With you, For you...♡

And Then There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minyoung was still arranging their food on a tray...not looking at Jaewook who was making his way towards her.  As she sensed him approaching..she washed her hands and wipe them on her waist-tied apron...the snacks are finally ready.

MY: Was it Jessie unni? Tcch! Unni really..she doesn't trust me at all.(smiling...looking up)...how many times has she called me tod...

She paused as she found Jaewook staring at her with an expression she couldn't quite read.  Oh?

MY: Oppa? What's wrong? Are you okay?

Looking at his serious expression, she went in front of the counter and touched his forehead...

MY: You're all red and warm...are you coming down with something? I'll get some water...

As she was about to turn...he pulled her back to face him. 

Already feeling affected, Jaewook didn't know what to say...you're still worrrying about me? Park Minyoung...you're making me feel a little undeserving of you right now...

Unsure of how to approach the matter...Jaewook just  followed where his heart led him...and said what he truly felt...

JW: What am I going to do now? 

MY: Mmm? 

JW: It feels like I'm falling...and I don't know where I'll land...

MY: Oppa... 

JW: Save me...Park Minyoung...

He wrapped his arms around her waist and let his head rest on her shoulder...Still puzzled, Minyoung hugged him back and rubbed the back of his neck...What on earth happened? Save him from what?

MY: Wh...(didn't understand him...but)..How? (...still wanted to save him...)

JW: I...love you...so much...you don't even know...

MY: (Immediately felt relieved...)...Aigoo...aegida...aegi (you're such a baby)...I thought it was something serious...

JW: It is...

MY: Of course I know...

JW: You don't...not even close...

Jaewook tightened his grip on her. She could feel his body trembling...why is he so emotional? Why this talk of love all of a sudden? Ahhhhh.....(came to a conclusion...but not very accurate as usual when it comes to reading his actions).  It's our final night together and here I am obsessing over snacks...Park Minyoung neo! What kind of lover are you? 

MY: Alright...we'll have the snacks later. Let's go to bed...mmm? I'll...

Jaewook lifted his face and gave her a look of disbelief.  But she was looking at him so lovingly and innocently... You think this is about that...hah! You're such a...

JW: Pabo...

MY: Who? Me?...waeyo...I was just...distracted...because you're hungry...I'm ready now...let's go...(aegyo...pushing the snacks tray aside)

Jaewook let out a frustrated sigh...this girl...the more she talks...the further away from the truth she gets...

JW: It's not that...

MY: It's not? A..are you sure...?...coz you're warm all over and you're actually trembling a little right now...

JW: I know I'm obvious...but not that...obvious

She quickly held his hand, led him to the sofa...and sat him down next to her as though he was going to fall apart. 

MY: Kwenchanayo...you don't have to act cool about it...we're lovers anyway...

JW: What am I going to do with you?  (...let's quickly get to the point...) Are you ready to tell me what's bothering you? You said you would...this morning...

Minyoung was suddenly quiet...aishhh this man doesn't let anything slip.... She could feel the seriousness in his voice...serious Jayden is scary...

MY: It...it's not even important...just my own silly whim...let's talk about why you're

JW: Are you saying you're not as important to me as I am to you right now?

MY: Oppa...

JW: Kerom naega mwoga dwae? (Then what does that make me?)

MY: Wait....that didn't come out right...

JW: Give me the chance to do things for you too, jebal...I want to know...if you're conflicted about me...about us...or what worries you

MY: Oppa...

JW: Why does sister-in-law keep calling you? You can tell her but not me? Wae...

MY: (Looking down...biting her lip...maybe this is for the best...stop hesitating Minyoung ahh...)...allright...I will. I'll tell you...(loosening up...)

Jaewook looked at her intently....expectantly...

MY: (Let out a deep breath)...after I shower!!

And she ran to the bedroom...

JW: Park Minyoung!! Come back here! You have already showered!

Minyoung quickly ran to the room and closed the door behind her. 

MY: Omg! Nae shimjang! Scary saja...ahhh!The rings! 

She rummaged through the bedside drawer to look for them.

MY: Huh? Where are they? Aishhhh....!! I've been carrying them around so much...I can't remember where I last put them...Think Park Minyoung!! Didn't I put them here? 

She went through the other drawers and looked at the dress she wore this evening...the cardigan...ahhh! Oppa...wait...

In the living room.

Frustrated...Jaewook slumped back at the sofa. Maybe I should just be the one proposing to commit...but I don't have anything with me...it's too sudden... how would I know she was into things like promise rings being the rocker she is?! Ahhh Jaewook neo!  You were impatient! Coax her not force her! 

After a while...Minyoung was still not out of the room...and Jaewook was beginning to feel she was backing out again...Have I not given her the right signs?...He sighed and let his thoughts wander...feeling a little dejected that it was so difficult for her to tell him her feelings...


         🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤


After quite some time...Jaewook heard Minyoung calling him softly...

MY: Oppa? Oppa...

He realised he had dozed off at the sofa...Minyoung was standing in front of him, waking him up. True enough she was wearing the same clothes...why did she say she wanted to shower when she didn't?...Jaewook looked away...pouting...

MY: Are you upset...namchin-nim?

JW: Mmmm...no...(half-heartedly)

MY: Let's go to bed...

JW: I'll sleep here...

MY: You're upset...(ahhh...he can still be this cute^^)

JW: I don't want to talk about it anymore...

MY: It's too late now...

JW: Huh? (still can't help but feel unhappy...)

MY: I've done it...already...

JW: What?

She took his hand and held it...

MY: It's a perfect fit...I even got the size right...I think I'm a genius...(smiling...)

Jaewook looked at his left hand and saw a bronze ring on his pinkie finger...she had one too, on her right hand...they looked just like the ones he dreamed about months before...he was speechless...she finally put it on for me...he kept staring at their hands...he was elated and his heart was inexpicably at ease...

MY: If...if you...can consider it, I...mean as a start...I want you to know that I'm yours alone.  (...Suddenly explaining herself)...it's just a pinkie ring...so don't feel too burdened by it okay?

JW: Youngie ahh...

MY: I'm not going to hide you anymore...I'll tell appa too...if...you'll let me...I hate pretending you don't exist in my life...(a little nervous)...the truth is...I feel a little guilty too...

Jaewook held both her hands and pulled her down onto his lap...

JW: Komawo...for wanting that...I...was so afraid you won't hang on to me...after all that has happened...

MY: Why wouldn't I? When I love you this much...

JW: When I came here two nights ago...I wasn't even sure you'd take me back...

MY: I didn't even know you'd come for me...and now I...don't want to lose you again...

Jaewook pulled her to him and hugged her tightly...he wanted to forget those days he was without her...coming here was the best decision he ever made...

MY: I just..wasn't sure you wanted to commit to us

JW: I want to...I always wanted to...I'm sorry I was too slow...in showing you...

MY: I understand...Jessie unni told me...

JW: That's why she kept calling you? You must know... that having you with me was more important than anything...so I didn't want...to scare you away...

Minyoung saw real worry in his eyes...he must've been so traumatised before...

MY: That's okay...maybe I was meant to be the one to ask you first...I would've asked sooner if I wasn't so unsure...

JW: Thank you sweetheart...for being brave...saranghae

Jaewook looked lovingly into her eyes...She cupped his face in her hands and softly kissed his lips...she was already on his lap and just wanted to be with him on their last night together...but he suddenly stopped her and held her shoulders...she was taken aback...

JW: No...

MY: N..no? (surprised....)...w...waeyo? 

JW: You've done so much for me until now...so that's  enough...for tonight...

MY: What? But I want to...it's our last night and...I don't know when I'll see you again...

JW: Youngie ahh...I've never been with anyone more giving than you...(looking into her eyes)...I'm always the one receiving...even this (showed the ring on his fing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter