To Where We Were...♡

And Then There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In omoni's bedroom...Minyoung sat beside the bed...applying some ointment on omoni's forehead. She was still nagging and only stopped when she saw omoni smiled a little...

ON: I'm feeling better Minyoung ahh...really...komawo

MY: Are you sure you don't need medication? Maybe I can get...

ON: No...I'm fine...you look tired aswell...are you okay? 

MY: I'm okay...maybe just a little sleepy...I had a late night...a commercial shooting

ON: That's not what I'm talking about...I meant...adjusting to being with Jaewook...and turning around your parents' disapproval...

MY: Omma... (surprised)...you knew? (Is that why they have been inviting me to come here from time to time?)

ON: You've worked hard Minyoung ahh...

MY: I'm sorry omma...I was so used to being alone...I didn't realize I wasn't doing my part enough...

Omoni held her hand.

MY: And I'm sorry for the way I treated him in public... I was so scared of us being exposed that I compromised his feelings about the whole thing...(sighing...looking down)...I overdid it...you must've been upset when

ON: We were just confused.  You must've either hated him or loved him a lot...we wanted to know for sure, especially after seeing you at his house...

MY: I know I'm not someone ideal for him...

ON: That's not true...What's ideal anyway? Jaewook too, if he was ideal, he'd be able to express himself better to you...Minyoung ahh...everyone is work in progress...I want you to start loving each other at this point, and stop wasting time feeling sorry for one another...is that possible?

MY: Omma...I...

ON: Promise me....coz that can only work if you feel you deserve each other...that no one is greater or inferior than the other...

MY: (Touched...)...I want that to omma...but I dunno if what I'm doing is

ON: It's enough...he's grateful and he doesn't even know some of the things you're doing...like spending time with us and learning to cook his favourite dishes...taking care of his home...(smiling at her...)...these are all your efforts too...

MY: Thank you omma...it means a lot to me

ON: At this rate...hmmm...he might even...cry? (Laughing)

MY: Omo...hahah...

ON: I won't be surprised...he's a sentimental kid...he just looks cool...actually he is anything but...

MY: I knoww....(smiling..)

ON: Mianhae...he takes after his...aboji (whispering)

MY: Noooo....really? But that's part of oppa's charm...aboji too...

They both laughed...

ON: He's a softie...but he loves fiercely...maybe you know this already...it's all or nothing for him, no in-betweens

MY: Yes...no in-betweens...I knew he was serious when he said he didn't want a futureless relationship...that scared me more than my parents' disapproval...

ON: (Pausing...) Minyoung ahh...he just needs some convincing...that you're into this relationship as much as he is...it never crossed his mind that you weren't ready.  It...shocked him, to say the least. The future he was imagining with you at that time was very far ahead...

Minyoung looked at omma questioningly...and omma nodded.

ON: There! In case he couldn't tell you.

MY: Omma...Why won't he tell me? I...just...can never get him to talk about us seriously after he left...he'd 

ON: I thought so...he didn't want you to feel any worse than you already did...besides...all these did not make him love you any less...just a little hesitant.  You must know that all the sacrifices you're making now, are not a requirement for his love...he'd never ask these of you...

MY: (Oppa...) But I should have made these adjustments for us...even without being asked right?  Omma...how do I convince him...we don't even see each other...I can't let him drift apart from...

ON: You'll see him soon I'm sure...tell him. Better still...show him...You're a fighter, Minyoung ahh...thank you for not giving up...and putting in all these effort...

MY: He is worth all the effort omma...

ON: My son is lucky...

MY: I'm lucky too...he really has cool parents...

ON: Doesn't he? (Smiling...) Please take care of him...he's yours now...

MY: Ne!! (Finally smiling...) And I will convince him too...omma! 

ON: Never doubted it for a second! He's easily convinced anyway...

Minyoung's eyelids suddenly felt heavy and she yawned a little..

ON: (Eyeing her...ah chance!)...Why don't you sleep over? I've cleaned the guest room...even his room...

MY: (Minyoung gave a smile that omoni didn't quite understand...)

ON: Wae?

