life update

My Youtuber Girlfriend

 

It has been a long time since Eunji uploaded videos with her girlfriend, Chorong. Going back to her regular song covers and occasional vlogs of just her, viewers were beginning to speculate and wonder if they broke up.

 

But all of those rumours were cleared when fans pointed out that the couple still follow each other on social media. Aware of the comments that flooded her feed every day, the Youtuber has been waiting for the right time to explain.

 

Today is the day.

 

“Hi guys, it’s been awhile since I’ve made a video like this.” Eunji greeted the camera with a wave. Sitting behind an empty wall as she wore a typical oversized hoodie, the Youtuber was very careful with her words. “First of all, this isn’t a video about me quitting Youtube. It’s also not an announcement about us breaking up. It’s just a simple life update.”

 

Clasping her hands together as she wondered where to start, “I know people have been really curious and also worried about why I’ve stopped uploading videos with Chorong.”

 

This happened after Eunji’s birthday.

 

Well besides the hot, night they had, the morning after a calm beginning. The two had a serious talk over breakfast. Discussing about their future, the Youtuber insisted that they could no longer hide their relationship from their families anymore. While Eunji’s parents are well-aware and thankfully supportive, Chorong’s family comes from the conservative side…meaning it will be a very difficult path to cross.

 

After much convincing and encouragement, Chorong and Eunji decided to plan a day to visit her girlfriend’s house with her family members present. That included her father, mother and sisters. Yup, they were either digging their own graves or actually getting somewhere.

 

And…it was not the happy ending the couple hoped for.

 

Passing through rounds of arguments that ensued, loud shouts of her father, cries from her mother, slamming of the doors and luckily, no other show of violence, it was settled.

 

The day Chorong came out to her parents, she was disowned by her family.

 

It was a sad turn but the couple knew it was a sooner or later thing.

 

Chorong was aware that at one point of her life, she will have to choose; her family or the love of her life. She chose Eunji. And despite her father using slurs and insults that was enough to bring all of her self-esteem down, Eunji was with Chorong the whole time.

 

Cuddling alone in the Youtuber’s apartment, they spent days in silence. They refused to go out. In the day, they cried in each others arms. At night, they made up to one another with light kisses, embraces and of hair. Time healed the wounds inside. And the couple decided to no longer mope around. They wanted to look on the brighter side. This is their life now. They could do whatever they want without having to fear about anything.

 

And that was it.

 

The start of their happy days again.

 

“Chorong and I recently moved in to a new apartment home together.”

 

Eunji announced with a wide, proud grin across her face. It was obvious that she was unable to hide her excitement. They were building their own future now.

 

“That’s one reason why we haven’t had time to film videos together. But there’s also one more thing...”

 

Just as she was about to continue, the Youtuber glanced over from the camera as she heard the beeping sound of the door. Automatically, her eyes grew soft upon seeing her girlfriend enter the living room.

 

“Hey babe. Wanna come in? I finished explaining the hard stuff already.” She cooed, motioning her hands over as Chorong went into the frame and straight into her girlfriend’s arms, waving shyly at the camera. “Hi everyone…it’s been a long time.” Chorong greeted as she adjusted her mask. “Sorry, I have a cold so I can’t show my face today.”

 

Eunji her girlfriend’s hair and shifted her closer so that she could sit on her lap. “So, why don’t you tell the viewers what you have been up to these days?” 

 

“I’m now a freelance photographer.” The latter cutely flashed a peace sign in reply. “But from time to time, I still help out at the family restaurant as a trainer. But I’m happy.”

 

Eunji planted a kiss on her cheek. “That’s right. All that matters is that you are happy.”

 

The Youtuber then proceeded to shamelessly promote her girlfriend’s new job by running back and forth their bedroom and the filming set to show off Chorong’s printed photographs that featured a models posing for a clothing brand and then shots of scenery located in a forest and later, aesthestically taken pictures of food.

 

“They are so pretty! Look at this art!” Eunji squealed, flipping through the photos and jokingly saying to the camera that Chorong is willing to take photos of other people but not her.

 

“Hey! When did I ever say that!” The latter retaliated to which the Youtuber pouted in a whine, “You did! You were all like I’m so sick of taking photographs all day, why do I still need to take a photo of you for~ that’s what you said!” Eunji said, imitating the exact tone that her girlfriend said.

 

“That was only for that one day. I never said that I don’t want to take photographs for you. It’s just that the model I was taking off was pretty snobbish so I was a bit pissed off…” Chorong mumbled, trying to prove her point.

 

Eunji was actually playing around with her girlfriend as usual and didn’t expect her to get all serious. So, the Youtuber pulled her close, hugged her from behind and snuggled her head in the crock of Chorong's neck, “It’s all a joke, okay? I still love you.”

 

“Mm…okay.” Chorong hummed, eventually forgiving her playful girlfriend. It’s not like this was the first time anyway but she likes to do it on purpose, just so that she can see Eunji be so soft for her.

 

The Youtuber reassured her viewers that the two of them will be more active, filming videos together now that they have settled the whole “moving-in-together” phase and sorting all the junk out. But because of the nature of Chorong’s job which requires her to travel long distances for her shoots, sometimes out of town or even out of the country, it can be hard to find time together.

 

Nevertheless, that does not stop the couple’s passion for filming videos.

 

“I know the videos won’t be as regular as last time. But I promise you guys that the content we are going to have from now on will be nothing but fun!” Eunji smiled, “Please also comment down below to give any suggestions or anything that you would like to see us doing!”

 

“Hey, what if they post something inappropriate?” Chorong asked in worry to which Eunji laughed it off in a joke, “Then that video is going to get demonetized for mature content. Of course, we’ll filter it out baby! This is Youtube we’re talking about!”

 

“Ah…”

 

Chorong nodded in understanding as the couple ended the video by reminding viewers to subscribe, like, put many comments and also put the bell notification on. It has slowly become a habitual thing that they have gotten used to and started to discuss about other creative ways to make it more fun.

 

But that is for next time.

 

With a fresh start, Chorong and Eunji could do anything together now. Even more now that they live together under one roof.

 

 

--