our first vlog

My Youtuber Girlfriend

 

 

A peaceful Monday morning at Eunji’s apartment studio.

 

Ever since she moved to Seoul at the age of twenty, the Youtuber has pretty much adjusted the alone life pretty well…besides the unwashed dishes left in the sink, dirty clothes scattered all over the floor and a strange scent lingering in the air. The annoying ring of an alarm echoed into the quiet bedroom, causing the dead body to finally move. Shifting her body around as she groaned, the first thing that Eunji catches is the red blinking light of her camera on top of the cupboard.

 

“Good morning.” She yawned, waving to the camera as she picked up her phone to switch off the sound. “It is now 7am in the morning.” Talking to the camera as she rose up like a zombie, dishevelled hair flowing down her back, she broke into a chuckle, knowing that this whole look is going to come out on her video. “I don’t usually wake up this early. But I have a vocal class today.” She continued to talk, grunting halfway as the Youtuber found much difficulty getting out of bed and dragged her feet into the bathroom.

 

Putting the camera at the side of the sink, Eunji proceeded to wash her face and brush her teeth. Occasionally glancing at the camera, she would hum a melody as she looked at the mirror. Walking out to her small kitchen, Eunji switches her other cameras on. For the professional Youtuber, she positioned them last night before she went to sleep.

 

“I’m going to make a simple breakfast.” Eunji picked up four eggs from the tray and showed it to the camera. “As you know, I am an egg fan. I can’t live if I don’t eat this once a day. Anyways, I will be making an omelette and,” She waved a banana in her hand. “This.” The Youtuber then took a mug from the sink, “And coffee. Just three things for today.” As she busied herself with making breakfast, Eunji’s phone lit up with a buzz. It was not a message from her family members. Nor friends. But a good morning message from her girlfriend. Her cheekbones automatically raised upwards as she can’t help but to smile at that pop-up notification.

 

Chorong never fails to send her one every day.

 

 

Are you awake already? I know you at waking up but you can’t miss your vocal classes again.

 

Yes, yes. I’m awake baby. Thank you. Hehe. Good luck at work later. See you soon.

 

 

Knowing that her subscribers who would watch the video later would be curious, she naturally walked up to the camera and showed her phone. She plans on blurring the unnecessary messages when she edits it anyway.

 

“My girlfriend just texted me with a heart. Isn’t she cute? We’ll be meeting today so; you guys will finally get a chance to know how she looks like!”

 

Although this might be the first time that Eunji is filming a vlog for her channel, but she has done her fair amount of research and knows exactly what to do. She can’t thank enough for her bestie, Yoon Bomi who is also a well-known Youtuber. Unlike Eunji, she isn’t known for singing covers but, crazy pranks and challenges on her channel. It is no wonder why her friend is clearly way more popular than Eunji. But she believes that there is no reason to compare each other.

 

Arriving at the studio, Eunji greeted her vocal teacher and introduced him to the camera. “Teacher, say hi!” The man waved shyly to which the Youtuber laughed out loud. This is the first time she’s bringing the camera around so she finds it funny how her teacher suddenly has a change of character. Putting it somewhere so that it can record her whole session, Eunji decides to put her full attention on the lesson.

 

It starts off with a warm up. Her vocal teacher, Lim Chang Jung played several key notes on the piano as Eunji matched the tune. From the dos to the fa’s and high pitched la’s, Eunji wanted to show her viewers that this was her normal routine. The lesson continues as she begins to sing several songs and later received advice from Lim Chang Jung who demonstrated the right way to sing it.

 

Three hours pass quickly like that. As Eunji said her goodbyes to her teacher, the Youtuber took a quick break by heading down to the campus canteen. Getting a full tray of rice, meat and vegetables, the Youtuber doesn’t record any of this. Instead, she uses the time to charge her camera by slotting it onto a plug at one of the tables. Lunch time also meant that Chorong would be free by now. So, Eunji does a video call. And she’s lucky today.

 

Her girlfriend picks up.

 

“What are you eating~?” Eunji chimed through with her crescent moon eyes as she sees Chorong at a café with her co-workers. “Oh, hey guys!” She waved, greeting her girlfriend’s co-workers, Naeun and Namjoo. “Wow, must be nice. Eating such good food.” Eunji pouted as Chorong giggled, “I don’t eat good food all the time. Naeun decided to treat us because it was Namjoo’s birthday last week. What are you eating?” Eunji turned the camera to show her sad tray of food from the school’s canteen. “Oh, poor you.” Chorong cooed in response but she seemed to be making fun of her by waving a spoon of ice cream over. “Hey. I know what you’re doing.” The Youtuber pouted to which Chorong giggled.

 

“Oh ew, can y’all flirt somewhere else?!” Eunji could hear Namjoo’s disgust from afar which led to the couple laughing at her. “Okay. Go spend time with your co-workers. I got to go soon. See you later.” Eunji waved to which Chorong did as well. “Bye~”

 

As the video call cut off, the Youtuber got up from her seat and placed back her tray. She returned to get her fully-charged camera and continued filming her vlog. Now, she’s headed for the gym which was a twenty-minute walk from the campus. As she explained to the camera about her motivation to keep fit after suffering from a terrible back ache many years ago, she encouraged viewers to at least head to the gym once a week for the sake of health.

 

Bumping fists with her trainer as their special greeting, Eunji positioned her camera somewhere and started her training. It goes from simple stretching to cardio, push-ups, treadmill and weightlifting. It suddenly occurred to her mind a memory that she wanted to tell her viewers so in the middle of resting, with a towel around her neck, she picked up the camera and told a funny story.

 

“So, there was a time where I got back from the gym and went to meet my girlfriend for dinner. She was so shocked. She asked me to turn around and saw the size of my .” Eunji laughed as she could recall it so vividly. “She almost screamed at me, saying that I was dirty! Well, not that I was offended but, I could tell that she,” Eunji teasingly wriggled her eyebrows. “Liked it.”

 

“Ready for round two?” Her trainer asked, noticing the girl loitering around to which Eunji quickly put the camera down. “Yeah, let’s go!”

 

With the sun setting, Eunji is now out in the streets of crowded Hongdae. After a fresh shower at the gym and making sure that she smells nice, she will now meet Chorong. This is the first time her girlfriend will make an appearance on Eunji’s Youtube Channel and it’s a nervous thought. She isn’t sure what to expect especially when she walks through that door and Chorong sees the camera that she’s holding.

 

Unlike Eunji who had Youtube as her full-time job, Chorong was different. She was just like any other ordinary twenty-two-year-old who had her own ways to make a living. She is a general manager at a family restaurant. At this hour, it is bustling with customers. Not wanting to intrude, Eunji peeked over at the windows and spotted her girlfriend hard at work. Quietly filming her with plans to add a couple of animations to introduce Chorong, the Youtuber stays outside for a while until a playful thought passes her mind.

 

The Youtuber decides to enter the restaurant. And as expected, it doesn’t even take a second for all the staff members to know who she is.

 

“Oh, are you coming here as a customer today?” Namjoo asked, trying to ignore the fact that Eunji is holding a camera. She nodded in reply, “Just one person, please.”

 

Namjoo stared at her suspiciously but nevertheless, followed her act. She is sure that the lady has something up her sleeves again. It’s just another day where Eunji is going to get scolded by Chorong and Namjoo can’t help but to see why Eunji loves getting herself into trouble. Maybe that’s her definition of love. “This way.”

 

Following the waitress to an empty table, Eunji sat down and flipped through the menu even though she already memorised everything. There was once a time where Eunji came to the restaurant so often that Chorong banned her from coming in. Well, that doesn’t stop her though. As the Youtuber continued to film, recommending the best dishes and doing her est to promote the restaurant to her viewers, Eunji hoped that it would be enough for Chorong to forgive her.

 

“She’s probably going to be mad but it’s just so fun to see her like that.” Eunji snickered, positioning the camera at the edge of the table as she raised her hand up to order. It doesn’t take a second that she finds Chorong’s glare shooting at her head. Yup, it’s going as planned. Watching her girlfriend slowly approach her table, Eunji has to come up with an excuse…fast.

 

“Didn’t I tell you to wait for me outside?! When do you ever listen to me?! I told you I’ll be done in 30 minutes!” Chorong whispered angrily. But to Eunji, that doesn’t scare her at all. If anything, she’s just grinning so widely like a fool. Absolutely loving at how her girlfriend is so pissed at her.

 

“One ice mocha please~” Eunji pouted as she stared at the manager with those shimmering puppy eyes. The eyes that Chorong can never say no to. “Is that all?” Her girlfriend sighed to which Eunji excitedly nodded in reply. No longer wanting to nag at her, Chorong simply turned her heel around and keyed Eunji’s order into the system.

 

Happily receiving her ice mocha from Naeun, she sips it slowly and kills her time by observing her girlfriend in action. There’s more to just seeing Chorong in her black and white formal uniform. Seeing how she’s ordering around her co-workers, politely greeting the customers and almost wanting to yell at the staff in the kitchen, what a great balance of two personalities. The kind that Eunji fell so deeply in love with.

 

The Youtuber seems to have completely forgotten that the camera is still filming her being all cute and affectionate for Chorong. From sneakily taking photos of her girlfriend as if she was a celebrity to calling her over with lame excuses like asking for a tissue or asking where the toilet is, thirty minutes go by pretty quickly. Too quickly that Eunji wished it didn’t end.

 

“Let’s go. I already paid for your ice mocha.” Chorong came out of the staff room, no longer dressed in her black and white uniform as she finally noticed the camera hiding in the corner. She suddenly becomes shy but Eunji noticed it immediately. Holding onto her hand as a sign of assurance, she whispered over to her ear, “Just act normally, baby. Pretend that it isn’t there. Come on, let’s go.”

 

Arriving at the Han River, it is the couple’s usual dating spot. Heading over to the convenience store to buy their dinner, it was nothing fancy or grand. It was just the little things that were just enough for the two of them: cup noodles, snacks, cans of beer and ice cream. As they found a spot that was perfectly tucked between the setting sun and the river, the two settled down and clinked their beers.

 

Seeing how Chorong never fails to have a refreshing “ah” after taking the first sip of beer after work, is nothing but satisfying for Eunji. It makes her happy. The Youtuber does her best to make Chorong not realise that the camera is right there.

 

“Are you mad that I went inside the restaurant? I know it’s busy and all that, but I promoted it well!” Chorong hummed in thought, thinking it might be a good advertising strategy. “But I don’t want you to take advantage of your fame like that.” The girlfriend frowned. “Of course, it’s good and all. But I don’t want you to be too full of yourself okay?”

 

“Oh, come on, I’m just joking, babe.” Eunji noticed the sudden change in tone and kissed her cheek for a quick forgiveness. “I know you don’t like it when I get in between your work. I won’t do it again, okay? Hm?” The Youtuber kissed her cheek several times until Chorong moved away. “Okay, okay.” She scoffed, playfully wiping her cheek away. “Ew.”

 

“Ew?” Eunji stared at her dumbfounded. “Wow, so you act like this now huh?” She looked away with pouted lips and crossed her arms. “You were the one who liked kisses so much.” Chorong looked at her sulky girlfriend and giggled. “Don’t be such a kid. Here, eat this.” She fed her with a piece of chip and Eunji can never say no to that.

 

As they chatted and observed the sky turning from a bright orange hue to a dark blue, Eunji wanted to show to her viewers that she had a life besides singing in the studio and at home editing videos. Seeing how the camera was showing the two in a beautiful silhouette against sky, Eunji knew this would be the perfect ending shot for the vlog. So, she moved a little closer to Chorong and looked at her. “What?” Her girlfriend asks, a little preoccupied with eating. Eunji smiled softly, “I love you.” She leaned forward and pecked her lips softly. It goes really quick because they have never kissed in public (on the lips) before. And the moment after, Chorong hits Eunji.

 

“What are you doing?!” She whispered, a little shy and embarrassed as her face has already gone all red. Eunji winked with a cheeky smile, “I just wanted to. Anyways, I’m turning off the camera now.” She shrugged and stretched over to pick the device up to shut it down. “How was it? The filming?” Chorong glared at her. “You better edit the video well…” Eunji laughed and grabbed her face, rubbing thumbs across as the blush wouldn’t go away. “Aw~ is that so? Okay baby. I’ll show it to you before I upload, okay? You did great today.” She hummed, pulling her into an embrace as her fingers traced down Chorong’s hair.

 

“I’m just worried about what others would think…when they see us like that. Being all lovey-dovey and kissing each other.” Eunji frowned, knowing very well about her girlfriend’s worries when the video goes public. “Hey, it’s not a crime to be in love, baby.” She understands it but she doesn’t want to keep hiding forever. “Sure, there will be people who will hate us. There will be people who will say bad things about us. But ignorance is a bliss. Who are they to comment about our love life? It’s us in the end who gets to decide.”

 

It gives Chorong a moment of thought before she nods in agreement. “Mm…you’re right. I’m just…you know…”

 

“Yep. You overthink too much. Come on, let’s finish up and I’ll send you home. You still have curfew right?”

 

Chorong sighed at that, realising how strict how parents were, even when she was already an adult. “Yeah, let’s go.”

 

It will be a lot more difficult when she has to come out to them one day. But she’ll think about it later. For now, her parents still have no idea about Youtube and how it works. And even though she introduced Eunji as her “best friend from college”, they think that they are very “good friends”. And nothing more.

 

A week later, Eunji sends the completed, edited video of their vlog to Chorong. She looks at it and gives it a green light. With that, the Youtuber uploaded her first ever vlog, introducing her life and the first reveal of her girlfriend. Eunji wasn’t sure what to expect.

 

But as time went on, that vlog became the most viewed video on her channel. She began to see comments of people finding their chemistry cute and wanted to see more videos of them together.

 

 

-How I wish I could have a life like those two. So jealous T_T

-Oh my god, when Eunji kept on watching her girlfriend at work. Her eyes were literally melting with honey. So sweet!

-Go to 10:13 for the most relatable moment in life. Having your girlfriend nag to you. I can relate to that.

-That kiss at the end is so beautiful! Had to take a screenshot of that.

-Does anyone know what are their Instagrams?

-Like if you’re single and watching this anyway.

 

 

Seeing the positive response gave Eunji confidence. It also gave her a lot more ideas for videos that she could film with her girlfriend. And she is sure that it will give them so many good memories. The Youtuber wrote down a whole list of things that they could do. Although at first, Chorong was reluctant but after looking at the comments herself, she too thought that it was worth to try.

 

And so, this was the start of their journey together as a Youtube Couple.

 

 

--