valentines

My Youtuber Girlfriend

 

 

Love is in the air.

 

It’s that season again where couples flourish and the singles suffer. As part of their yearly tradition, Chorong and Eunji pretend that it isn’t Valentines Day. The reason is simple, so that each one can prepare their own surprises. Their morning starts like any other ordinary day, except, just for today, the cameras are switched on.

 

For viewers, they are given a pleasant sight of what the couple’s daily life is portrayed on their screens. Chorong wakes up first and brews coffee for the two. She’s indeed the perfect housewife material, clearing waste from last night, wiping the tables clean and opening the curtains wide. Meanwhile, Eunji is still asleep. Her body hasn’t moved since the beginning of the video.

 

“Babe, wake up. You have vocal classes today.” Chorong comes into the room, crawling onto the bed and kissing her forehead. Eunji groans but later, smiles as she wakes up to her girlfriend in front of her eyes. Of course, the Youtuber can’t resist to peck in return.

 

Chorong leaves when Eunji rises from the mattress as she starts to make breakfast. The Youtuber scratches her head and finds the camera positioned from the shelf. She waves cutely and mumbles a “good morning” to her viewers, before disappearing into the bathroom. Eunji returns back with a towel wrapped around her shoulders, hair wet and hand brushing her teeth.

 

The Youtuber peeks outside and sees that Chorong is still cooking. So, she whispers to the camera.

 

“Today is Valentines’ Day. But we always pretend that we forgot about it so that we can plan surprises for each other.” She giggles while continuing to brush her teeth. “Thing is, this is our third year doing Valentines and I think Chorong is already sick with me doing big, touching events. So, for this time, I’m going to go simple.”

 

Eunji stops when she hears Chorong telling her that breakfast is served. She replies with an “okay” and rushes back into the bathroom. The video cuts to the dining table as the Youtuber shows off her girlfriend’s cooking skills. Although the meal is very simple, with some toast, bacon and scrambled eggs, but Eunji thinks its on the bar of a luxurious hotel standard.

 

Breakfast continues with speed-up conversations of the couple, talking about various things. Whether it’s about work or random occurrences in their life, the topic of Valentines never comes up. Chorong and Eunji finish their meals and wash the dishes together. They show great teamwork with Eunji soaping them, Chorong runs them under the water and hands it back to Eunji who dries it and puts it back into place.

 

Viewers joke that they are the “power couple”, who are undefeatable in nature.

 

“Will you be coming home at the usual time tonight?” Chorong asks as she wears on her backpack and checks her camera. Eunji nods in reply, “Usual time. Won’t be late at all.” She giggles and kisses Chorong again on the cheek. The couple leave together at the same time.

 

Taking the elevator downstairs, walking down the path until they part ways upon the T-road junction, saying goodbye is always hard. But the thought of seeing each other again at the end of the day, always helps.  

 

Now, viewers would think that Chorong and Eunji would go about their lives, working normally. But it doesn’t. Because it’s Valentines Day. The camera suddenly cuts back to their empty house as the door suddenly opens. No, it’s not the Youtuber. But the Youtuber’s girlfriend who returns back to the house, running towards the camera that she hid.

 

“Hi. No, I did not accidentally leave this camera on.” Chorong talks to the camera as she puts down her things. “In fact, I’m not going to work today. I lied to Eunji.” She shows a cute peace sign and thinks her plan is working. “Bomi said that since its Valentines Day, she gave me a special day off.”

 

Chorong proceeds to explain that her surprise plan for Eunji is to bake a cake. Yup. The thing is, she’s never done this before and she’s been wanting to do so, for a really long time. It’s something very simple and sweet. A Valentines gift created with her own love and hard work. And so, she takes along the camera and brings viewers the entire journey of her baking process.

 

As for Eunji, the Youtuber goes for her vocal classes. She doesn’t come back home like what Chorong did. Instead, she has her own Valentine ideas. It could be romantic, but Eunji thinks it’s embarrassing to do. Even so, she has been practicing for the past three months. It should be good.

 

Eunji’s valentine present to Chorong, isn’t the usual chocolates or bouquet of flowers. She composed a song for her, with just her vocals and piano.

 

When she greets her teacher, the man has agreed to help her out with the recording. It isn’t going to be a simple press-the-phone, three-minute audio file. There isn’t enough love, or at least, that’s what Eunji says. Instead, she bought an empty CD-casing and plans to actually burn her song recording inside, so that it can be kept for memory. But first, classes.

 

“Baking is a lot of work. Lots of respects to all the bakers out there.” Chorong says to the camera as she’s stirring the mix. She thought it would be easy, just by following the instructions. But baking requires skill and accuracy. “Ugh, my arm is starting to hurt.” The woman groans as she stops for a moment.

 

For Valentines, Chorong has chosen to bake a chocolate cake with cream on top. Sounds simple. But it isn’t. “Should I add a bit more? It doesn’t look like it’ll be enough…” The woman mumbles as she stares at the cocoa bottle. “But I should listen to the paper, right? No extras. Plus, Eunji doesn’t like it when its too sweet.”

 

To viewers, they might find it adorable of Chorong just talking to herself, contemplating on what to do and pacing around the kitchen. Time passes like that and at last, Chorong places the cake into the oven as it starts to bake.

 

She sighs when she turns around to see the mess. It’s not over yet. But she exhales and remains motivated, nodding her head and proceeds to clean. Halfway through, Chorong wants to give up. But she won’t. Simply because she thinks about how happy Eunji would be, to have a cake delivered, made with all of her love.

 

“Do you think a cake is enough for Valentines?” Chorong asks the camera again, that obviously doesn’t respond to her. She hums in deep thought, knowing that Eunji likes to do big things for the special day. Maybe a cake is small in comparison to hers. “But we always get flowers all the time.” She says, as if the camera talked to her.

 

Suddenly, Chorong claps her hands at an idea. “Oh! I should get some wine!” She starts browsing through the phone. Of course, she isn’t going to get an expensive, rare wine. That’s totally out of her budget and that will just make Eunji sad. The Youtuber doesn’t like it whenever money is put into the picture.

 

“Is it possible to make home-made wine within five hours?” Chorong sighs as her feet taps in thought. The answer, yes. All she has to do is take another trip to the supermarket, get some grapes, honey, yeast. But the problem is, wine doesn’t develop within a day. Chorong has to preserve the wine for a couple of days, or even months until Eunji can taste it.

 

But she goes along with the idea. She loves the fact that to prepare a Valentines gift that requires so much of patience and perseverance, is exactly the kind of meaning she wants to put.

 

While waiting for the cake to bake, Chorong starts to make the wine and refers to the Internet for help. Indeed, Google is her best friend. She feels more at ease, now that she has not one, but two Valentine presents for Eunji. Love truly makes one think out of the box.

 

Back at the studio, Eunji gets ready in the booth. She warms up , doing vocal exercises as she stares at the paper, lyrics written with the thoughts of Chorong in mind. She already pre-recorded the piano chords earlier on, so all that’s left is her singing then, mixing and burn all that into the CD.

 

“Ready?” Her teacher speaks through the headphones. Eunji gives a thumbs up over the window as the light turns red, signalling that the recording session is now, live.

 

The Youtuber listens into the beginning intro of keys playing through, they are light, bright and cheerful. This is a happy song after all. Eunji takes note of the rhythm and takes a deep breath.

 

Today, I don’t have any plans. So, it’s the day I want to go out and walk,

Just because there’s nowhere to go, I’m out of my mind.

Usually, I’ll stay still. I’ll lie down under the blanket.

But for some reason today, I’m here with the wind that blew,

You don’t know how excited I am,

At last, I’m walking with you,

Even if it’s a little late, hm hm hm hm~

 

 

As the song draws to a close, her teacher gives an approval nod and motions her to come out of the booth. Eunji sits and listens to the recording. Surely, not everything is perfect on the first try. So, for the next couple of hours, Eunji goes in and out, trying to ensure that the song is perfect.

 

As the sun sets, its about time for her to head home and, the CD is complete. She notices that there isn’t a cover so she randomly tears a page from her notebook, writes the song title name, “Be with Me by Jung Eunji” and then cutely draws two stick-man holding hands, symbolizing her and Chorong.

 

She thanks her teacher for the help and rushes home. It’s Valentines Day but it always makes her excited. Not just the thought of Chorong’s reaction of the gift, but also what Chorong has prepared for hers. Eunji sends a running emoji to her girlfriend, indirectly telling her that she’s on the way home. Chorong replies with a heart emoji. This makes Eunji smile while on the train.

 

Chorong rushes to pack the cake into a box that she randomly bought at Daiso. It fits. She proceeds to tie a red ribbon around it and takes a photo. The woman plans to upload it later on Instagram once the surprise is over. Excited and nervous for Eunji’s return, Chorong paces around the house, occasionally checking her phone and then, the door. She also looks out the window, even though she won’t be able to see Eunji from so high up.

 

Minutes later, the door beeps with the keypad. Chorong scurries to the entrance and eagerly waits for Eunji.

 

“Hi.”

 

Eunji’s eyes meet Chorong the moment the door opens. She can’t help but to grin widely. The Youtuber also notices that Chorong is wearing an apron. This makes her wonder whether Chorong cooked up a massive dinner feast for Valentines or baked something. She thinks it’s the latter.

 

“…Hi.”

 

“What’s that?” Chorong asks, as she sees the bag Eunji is carrying. It wasn’t there when she left in the morning.

 

Eunji smiles and kisses Chorong’s cheek. “What do you think it is?” This makes her giggle as the couple move to the dining table.

 

“Wow.” Eunji sees the box decorated cutely with the ribbon, resting on the table. “You made something.”

 

“Do you want me to start first, or you want to start first?” Chorong asks as she walks to the box.

 

Eunji grins. “Last year, I did it first. So, this time, it’s your turn.”

 

“Okay.” Chorong shrugs and hands the box to her. “Open it.”

 

The Youtuber carefully unties the ribbon, hating that she had to ruin the look. She gasps as she sees a chocolate cake sitting inside, with the cream written as “Happy Valentines Day”.

 

“You bought this right?” Eunji jokes. Chorong frowns and gently slaps her shoulder. “Of course not!”

 

“I’m just playing with you.” Eunji laughs as she kisses Chorong again. “Thank you. It’s lovely. I remember you said that you wanted to try baking. But never had the chance to.”

 

“That’s not the end of my Valentine presents though?”

 

“Oh?” Eunji raises her eyebrows as she watches Chorong walk to the kitchen counter and opening the cupboard. She brings out a glass jar filled with a dark, purple liquid.

 

The Youtuber blinks, trying to figure out what it is.

 

“It’s homemade wine.”

 

Immediately, Eunji’s eyes glistened in pure delight and happiness. Chorong knows that her girlfriend loves alcohol. But she also knows that Eunji doesn’t want her to keep spending money on expensive wine. To make their own wine, is relatively cheaper and it will definitely taste better when it’s made with love.

 

“You’re the best.” Eunji hugs Chorong as she takes a closer look at the glass jar. “I’m guessing it will take months until we get a taste of this.” Her girlfriend nodded in reply as she put it back inside the cupboard for it to ferment. She turns around and looks at the Youtuber with anticipation.

 

Eunji takes out the bag and puts it on the table. She smiles and asks, “What do you think is inside?”

 

“I don’t know.” Chorong says as she looks at the bag. It isn’t too bag nor too small. Knowing Eunji, her presents are always hard to guess. “Is it food?” She shakes her head. “A decorative item?” She shakes her head again.

 

The Youtuber hands the bag to Chorong and motions for her to open it. Chorong puts her hand inside and catches hold of the CD case. Her eyes widen as she takes it out, seeing the cutely drawn cover and the song title.

 

“You’ve got to be joking.”

 

Eunji shakes her head with a proud smile. “No. I’m not. In fact, I’ve been working on this for the past three months. Coming out with the lyrics, the piano chords, all while thinking about you.” She points to the television equipped with a player. “Want to hear it?”

 

Chorong nods as she goes over, turns the television on and inserts the CD inside. Eunji makes sure that the volume is up as the couple relax on the couch, watching the loading screen turn until the song starts to play.

 

Eunji looks on quietly as Chorong closes her eyes, paying all of her attention on the song, the lyrics and the amount of love her girlfriend has put into this song. It’s like she’s serenading her. The song has a bright, happy tune, something that perfectly describes their current relationship.

 

Three minutes pass and the song draws to a close.

 

“How’s the song?” Eunji asks carefully, waiting for the final verdict. It’s fine even if it’s bad. This was her first time composing something so it won’t be perfect.

 

Chorong gives Eunji the brightest smile ever as she adorably scrunches her nose. “I love it! I’m going to play it in the car when I drive to work everyday!”

 

“Are you sure? One song on repeat? You’re going to get sick.” Eunji scoffs.

 

“I get to hear you sing for me all the time.” Chorong giggles, “Although I think listening to it on repeat might be too much. But I really love the song. Thank you for this, Eunji.”

 

And that makes Eunji jump straight to cloud nine. She gently wraps her arms around Chorong’s waist, lifts her up and lets the woman straddle her. The couple kiss softly and slowly, expressing their love for one another, on the day of love.

 

“Happy Valentines Day baby.” Eunji pulls back with a grin, rubbing her nose against Chorong’s.

 

Her girlfriend laughs as they press their forehead together.

 

“Happy Valentines Day.”

 

 

-

 


a/n: happy sweet valentines day everyone~ whether you're single or in a relationship, spend today with some super aww sweet eunrong fluff <3 also, the song eunji sang to chorong, is be with me, feat 10cm. it's a cute song & seemed perfect to serenade Chorong with, hehe