Let's Be Lovers...

And Then There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Yuri was face-to-face with Jaewook and her heart kept beating faster.  All the memories of them together came flooding in and she suddenly felt overwhelmed.  He looked good, better than she had imagined. He was in white again...with a simple pair of blue jeans...the marks of age on his face were making him more masculine than she remembered. His hair was trimmed neatly, not long and or tied back as it was when they were together...he also wasn't smiling at her like he used to.

JW: Let's make this quick...

YR: Oppa...don't you miss me?

JW: Let's not go there...it's not relevant anymore...

This is not going to be easy...she thought.  Suddenly losing confidence in her mission. It has been too long I guess...the gap between us has gotten too wide..

YR: Oppa...I am sorry...

JW: And I forgive you...I'm sorry too...so let's just stop this...

YR: You are angry...if you have forgiven me, why are you angry?

JW: I am not angry...I am desperate...to close this chapter of my life...so..

YR: I miss you oppa...

Jaewook let out a long sigh....what is she expecting to gain by saying all this? 

JW: What do you want from me Im Yuri ssi?

YR: I was hoping we could start over...

JW: Hah! (disbelief)...Im Yuri...what ever makes you think I am available? Even so...I don't want to...

YR: You're seeing someone? If not then why are you...

JW: I'm in love with someone...so

YR: You're lying! There's no news or...

JW: We haven't gone public...yet

YR: I don't believe it...(tears rolled down her eyes...my hunch was right all along...)

JW: Don't cry...we were just...not meant to be...

YR: What have I done oppa? I should have...

JW: It wouldn't have made a difference...something else would have happened and we'd still part...

Yuri slumped onto the sofa. Her knees felt weak and she felt all her energy draining from her body...

YR: It can't...I can't ....oppa...I can't lose you...

JW: Why are you like this? This is our past...you need to move forward...like you did 3 years ago. What happened to that girl?

YR: That girl...lost you oppa...

JW: Stop being melancholic about it...it was just a fact...we lost each other...that was it...

YR: If only I had said 'yes'...

JW: Well...you didn't...and we both accepted that

YR: But I always knew you it would be you...eventually...

JW: (Sighing)

YR: How do I accept this? I can't...after all we've been through...

JW: You're just emotional right now...once you're back in Japan, you'll

YR: I'm not going back...not without you...

JW: What are you saying? Weren't you listening? I'm in a relationship with someone...

YR: We were once there too...and look at us now...it means nothing...

JW: She means everything to me...

YR: So was I !! 

JW: Stop it Yuri! I'm not going anywhere with you and that's the end of it!

YR: I won't leave then...I'll stay here...in Seoul...

JW: Don't be silly...your career is in Japan...

YR: I don't care...it's not important right now...

JW: Listen to yourself!...your career was everything to you...you left me because of it...you belong there...

YR: I belong with you...oppa...please...I know it now...

JW: This is obviously not going anyw....

YR: Give me a chance oppa...I just need

JW: How?? There's no way...and for what? You are being disrespectful to my girlfriend right now...stop acting like she doesn't exist!

YR: Don't say that! I was your lover oppa! I think I have the right for a proper closure...

JW: Not anymore, you don't...besides...

His phone suddenly rang and he quickly saw 'Judy'.  It was Minyoung...wait...is she coming today? Then he looked at the situation he was in...it didn't look good...

JW: You need to leave...I'm sorry but...

YR: Is that her? (still dazed)

JW: This was a bad idea...she might come here...

YR: Why are you so afraid? She doesn't trust you...does she?

JW: She does...but no girl wants to see another woman at her man's place...so please

His words 'her man's place' pierced through her heart. It was hurtful...you used to be mine oppa...

YR: I'm not giving up oppa...I didn't come all this way just to receive a cold shoulder from you...

JW: (clearly unable to focus)...That's up to you...I'm telling her about you anyway...so please, can you leave? 

YR: I will leave for today...but

JW: I have changed my password...so don't come here anymore...

YR: (clearly upset)...Why didn't you change it before knowing I can come here again...?

JW: Coz I thought you wouldn't!!...So why must I? And the password has nothing to do with you in the first place!

YR: You are so cold...

JW: Coz you are not listening...Yuri yaa

YR: (paused)...It's been ages...since you call me that...

JW: Yuri ssi...(correcting himself)...please leave...

YR: I will find my way...to you again oppa...

JW: Im Yuri! Jebal...(frustrated)

With that she quickly grabbed her purse and headed to the door...

In her car, Yuri was wiping her tears that would not stop flowing. 

YR: Ahhh...he is so cold!! (crying...she can't contain her jealousy over his warm reference towards his new girlfriend...and how he was treating her instead)

YR: Kwenchana Yuri yaa....

YR: I've never seen you panic like that, oppa...what's the point?...She hasn't fully trusted you right? How far do you think that relationship could go. I trusted you fully when we were together...

I'll be broken if I don't at least try to save us oppa...please understand..With that determination, she dried her tears and drove off...


           🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤


Minyoung, Aeri and Hyuna were hanging out together at the cafe after hours...They were taking their time, chatting while cleaning and arranging stuff, preparing to close. 

HN: I still think you should just jump on him...

MY: Yaaaaa!! (although not shocked)

AR: She's not desperate Hyuna yaa...(looking at Minyoung...)...or is she....? Hmmm....

HN: She wants to...I can tell...jagi!! You're dreaming again...

MY: Aniii....why is he hesitating? Wae?? 

AR: You know he's a gentleman...

MY:(Lies down on the sofa)...he's too polite...that's the problem....I told him that...

HN: You did? And...what was his response?

MY: Y'know...the usual stuff...we just got together...I looked tired...that sort of thing...I mean, what can I say?? He was holding back because of me...

HN: There's such a thing as useless politeness..sesangh e!

AR: But does he...I mean...show...y'know (motioning something with her hands...)

HN: What are you trying to show there? Are you drawing a volcanoe? Just say it...it's only us here...

MY: That looks more like a hurricane...

AR: Alright...alright...does he find you ually attractive? There!!

MY: Wha....

HN: What? Of course he does...look at her!

AR: Yaa...why are you shouting? Let's be objective here...

MY: He does, I'm sure of it...hence my confusion...(getting more confused)...I am definitely attracte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter