[forgotten]

Crescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"But what if she decides that she doesn't love me anymore and rejects my marriage proposal?" Yunho cries out as he buries his face in Seonghwa's shoulder, in which the latter is calmly sipping his juice as he narrows his eyes.

His body has been shaken violently by Yunho since after breakfast, asking for help on how he's going to propose to Byul, but it seems that the younger is too worried about the outcome rather than the actual process.

"Well-" Seonghwa starts but Yunho is quick to cut him off.

Yunho grabs Seonghwa's shoulders and shakes him hard until the latter's juice is sloshing around all over the counter and his hands. "How? How did you propose to Akira and how did she accept it so easily?" He snaps his fingers, preventing Seonghwa from answering him. "Both of you are all over each other for years so she must have been waiting for you to ask for her hand in marriage. But me and Byul?! We've only recently met and what if she thinks that marriage is too sudden for her?"

"Technically, ah-" Seonghwa slams down his unfinished juice on the counter and clamps a hand - already sticky with the juice - over Yunho's mouth so that he'll not be interrupted again. "You met her first as Lee Eunbi and you met her again as Han Byul. Nothing has changed except that both of you now have Hwayoung. And don't say that because all of us can see how very much in love both of you are. A marriage proposal," he shrugs, "is just waiting to happen."

"You think so, Seonghwa?" he sticks out his lower lip, tears at the brim of his eyes. "But you- you made it sound so easy when you proposed to Akira."

Seonghwa takes a moment to think before pressing his lips together. "To be fair, I woke up from a deep sleep after almost a day, and when I saw her beside my bed I had the impulse to do it. It came out as easy as when I asked her what she wanted to eat for breakfast."

"What is that piece of advice?"

The oldest drains his juice before looking at Yunho dead in the eyes. "Don't think, just do."

"Ahhh..." Yunho nods seriously as he grabs Seonghwa's hands and puts them to his chest. "Thank you, you are indeed the wisest."

"Uhm, right." He forcefully pulls back his hands while putting on his best judging face. "Now that I think about it, it does seem embarrassing though. I was wrapped up like a mummy and I had the audacity to ask for her hand in marriage like that." He purses his lips as a dreamy look passes over his face and he bunches up his shoulders. "I'm happy that she actually agreed to it."

"When do you plan on carrying out the ceremony?" Yunho blinks as he leans forward.

"Well..." He takes the glass to the sink, rinses it before leaving it to dry. He washes his hands. "We were planning on doing it as soon as possible but with all the uncertainty about handing the evidence to the authorities, we don't know whether we should go on with it or wait for things to settle down first. But that's the thing," he stops, releases a sharp breath and shakes his head. "If we get caught... If I leave her again after asking her to marry me, I simply don't deserve her. Plus," he chuckles though, "to be honest we are waiting for you to ask Byul for her hand in marriage."

Yunho frowns and inhales. "Why?"

"Didn't you hear the rest of the boys yapping about it?" Seonghwa links his hands behind him. "They couldn't wait for a double wedding. Apparently, according to Hongjoong it's more economical. So if you got on with giving the ring to Byul," he jokes, "the faster we could plan for a wedding on the same day. Provided that both of you agree with it, though. Akira and I don't mind. Plus, it's not like we'll have different guests. We all literally only know the same group of people."

"That's it then!" There's a look of new determination on Yunho's face as he fists his hand and takes out the box he had bought secretly with the help of Yeosang and Jongho. "I'm going to take her out today while we wait for Hwayoung to finish kindergarten and I'm going to propose to her! Don't think, just do." He nods once before a call comes to his phone and he gets startled from the sudden sound.

Shoving the box inside his jacket's pocket he picks up the call from Jongho, who's currently working at the cafe below. He hears the youngest frantically addressing him from the other line, "Byul has just returned and she's coming up the stairs, she's probably going to arrive in less than 5 seconds. Good luck!"

Yunho doesn't say anything before he ends the call, and Seonghwa pats his back to give him encouragement coupled with a thumbs-up. He uses the fridge door's sleek surface to see his reflection, fixing all that he can before he scurries to the door, finding a posture to stand properly to greet her coming back. Maybe he should lean against the doorframe, or he could sit casually on the sofa...

Byul walks up the stairs, a smile never leaving her face at the thought that she can finally send her daughter to kindergarten. Since the disappearance of Bifidensis and KTC, she's able to use the normal route through the cafe because they believe that no one else is spying on them through the cameras anymore, considering that the higher-ups are all wiped out. Everything's been going on smoothly so far, except that maybe they don't have a clear picture on what's going on after they send in the information to the authorities.

All the way to the kindergarten Hwayoung never let go of her hand, skipping as she sang 'Illusion' with a happier tone, and Byul joined in, the song finally unveiled to become something much less heartbreaking. The little girl seemed to want to tell everyone she passed by that the woman she's with is her mother, and the animals they see on the way - the cats, birds and even rats - got the share of news that Han Byul is, as she learnt the new phrase, her biological mother. It didn't stop there because as soon as she saw Ms. Lee, she announced to her that Byul definitely shares the same blood as her.

Words cannot fully describe the feeling that she's finally able to call Hwayoung her own, to admit without anyone refuting her claim that she did give birth to her when she was 17. Things with Yunho have been going pretty great, except for the fact that they still sleep in separate bedrooms, and he seems to be cautious around her despite confessing to her a week ago when he saved her from the exploding building. It looks like the rest of them are even more eager seeing their relationship progress than the couple involved.

She arrives at the top of the stairs, hands reaching out to punch in the passcode, but something has been tugging at the back of her head. Like she's supposed to be remembering something...

The passcode is punched in, the keypad turns green to grant her entry and she swings the door open to see Yunho standing under the doorframe, hands shoved into the pockets of his leather jacket, but before he gets to open his mouth, she suddenly remembers something.

"No!" she shouts and widens her eyes.

"No?" A look of dismay comes over Yunho's face and Seonghwa peers from the kitchen to take a look at Byul, in which the oldest's face is full of confusion. "But I haven't even asked you anything and you already said no?"

"What?" she snaps out of her trance as her eyes travel to the fridge. "I shouted no because I forgot to give Hwayoung her fruits for snacking. I cut them up this morning and put them in the fridge, but I didn't take them out when I was sending her." She closes her eyes and slaps her palms to her cheeks lightly. "Ah, I'm so forgetful. I can run back to the kindergarten to give her the fruits."

"I'll come with you," Yunho decides, silently heaving a sigh of relief that it's not the answer to his unasked question. "We can... um, go out together before picking up Hwayoung later."

"Is it a date?" she automatically asks, but grins awkwardly when she realizes how eager she sounded. "I mean, if it's not then-"

"Of course it is, you silly," he replies before walking back to the fridge. "Wait there, you don't have to take off your shoes. I'll take the fruits then we can head out. Is there anything else you'd want to bring along?"

"Nothing else," she shakes her head. "Just you."

Seonghwa has this smirk on as he watches Yunho goes over to the fridge and takes the container with various cut-up fruits. He puts them in a paper bag and secretly excha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter