people they know from their activities as ATEEZ; Dr. Kei and his nurses, A.C.E, Lee Minhyuk, and the grandpa who supplied them with their weapons, Ram. There are people that they know in the past; like Seoho and his workers at the resort. There are people that they know when they're only the '8 guys who run a cafe'; like Mrs. Ryu who fought with Seonghwa for the chicken, Hwayoung's kindergarten teachers, and Grandma June with the golden retriever. There are several other guests whom they invited, and as they see them, they realize that maybe their lives aren't so lonely after all.

The vows flow from their lips as they've practiced a thousand times, a step closer to them being tied with marriage. When it's time for them to put the rings on each other, everyone in the room, including the brides and grooms, look expectantly at the best men - Mingi and San - who are waiting by the side, gloved hands clasped in front of them, completely forgetting their duties.

"Idiots, the rings! Take out the rings!" Hongjoong instructs them from the front row, gesturing wildly to them to point where they keep the rings.

"Oh right! The rings, of course," Mingi exclaims before scurrying to take the rings, and this elicits some laughter from the guests.

Down with embarrassment, Hongjoong and Yeosang bury their faces in their hands and the younger mumbles, "Who on earth agreed to them being the best men?"

Mingi is about to give the other box containing Akira and Seonghwa's rings to San, but trips and loses his grip on the box. In slow motion, the guests' jaws drop as the box unlatches and the rings fly out, horror painted on the best men's faces. The jewellery roll under the guests' chairs, disappearing from view and the empty box falls to the floor with a lame thud.

"Song Mingi," Hongjoong growls before he lifts his from the chair, intending to help so that the search for the missing rings will commence faster.

"Whoops, just a moment, yeap, need to get the rings, haha. Whoops, sorry, I did not mean to touch your foot, oh gorgeous shoes by the way. Uh, I think I saw them. Anyone saw the rings?" Mingi's mouth goes full speed as he's panicking, ducking in between rows of seated guests. Even though he can't see it, he can feel Seonghwa's eyes sending sharp daggers to his back, about to change into the dragon that's tattooed on his back. He dives into a row as he spots the glinting rings stacked nicely on top of each other. He grabs them and he pumps up his fist with the rings inside, shouting, "Found them!"

"Gosh he's so embarrassing," Emira comments. "But so damn cute."

After the bump, they continue the ceremony with Mingi handing Byul and Yunho's rings while San helps to give Akira and Seonghwa's. Picking up the momentum they had before the incident, they fit the rings onto their partners' fingers, sealing the marriage. It even looks like their smiles are tattooed on their faces as they never let them go. They look into each others' eyes with pure love that it seems that the world is infinitely theirs.

Maybe it is.

"I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Wooyoung puts a hand over Hwayoung's eyes, protecting the innocence of the child. Kissing in front of the guests seem to ring different for the two couples, as Seonghwa and Akira are more like the shy ones as they just wanted to get it done with. Meanwhile Yunho takes his time with Byul and he has to slightly bend down to be able to comfortably kiss the bride.

They receive whistles from the guests, and Yeosang shakes his head as he leans backwards. "Boy, they sure do like to rub it in people's faces."

The ceremony ends with the guests cheering loudly for the two couples, now officially husband and wife. With the exchange of vows they move on to the reception, where Mikyung and Wooyoung are working together to make sure that the food are all prepared nicely. They are holding the reception at a rooftop garden in Treasure district, because they wanted the event to finish under the night sky.

They cut the cake together, speeches are given by each of the members of ATEEZ, and they let the guests roam freely, taking food or letting themselves loose on the dance floor. When it's time for the brides to throw the bouquets, they gather in front of the stage, each of them looking serious... especially ATEEZ.

"Um, do correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the boys look more eager than us to catch the bouquet?" Emira whispers to Anna as the latter agrees.

"It does... even Yeosang is looking for the best spot he could get." She chuckles when she sees him craning his neck and narrowing his eyes, moving around as if calculating the trajectory the bouquet's about to take.

It's Byul's turn first, and she turns her back to the audience before throwing the bouquet over her head without much thinking. There's silence in the audience before a shout full of determination comes out of San's mouth.

"That bouquet is mine!" He pushes through the crowd before using a chair as leverage, soaring above two guests before snatching the flowers mid-air, landing on the ground as he holds up the bouquet like a trophy.

"Damn," Danbi enunciates. "Is it that serious?"

"We don't stand a chance against them," Emira comments as she sees her sister taking place on the stage next. "I'm going to let this slide or I'm going to hurt myself. It doesn't matter if I die a spinster, as long as I get to see my sister happy. That's all that matters. Yeap."

Akira throws the bouquet, and this time there isn't much of a fuss, because the flowers land exactly where Yeosang is standing, away from the crowd.

He smirks because it seems that his calculation proves to be correct. As the crowd disperses when the bouquet-throwing session is over, he looks around to find Anna. Somehow, she has managed to find a cat at the garden and is seemingly having a conversation with it as she pets it and lets it jump into her lap. She's we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter