cover project

My Youtuber Girlfriend

 

Before Eunji sprang into fame as a homoual Youtuber who made cute videos with her girlfriend, she was originally known for her mesmerizing vocal covers. Of course, even now, she still does it. But the ones that give her the most views nowadays are the ones featuring the love of her life.

 

But singing has always been Eunji’s passion and it doesn’t stop her. After scrolling through the comments from the latest video, many subscribers have been asking and wondering if there were any thoughts for both Eunji and Chorong to cover a song together.

 

Now, that was something to think about. Whenever they went for karaoke dates, the two would hog the mike and often choose the songs that featured a duo. It was not like Chorong was bad at singing or tone deaf. Her girlfriend too, had her own fair share of singing talents.

 

It’s just that she wasn’t the type to belt out long, jaw-dropping, powerful notes like Eunji. Chorong’s singing style was more on the softer end, sweet and light. But that made it the more reason why they were the perfect combination. A great mix between two distinctive vocal colours.

 

And so, Eunji brought up the idea one time at dinner and Chorong was at first, shy but she was interested to do it. With two minds thinking together, the couple brainstormed the number of songs that they could cover. It could be an English pop song, a slow ballad or even an energetic K-pop song. Putting it new song suggestions and taking some out, it was hard to come to a conclusion.

 

But at last, a decision was finally set.

 

Eunji and Chorong were going to cover Anne Marie’s 2002.

 

And it was the perfect match. Not only because of the meaning behind its lyrics. But because the two of them genuinely loved the song. There was passion and intrigue to sing.

 

It takes the couple their weekend nights to practice singing. Chorong can’t help but to stare deeply at Eunji as she sang the first couple lines, even effortlessly hitting the whistle tones that made her clap.

 

“Wow…I’m not your girlfriend right now. I’m just a fan.” She joked, clasping her hands together as Eunji laughed shyly, nonetheless still continuing to sing as she stared at the phone to review the lyrics.

 

“Of the days when we were young~” Eunji hummed, finishing her turn as she handed the phone to her girlfriend.

 

Noticing how Chorong suddenly became nervous, the Youtuber just realized that this was the first time she was going to sing in front of her. Like a serenade. The thought makes butterflies fly around her stomach but Eunji decides to gaze sweetly at Chorong as she listened to her voice resonating in the living room.

 

“Now we’re under the covers~ fast forward to eighteen,” Chorong swayed to the beat, occasionally looking at Eunji and the phone, “We are more than lovers~”

 

“Of course,” Eunji playfully replied to her, almost making her girlfriend to lose focus but Chorong kept on. “Yeah, we are all we need. When we’re holding each other,” She reached out to catch Eunji’s arm to which the latter smiled widely, “I’m taken back to 2002~” Her part is finished and the Youtuber can’t help but to lean forward and press lightly on her lips.

 

“You did great. And also, you would be eleven and I would be nine in 2002.” Eunji grinned, “I can’t imagine what happened if we met as kids. Would we be the same?” She asked in thought, hands still locked to one another. “We will. I’m sure of it.” Chorong nodded with agreement, “If we met earlier, then maybe I wouldn’t have to look for love that could hurt me. I could just be with you…forever.”

 

“Aww…” Eunji knew what she meant. Knowing how Chorong experienced an awful first love that ended up in an affair, it makes her want to cherish their love even more. Pulling her into a hug and her hair, the couple shared a brief moment of intimacy before returning to singing the song.

 

It takes them two weeks of preparation until it was finally D-Day. Renting out a small recording studio with the help of Bomi’s connections, Eunji and Chorong were arriving with their cameras and began to set everything up. All that’s left now is to record and sing the cover together.

 

“Why am I feeling nervous?” Eunji laughed, jumping up and down as a means to let those feelings run away. “I don’t even feel this nervous when I sing my other covers.”

 

“It must be me.” Chorong joked, “I make you nervous, don’t I?” Eunji looked at her girlfriend and eventually found her hands cupping her squishy cheeks. “Yes, you do. You always make me nervous.” She cooed, kissing her nose bridge. “Let’s get ready to record.”

 

Following her girlfriend as she did her vocal warmups and checking back to lyrics, hoping that she won’t forget it halfway through the recording, Eunji pressed the button and walked into the recording booth with Chorong. Waiting for the cue, the music slowly begins to play with the strum of the guitar.

 

And it began.

 

Occasionally stealing glances to each other as the couple cutely swayed their body to the rhythm, holding tight on the headphones wrapped around as their shoulders brushed it other, Chorong and Eunji sang through the song without any mistakes. It was a perfect one-take.

 

Going back to check on the footage, the couple watched with amazement. They also laughed at each other because it was so obvious how nervous they looked on camera. But it was good. Their voices matched so well and they were satisfied.

 

Their first cover project together as a couple was a great success.

 

 

  • Oh my god can you imagine hearing heaven the first thing in the morning. I want to see them sing more covers together!
  • Look at how they were glancing at each other, that is just so cute arghhh
  • I’m officially their fan now. What’s their group name hehe
  • I'm suddenly sad that this video isn't even four minutes long. sobs give me more...
  • More surprised that Chorong can sing! They would make an amazing duo!
  • Can you imagine the power if they released their own song together. Like not a cover but an actual song or even album?? I’ll buy!
  • Like if you think Anne Marie’s 2002 lyrics are actually a narration of their love story.

 

 

 

 

--

A/N: Check out this fan-made video of Eunrong singing to Anne Marie's 2002 together here!