MY: Omma...if I do that...I'm so shameless right? Even oppa is not here...and we're...y'know...not quite together right now...yet...I mean

Oh...so that's why she never wanted to sleep over, she felt like she didn't belong here...Omoni thought.  

ON: Don't worry about that...he loves you and you...love him right?

MY: Huh? O..of course...

ON: Kerom dwaesso...(then that's enough)...stay over tonight...

Minyoung was hesitant...Sean was coming to fetch her anyway and she didn't bring any change...

MY: B..but Sean oppa...and my change...maybe next time omma

ON: Sean can stay for dinner and Jaewook's sister-in-law's clothes...there's a whole closet of those...there's always a set of new pajamas aswell...and toileteries...

MY: I'll think about it...okay omma...

ON: Think about it lying down then...come on...your eyes are half-closed already...I'll finish up in the kitchen...

MY: B..but...I can't sleep (looking at herself...)

ON: That's right!...you've been cooking for hours...I'll get a towel and the new pajamas....you wash up and rest. Dinner is a few hours away anyway...I'll wake you...

MY: A..are you sure about this omma? It seems a little too sudden and...

ON: Of course I'm sure...let's get you to the guest room...or would you prefer Jaewook's room? I'll let Sean in when he comes...

MY: O..okay...(giving in)

Minyoung was really exhausted anyway...and a good hot shower and hairwash was what she really wanted. She let omoni take her hand and led her to the guestroom.

 

      🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

 

Jaewook pulled over at the side of the rest area after having driven for half an hour...he wound down his window and took in the fresh air...after a few minutes, he closed it again...and reclined his seat...let's take a quick nap before continuing. He was feeling a little drowsy from all the coffee he drank while travelling...as he was about to doze off, a call came...

JW: Uh...finally!! (Quickly answered it..)...hello?

MY: Oppa... (her voice rather slurry...)

JW: Hmm...are you okay? You sound a little...were you sleeping?

MY: About to...and you?

JW: About to aswell....wahhh!! We're sleeping together! 

And then he realised that didn't sound anything like what he meant..

MY: Huh? 

JW: That...came out...wrong...mian (Okay...that's embarrassing!)

MY: (chuckled..) You're just...( paused...cute^^)

JW: I heard...(desperate to change the subject...)...you didn't do the new reality show...and you've been helping Jieun with the babies...why didn't you tell me?

MY: You'll know it eventually anyway...plus...it's nothing to brag about...the fact that I'm only doing these now after what happened...I should've done them before...

JW: Minyoung ahh...don't feel burdened...you promised...

MY: I'm not...don't think that...I'm just...a little sentimental today...(looking around his room...snuggled under his covers...it had his wonderful scent) 

JW: Wae...? (softly...)

MY: It feels like you're here...I miss you...so much.  I've been feeling a little emotional about a lot of things,...I need a recharge, I guess...in your arms...especially now...

Jaewook was silent...he had always kept their conversations light since he left for Osaka. He didn't want to make the situation any more difficult for her.  And Minyoung rarely admitted she's vulnerable. She was always strong and in control...but now...she missed him and needed him...he felt a little shaken by her earnest request...

MY: Oppa? Are you still there?

JW: Y..yes I am...

MY: I've lost my charm right? Ahhh...I shoud have kept my mouth shut...

JW: Quite the contrary...the truthful Minyoung is really beautiful...it's just quite a lot to take in...and you're far away...I can't exactly give you what you need...right now

MY: Waaahhh...you're just (...I love you oppa...)

JW: What? Wae...that's the second time you didn't finish your sentence...

MY: I finish them in my head...it's best for the both of us....Are you ever coming to me? Don't you want to? Hmm?

JW: (Okay...she's really sentimental today...) I want to, of course...it's all I've been thinking about lately...how...when...this long time apart is making

MY: ...things a little awkward right? I feel it too...what if I won't recognize you anymore?...(joking)

JW: Wh...at? How can you not recognize me...

MY: It's a bad joke...sorry oppa. But still...we've never been apart this long...almost five months...it might take a little getting used to...again

JW: That...

MY: I don't know if you have changed...

JW: I haven't...

MY: Or if you still loved me the same...

JW: Of course I do...

MY: Or if you missed me like you used to...

JW: I miss you...

MY: Or...maybe this time ap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter