how to not make your gf mad

My Youtuber Girlfriend

 

 

“Hello everyone. Jung Eunji here. I am in trouble.” The Youtuber announced the moment she switched on the camera and showed the bustling streets of Hongdae around her. She approached her best friend, Bomi who just exited out of the internet café and laughed nervously. “Actually, both of us are.”

 

The two friends spent three whole hours playing video games at the internet cafe. Particularly: PUBG. Put in a tight spot, they had to fight their way to survive and win that chicken dinner. The duo was not satisfied until they won. But winning was put at a cost.

 

“Of course, chicken dinner is very important for the both of us. But then, we completely forgot about our girlfriends.” Eunji said, to which Bomi sighed and shook her head in response. “We ignored all of their text messages and we are pretty much screwed.” Nudging her best friend, “So, let’s show you guys how to not make your girlfriend mad!”

 

The two were rather optimistic, even though what they had planned was probably impossible to do. They were going to buy a bouquet of specially arranged flowers. But with 10pm approaching the night, chances are, florists are already closing their doors. So, the two best friends attempt to run through the Hongdae crowd, in search of the closest florist based on the GPS.

 

“Crap!” Bomi shouted as she was met with a closed sign. The shop has all gone dark. Squishing her face against the window, she’s like a lost puppy, staring intently at all the flowers inside. Eunji laughed at her friend and filmed her on camera. “Everyone. This is Yoon Bomi in real life. Cute, right?”

 

“What’s the plan now?” Bomi turned to Eunji, “The next nearest florist is freaking twenty minutes away.” The Youtuber didn’t want to give up that easily and gave a fist bump to her friend. “Then we will go there, by foot! Come on, Bom-ah!”

 

As the best friends began an unnecessary twenty-minute walk that burned their calories, they began to talk about how they first met. The two Youtubers were well-aware that subscribers were fascinated at their friendship and almost thought that they were rivals in the beginning. Bomi and Eunji were in fact, high school friends. Although the paths they took in college were different, Youtube brought them back on track.

 

“Oh my god!” Bomi almost punched Eunji out of excitement as she dashed to the still, lit florist. “It’s open! It’s really open! Thank the gods!” She clasped her hands together in a prayer. “Go inside before people start staring at you.” Eunji laughed, pushing Bomi into the shop.

 

Greeting the owner with a polite bow, the best friends were very honest with their request. “We need the flowers because we made our girlfriends mad.” And the owner seemed to sympathize their situation very well. “It will take time for me to prepare the flowers. So, while you wait, you can write an apology letter.” The man laughed, handing two small cards to Bomi and Eunji as he went behind the counter to work.

 

Now squeezed together at a table, Bomi and Eunji were in deep thought as to what to write. It would be a bad move if they wrote something cheesy nor writing a long, chucky paragraph. It has to be something short and sweet.

 

“Wow, you’re so serious in this.” Bomi laughed, seeing how Eunji’s expression suddenly became focused as she picked up the pen and started writing something. “I’m being genuinely sorry with all my heart.” Eunji replied, Hey, don’t copy me.” She nudged her friend, noticing that Bomi was peeking over at her letter.

 

 

Dear Chorong.

 

I want to apologize for not answering your messages. As you know, in PUBG, chicken dinner is very important and I am sorry that I put the chicken first before you. I will vow with my whole life to never do that again. I love you. Please accept my flower. Also, let’s go on a chicken date.

 

From, Meungji.

 

 

With the letter complete, Eunji received the small bouquet of flowers that was prepared by the owner. It wasn’t anything fancy or grand. Just a simple basket with a few stalks of roses. Perfect. As the two friends gave their thanks to the owner and eventually split ways, they wished each other good luck.

 

“Bom-ah, please don’t be idiot and just say I love you. It’s the best thing you can do.”

 

“I know, I know.” Bomi laughed. “Naeun will love my flowers. Good luck to you. Chorong is going to be hard.”

 

Taking the last train to Gangnam, Eunji went by foot from the station to Chorong’s apartment home. Knowing that it would be a terrible idea to knock onto her door at this hour, especially with her parents present, the Youtuber lingered around the lobby and dialed Chorong’s number. It picks up after three rings.

 

“What?”

 

Sensing her slightly pissed tone, “Come down~” Eunji replied her with the sweetest tone possible. The latter replied with a cold “Okay,” and the line got cut. Pacing back and forth, trying to hide the basket of flowers behind her back, Eunji finally catches Chorong coming out from the elevator.

 

“Why did you come all the way here?! How are you going to go back?”

 

As always, her girlfriend is the first to bombard her with a lot of questions. After all, it’s a working weekday. Eunji lives at the other side of town and at this hour, she probably has to take a cab back.

 

“Before I answer those questions…” Eunji brought out the basket of flowers that she was hiding behind. “Ta-da~” She chimed with a smile, “I’m sorry for ignoring your messages baby. Please accept this.”

 

“Oh my.” Chorong gasped as she took it. Staring at it for a moment as she read the short letter, she stared at Eunji, wondering whether to hit her for wasting money again, or to hug her for the sweetest thing she just did.

 

“Is that all?” Eunji asked, “Just oh my?” She said, imitating the way Chorong covered with her hands. “After I went all the way to buy the flowers for you?”

 

“I mean, it’s pretty. I like it.” Chorong looked at the flowers again. “Thank you.” She smiled at her softly.

 

“Are you still mad at me?”

 

Chorong shook her head. Looking around to make sure there was no one else in the lobby, she planted a quick peck on Eunji’s cheek.

 

“Now, go home. It’s late.”

 

The Youtuber grinned widely, satisfied with the response. Pulling her into a hug, “Okay. I’ll do as you say. Good night.” She said, finally leaving and waving Chorong goodbye.

 

As she walked down the steps of her apartment home and out into the chilly night, Eunji adjusted her camera and gave a thumbs up. “Mission, success!”

 

--