when she's jealous

My Youtuber Girlfriend

 

The last time Eunji pulled that “mean” prank on Chorong, this left her shedding tears and somewhat not wanting to talk to her for the next two days. She later forgave her after receiving endless amounts of kisses, cuddles and movie dates.

 

But still, a prank is still a prank. Even though it was for fun, it hurts. Chorong was never the type to encourage this or even continue the saga by pulling another prank on Eunji. She calls it childish play.

 

That is…until she hears a rather interesting story from Bomi.

 

“Eunji’s so funny. I joked about introducing some of my male co-workers to you and she got super jealous.”

 

“Really? I don’t think I’ve ever seen her like that.” Chorong widened her eyes as she chuckled, trying to imagine what her face might look like.

 

On days when Eunji has classes or is busy attending social parties, Bomi often takes over to chill and chat. Most of the times, its with Naeun. But today, it’s just the two of them.

 

Their friendship is easy to describe.  Bomi often runs into a lot of relationship problems with her girlfriend Naeun, but that’s mostly her being super dense and not getting the gist of the situation. So, that’s where Chorong comes in as the mediator and fixes their problems.

 

“Oh, I have a great idea!” Bomi clapped her hands at that thought. “You can pull a prank on Eunji and make her jealous! I’ll help out!”

 

“…What? A prank? Again?”

 

Chorong wasn’t too pleased with that idea, knowing that Eunji won’t back down when she’s pranked again and she certainly, does not want to deal with whatever revenge that goes in that Youtuber’s creative head.

 

“You guys have been dating for what- two years already and even live under the same roof! Yet, there’s still so many sides of Eunji that you haven’t seen! It’s time to stop seeing the good sides of Eunji, and see the bad ones.” Bomi winked, “You may think this is a terrible idea but you’re going to thank me later!”

 

Chorong narrowed her eyes at Bomi, somewhat unconvinced. However, a thought did pass by about how fun it would be to tease Eunji. After all, it’s always the other way around. She’s had enough playing victim.

 

“Fine.” Chorong crossed her arms and leaned back to the seat. “How are you going to make Eunji jealous?”

 

It starts with one weekend, when Bomi arranges a “meet-up” with the couple to tell Eunji something “important”.

 

“You what?”

 

“Come on Eunji, it’s work. So, you can’t come along.” Bomi tried her best to hide her smug smile. “After all, I picked Chorong because she’s the best photographer around. Need the best pictures for my upcoming fanmeeting you know?”

 

Bomi is in the midst of preparing a fanmeeting with 2,500 of her subscribers. Her popularity has shot high in the past years and the Youtuber has plans to showcase a different side of her.

 

“…Alright, fine.” Eunji sighed, eventually agreeing to the idea. She agreed because Chorong was getting paid anyway and that more work experience would be good for her girlfriend’s portfolio. If it wasn’t work, there was no way she will agree to this.

 

Her best friend will be taking Chorong to Jeju Island for a whole week. Yikes. Even though she’s slowly gotten used to her girlfriend travelling often, but she can’t seem to let her go every single time.

 

Eunji isn’t even at all aware that she basically signed herself up into a prank that will make her very jealous.

 

“Baby, do you think I am developing separation anxiety?”

 

Eunji mumbled as she curled her body towards Chorong, bringing her close to her chest as she took a whiff of her lavender-scented hair. The couple were lazing in bed, the morning before the Jeju trip. Chorong’s luggage is still lying in the open, clothes half-packed and camera charging at the wall.

 

“No, you’re not.” Chorong pecked a kiss on Eunji’s forehead and brushed her fingers across her girlfriend’s hair. “Hey, let’s save up and celebrate our third anniversary with a trip to Jeju.”

 

“You mean it?” Eunji’s eyes immediately glistened with intrigue. If she was a puppy right now, her tail would be wagging excitedly. Chorong nodded in reply, somewhat enjoying a clingy Eunji by her side.

 

She’s going to cherish this moment just lying in bed with her, arms tightly wrapped around hers as Eunji doesn’t want to let her go and how Eunji’s been talking very sweetly around her by using a tone that she rarely hears anymore.

 

For once, it’s nice to have her like this. A clingy girlfriend is way better than a girlfriend who teases her all day.

 

Now, a full week in Jeju Island meant there was a lot to be done. Driving to far places, heading into the crowds and getting the right shots, it’s really just a business relationship. Nothing more.

 

But the two made sure to do something “extra” that was sure to make Eunji go mad jealous. According to Bomi’s mastermind plan, the two decided to wear matching shirts and posed together. They purposely clung onto each other’s arms and made them look like they were a couple. And the best part of this plan: they shared them on social media.

 

“Okay, they are uploaded! Now, we wait!”

 

Bomi grinned, somewhat excited but also nervous. She knows Eunji. The moment her best friend sees those photos, she’s either going to scold or threaten her. Well, maybe both. At least she doesn’t have to worry about Naeun as she was already told beforehand.

 

“She’s going to get mad, isn’t she?”

 

Chorong chuckled as she scrolled through her Instagram feed, seeing the likes grow in numbers. Reading through the comments, she finds it funny how her followers are smart to get the situation and went along with their plan by talking about how cute she and Bomi are. That is sure to get Eunji very, very jealous.

 

Returning to their hotel, Chorong and Bomi had separate rooms—as part of Eunji’s request. It has been about an hour since the upload and Chorong is surprised that Eunji hasn’t even called her yet. She thought she would.

 

After a shower, the photographer went back to her phone and found that Eunji commented on her post.

 

What the.

 

It’s a simple comment but it leaves Chorong laughing. She can already imagine the look on Eunji’s face. The photographer replies her.

 

Are you jealous?

 

Instead of getting an answer, she gets a call.

 

Flustered as she’s holding her buzzing phone, Chorong won’t be able to expect anything at all. Knowing Eunji, she would either be angry or whining at her for going along with Bomi’s Jeju trip. Maybe it will be better to ignore her call.  

 

But Chorong can’t do that. She misses her girlfriend.

 

“Hi baby~”

 

“…”

 

“Baby? Are you jealous?”

 

Chorong giggled, taking the silence as a clear hint that the prank worked. She made sure to turn the camera on so that she can record all this and put the phone on loud speaker.

 

“That’s so unfair.”

 

“What is?”

 

“Bomi might be my best friend but that doesn’t mean you guys can do stuff like that! People are going to think that you’re a couple!”

 

“Eunji, people already know that Bomi is dating Naeun. They would never think that way. It’s just you.”

 

“No. That’s not- fine.”

 

Seeing how Eunji immediately gave up on arguing with her, it makes Chorong smile widely.

 

“So, answer my question. Are you jealous?”

 

“…”

 

“If you’re not, does that mean I can continue going around Jeju Island, taking photos with Bomi and wearing matching shirts together-“

 

“No! I mean-“ Eunji sighed. “Fine.” She clicked her tongue. “I am jealous. There. You happy now?” The heavy emphasis on her tone was far too obvious.

 

Chorong flashed a thumbs up at the camera, hinting it, a mission success. “Aww, is that so?” She pulled in the cutesy tone which she rarely uses, “This is the first time I have seen my dear girlfriend jealous. You really fell for the prank, huh?”

 

“Wait…what?”

 

Hearing their conversation, Bomi busted into the hotel room and snatched the phone away from Chorong’s hand.

 

“Gotcha!! Ha! I knew this whole plan would work! If only I saw that stupid jealous face of yours, I’m totally gonna take a picture of it and spam it all over my Instagram!”

 

“Wha- you! Hey! Yoon Bomi! This is your idea?! You , I’m going to-“

 

“Actually, it’s my idea, baby. Don’t blame Bomi for this.”

 

“Oh…I see, look at you guys protecting one another and getting all close and chummy after one trip to Jeju Island. Hmph.”

 

And with that, Eunji cut the line off. Bomi exchanged a worried glance with Chorong, wondering if she may have overdone it but Chorong reassured her that Eunji will call her back later.

 

Boy, she was right. Thirty minutes after, Eunji called Chorong again.

 

“Please tell me Yoon Bomi isn’t with you right now.”

 

“Nope. It’s just you and me, baby.” Chorong chuckled, heading over to lock the hotel room door and crashing into the single bed. “Sorry baby. It was a prank and I got everything on camera. This is actually payback for what you did back then.”

 

Eunji sighed heavily into the phone. “Pranks can be really scary huh?”

 

“Are you going to pull another revenge prank on me?”

 

“No. I admit defeat. Let’s not continue this prank saga. It’s too much for me to handle, really.”

 

Chorong smiled, somewhat happy to hear that because honestly, she doesn’t want to continue this prank saga either. While it does test the boundaries of their relationship to an extent, but she’s grown tired knowing that they will end up hurting each other as a result.

 

“I’ll be coming back tomorrow so don’t worry baby.”

 

“But don’t you have work the next day?”

 

“It’s a lie. I actually have the whole week off because I wanted to spend it with you. I only wanted to tell you after you fell for the prank.”

 

“…”

 

“Eunji?”

 

“Sorry, I was just smiling really widely just now. You silly girl, how dare you lie to me?”

 

Chorong laughed as she rolled around her bed, “Hey, video call me. I want to see you.”

 

“Nope. You’re gonna have to wait until you see me in person tomorrow. That’s what you get for almost giving me a heart attack today.”

 

Chorong rolled her eyes, somewhat not surprised. “Fine, baby.”

 

 

 

--

A/N: Inspired from Eunrong's recent flirting on Instagram hehe