[hide]

Crescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There is a beat of awkward silence as Alexander enters Hongjoong's room again, but it's banished immediately as they hear the sound of papers rustling followed by some random keys pressed on the keyboard. "I didn't know you could read music, never seen you around any instruments. Looking to be a musician once you retire from this job?" He comes out of the room, leans against the doorframe and crosses his arms. "See, you guys have a lot to hide. I don't even know what your hobbies are, or what you're good at - well, besides the skills you have to put to use."

"Since when do you ever care what we like or what we don't?" Hongjoong sneers. "It's none of your business."

He taps a finger rhythmically against his temple like he's trying to remember something before sighing, "All 8 of you always manage to make me feel like the outcast."

"That's because you are; you were never even part of us since the start. You sold us off to the Bifidensis while you pledged allegiance to them. You left us to restart our lives in the real world while you stayed by their side like a loyal pet. Look at you now, having such a high position now that you left the team. Before we know it, you'll probably be one of them," Jongho says in one breath. He doesn't give a chance to stay to see what the others' reactions are as he leaves them. He lets them hear the slam of his bedroom door, his act of defiance against him clear.

"Damn, why is your youngest so sensitive today? No, why is everyone so sensitive today? Is it because all of you messed up and now you're stressed? A man is just trying to do his job."

"And that is exactly why you're here. You know that whatever Jongho said was true; you sold us off just so you could escape from becoming like us. Now you're directly under the Bifidensis lapping up their orders," Seonghwa defends the youngest.

"Ah , all of you really can't let it go can you? You hold your resentment for years. It's all in the past; just forget about it. It's not like we can go back."

"If we could you can trust that the first thing I'll do is kill you," Seonghwa snaps. "You better get your out of here as soon as you can before I change my mind and do it now." He extends his arm and motions to the stairs that'll lead to the floor above. "Just do it and get out of here quickly. I don't like it when we have a guest who doesn't know how to take a hint and leave."

"Damn-"

"My house, my rules. Stop playing around and get it over with."

"Fine," he says in defeat.

He turns to the direction of the stairs, looking over his shoulder to observe the three left at the living room. A small smile plays on his lips as he puts his foot on the first step and he thumps up the stairs, taking view of the second floor of the house that is much more spacious than below, where there is just a seating area in the middle surrounded by rooms with closed doors. From his count there are six rooms on the floor, with two on one side and four on the other. There is another set of stairs beside the room to the furthest right, and he guesses it's probably leading to the attic.

The other members are not in sight, probably lounging around in their own rooms. He fiddles with the doorknob of one of the rooms and realizes it's locked. He tries every door and much to his annoyance, every single one is locked. He raises a hand to knock on one door that is sandwiched between the four rooms, impatiently knocking on it repeatedly but still, the door remains shut.

It sounds like he will break down the door until he hears the voice of someone behind him, and he turns around to spot a shirtless Wooyoung standing at the door of his bedroom, his toned body exposed and his shoulder-length hair let down and wet. Wooyoung has a look of disapproval on his face, shaking his head and clucking his tongue.

"Out of all the people they could've sent, they chose you. How disappointing," Wooyoung says, scratching his cheek. "I was hoping for a new face, though. Not some old stinky that pisses me off every time."

"Nice to see you again too Ju-"

"Don't bother saying my name, anything that comes out of your mouth smells."

"Oh, so it's you whom they decided to send here," comes another voice from the room beside Wooyoung's. It's San, still in his sleeping attire, chewing on some gum noisily. "Coming here to do your inspection? You're very welcomed to." He bows exaggeratedly, smiling widely to show off his dimples as he sweeps his arms to present his room's interior. "Feel free to look around but don't steal anything." He winks.

Feeling increasingly disrespected the more time he spends at their dorm, he walks past without a word, finding nothing out of the ordinary and only behaving like a fool as they look on, some satisfied grins plastered on their faces.

"Find anything that you fancy?" San asks.

"Not yet," he answers through gritted teeth. "Why are all of the rooms locked? Who else would be here?"

"Did you forget about our other member though? You know, the one who wears glasses and is tall like a giraffe-"

"All of you are enjoying making me act like a complete fool, aren't you? Now you're teasing around because I'm alone but if the Bifidensis ever gets to you, you'll be shaking like a leaf and bowing down at their feet," Alexander shouts.

San and Wooyoung look at each other before bursting into laughter, the former making a point to wipe away the tears at the corner of his eyes. He dabs it with his sleeve before replying, "We don't make you act like one, you are one, Alexander. Just like how you were then when you decided to forsake our group just so you could save your . Why are you so mad? Lig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter