[act]

Crescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*this chapter contains quite a number of profanities (I mean it's not that much but still more than other chapters & a lot according to my standard lol) so yeah just a heads up 😂😂😂*

"Yes, I love you so much baby. I can't wait to get home and do-"

Yunho makes a point to clear his throat loudly, interrupting Min Gunhoo who's talking on his handphone. The older man is currently on the phone with what they assume as his much, much younger girlfriend whom apparently he loves so much and promised to do anything for and to her.

Anything, that even Yunho and Byul gag at the shameless words that tumble out of his mouth as he talks to her on the phone. The call has been going on for 10 minutes ever since their meeting started, and it doesn't look like it'll end anytime soon. Having had enough of it, Yunho had to intervene, knowing that their ears can't take the intrusion anymore or they will start bleeding.

"You know what, baby. These people are being a bit annoying so I'll call you back later," Gunhoo coos into the phone as Byul resists the urge to mimic his voice, keeping her graceful act as Madam Tang. "Yes, yes baby. You must promise that once I'm home you're all ready on the bed with no clo-"

Seonghwa is the next one to cough, this time looking like he's in a violent fit of coughing as he puts a hand over his chest. He doesn't stop that even Yunho starts to look worried, as the oldest doesn't stop until Gunhoo has ended the call with a glare towards the couple's bodyguard.

What they expect is for Min Gunhoo to be pissed at them for interrupting his lovey-dovey call session with his girlfriend, but he looks relieved as he puts his phone away. He massages his temples before putting his right ankle on his left knee, then weaving his fingers together.

"Women and their love for money. You must be a really lucky man." Gunhoo looks at Yunho for a brief moment before his wild eyes start to eye Byul up and down, "because both of you are a couple with the riches. Surely not the other trying to up the other's wealth. She's such a gorgeous woman too."

"Even with that kind of clown makeup he finds her beautiful and gorgeous? He seriously needs to go and get his eyes checked," Wooyoung passes a comment and Seonghwa bites his lower lip to stop himself from laughing.

Gunhoo's eyes rest on Byul's chest, and she curls her hand into a fist, ready to throw a punch at the man, but she calms back down as she feels Yunho wrapping his fingers around her fist.

"You talk about women like they're objects," Yunho comments, but his tone stays monotonous. However the edge of his tone lifts up as soon as he mentions the next sentence, "Don't talk about my wife with that mouth of yours."

"Easy, man. Are the rumours untrue then?" Gunhoo his eyebrows before smirking. "I thought your wife here would sleep with any man that she does a deal with, and you don't mind because heck, what's one night with some random man, am I right? I wouldn't want to lose this chance when the meal's right in front of my eyes."

"What the actual is this man on?" Hongjoong's voice comes next and he gives an instruction to them, "Aurora and Silver, you have my permission to abort the mission right now, give him a punch or two, or maybe even render him unconscious. I can't hear anything coming out of his mouth anymore. First Madam Tang, then this bastard. What is wrong with these people?"

Seonghwa is even ready to pull out his glock, but Byul steals a glance to him before shrugging.

"Mr. Min, it looks like you need to find a better source for all those rumours. I am in no way a woman like that, and I despise it when people think of me as only a tool to release their insatiety. I am much more than that."

Gunhoo scoffs before looking at Yunho again, in which the latter looks ready to tear him into pieces. He remains unnerved. "Is that true then, Sir Edin? That you would hate to see her sleeping around with another man-"

"You shut your mouth before my fist finds your jaw," Yunho spits.

"Oh-ho, Madam Tang, it looks like your husband right here is pissed off at me for wanting to spend just a harmless and fun night with you. You're used to it so what's more another one with me? Come on, don't be such a spoilsport." He winks, which brings a shiver down their spines and they're not liking the sensation at all.

"Why don't we... talk about this after we finish this deal?" Byul starts to get an idea in her head on how she's going to face this Min Gunhoo as the doorbell to their suite is rung, a signal that San is finally here with the real substance.

"Aurora, what are you trying to do?" Hongjoong asks. "I told you that both of you are allowed to abort this mission right now."

"Trust me," she says lightly, as if it's directed to Gunhoo, but in reality she's assuring Hongjoong that she won't do anything stupid. She saunters over to the door, her back burning as she knows that the scumbag is scanning his eyes over her body, particularly focusing on her lower back.

Yunho and Seonghwa's stares collide, not being able to guess what Byul is planning to do. The oldest keeps his fingers wrapped around the gun, eyeing their opposite party who's looking too smug even without any bodyguard with him and he's currently sitting in his enemy's territory. But even then, he never thought of Madam Tang and Sir Edin as his enemies.

Not yet, at least.

"This substance is the best and it has never been on the market; our company is the first to ever come up with this new, more intense, giving pleasures that you have never experienced before..." she trails off as she opens the door and San is there with the suitcase in hand, looking furious.

San looks like he's about to storm into the room and beat up Min Gunhoo, but as their hands brush against each other as the suitcase is exchanged, he holds himself back. I'll be fine, she tries to relay through her eyes before giving a sincere smile to him and closing the door.

She takes her time to go back to the living room, with Gunhoo looking more eager to see her rather than the suitcase in hand. His next sentence tumbles out, "Must be really worth a lot, the substance. And why did you decide not to have it here and rather have someone else bring it over to you now? Don't trust me one bit, cupcake?"

"Cupcake your ," Mingi growls in their ears. "I can't listen to this stinky man anymore."

"It's a precious substance, of course we don't trust anyone," she replies, making a point to press on the word 'we', implying that this deal is made between Min Gunhoo and the couple, not Madam Tang alone. "My husband and I," she implies again, "don't trust someone that easily."

"Ah, really." He puts a knowing smile on. "I take no offense then, since I'm about to pay you and it will be mine anyway. After that we might have-"

"What's your offer?" she cuts him off, leaning back against the sofa as Yunho naturally puts an arm around her waist and she snuggles up close to him. "Your offer to us?"

Gunhoo tries to remain nonchalant at the couple's sudden display of affection with each other. "Since it's so precious... 700000 chromas for half a kg. 1.4 million for the agreed weight."

"Damn, that's even more than what I offered Madam Tang," Jongho comments. "Can't believe the actual Gunhoo has the guts to be lying straight through his teeth even when his bank accounts are all zero."

Byul pretends to be shocked and sits up straighter as her eyes light up, freeing herself from Yunho's hold.

Her tone of voice changes as soon as she hears the amount coming out of Gunhoo's mouth and the latter smiles. Looks like she took the bait and cynically, he thinks to himself, all women want is money, and they become submissive once they know you have a lot.

"Really, 1.4 mil just for a kg? I'm starting to like you now, Mr. Min," she purrs, but she's restricting herself from puking on the spot as she listens to herself. "Honey," she turns to Yunho, who still has no idea where she's currently going with her plan, "one night won't hurt, will it?" She bats her eyelashes as she taps the tip of her fingers on his nose.

"Uh..." Yunho stays speechless that even Seonghwa tilts his head to the side, confused.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter