Happiness is... ♡

And Then There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear readers,

      In this difficult time...I sincerely hope everyone is healthy and safe at home. The same goes to our otp, Minyoung and Jaewook...and their fur babies...please be safe. This is my bit of contribution and I hope it lifts your spirits...even just a little.

His birthday is coming real soon so...don't forget to wish him well on his IG page...okay? Take care and much love...

your author,

mybabywoo 🖤

 

        🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

 

5 months later

After collecting his luggage, he proceeded to the arrival gate and started making his way to the mpv...he then immediately made a call to Minyoung...that's what they promised to do for each other every time they travel away from home...after just one ring, she answered...

JW: Hey baby...I just arrived...now I'm...

MY: Stop walking like the airport is your runway nampyeon nim....so cool...my eyes are hurting...

JW: I'm not walking like...wait...you can see me? (Looking around)...seolma...aniji?

MY: That woman there...in the blue jacket...she's been following you too closely since you entered the gate...what's her deal??

JW: Park Minyoung...(loves it when she's jealous)

MY: Wae...yeo? And those two girls... Don't they know you're married? Chamkkan....they look underaged...why aren't they in school?

JW: Mwo? Wh...where? (Wait...what am I doing?)

MY: Tcch! Two sets of wedding bands, TWO!...still this many girls around you...you're married to me for two life times y'know...not just one...(nagging...)

JW: (Hiding his delight...) Are you listening to me? Where are you? It's so risky...what if your fans see you...

MY: I miss youuuu...(sudden aegyo)

JW: Don't change the subject...

MY: You look hot...(changing the subject)

JW: Don't flirt...

MY: Seriously...babyyy...(flirting...)

JW: Mm? (Affected...) Don't do this to me...not now....when I'm missing you like crazy...and knowing you're here...

MY: (I do it because it always works...) I have a schedule till late night...so I want to see you...first...before I go...I did good, didn't I?

JW: Where are you...? let me look at you (his eyes searching through the crowds)

MY: Look up...3 o'clock...I'm wearing your Nike jacket...if you see a y chic checking you out

Jaewook looked up...

JW: I see...her...(my wife...)

Silence. They were just lost for words...and they weren't even sure why...She was in his hoodie with her mask on... wearing a short skirt and a pair of sneakers...although far, and he had his sunglasses on...she felt his gaze on her and it made her feel things she'd rather not show...

MY: Ehemm....(clearing ) Well? (Breaking the silence...a little embarrassed)

JW: Well? (She's shy...)

MY: Is she y?

JW: I'll tell her when I get home. Why is it suddenly so stuffy here...? (ping his jacket...and randomly hugged his assistant...who totally didn't care...his fans were laughing at him)

Minyoung laughed out loud...he's so extra...just my style. Jaewook was laughing too...she's gonna think I'm an idiot...

MY: Aww baby...(wiping her teary eyes from laughing)...you're hot being all dorky...if only...I can run to you now...

JW: Don't tempt me...you're hot too when...(thinking...) you're just hot...when will you be home?

MY: Late...but Sunmi and Dongwook oppa are at home...with beer and snacks. Sean oppa, the girls and Hwan too...just a welcome get-together...I'll join later after the final scene is done...

JW: Arasso...but what's to welcome? I've only been away for a week...

MY: But it's the longest you've been away since we got married...

JW: Exactly...so...I was hoping it'll just be us tonight...

MY: Should I tell them to go home? (Cheeky)

JW: You're making fun of me...

MY: Me?...Am I not here just so I can see you...even from far? I'm literally fighting with myself right now...

JW: You always know what to say...God I miss you...

MY: Me too...so much...I'm okay now that I've seen you...

JW: I'm not...(truthful...as always)

MY: Husband... (affected...as always)

JW: Don't be too long...okay

MY: Wait for me?

JW: Already am...(looking up again...she was leaning cutely on the railing...waving at him...like a fangirl. He waved back...) Deokmi ssi...bogoshipo...

MY: Oppa...don't stop walking...people will notice...

JW: (realising...)..oh...mian...

MY: Kwanjangnim...I love you...I'll see you later

JW: You'd better...

He saw her slowly turn and disappeared into the crowd...A smile lingered on his lips...it's good being married...only now her leaving doesn't pinch his heart anymore...knowing she'll be home tonight...they will be talking for hours...cuddling in front of the tv...bickering over nothing important....and...that she'll be sleeping in his arms...I never knew happiness can be so simple...did I say it's good being married?

JS: Hyung?

Jungseok, his assistant...nudged him.

JS: Don't smile for no reason...hyung...it's scary...

JW: Yaah! Of course I have a reason...a good reason...

JS: Okay then...Let's go! The van is right there...

    

          🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤


The so-called welcome get-together was in full swing at around 11 pm.  The girls had prepared some snacks and ordered fried chicken. The boys brought beer...

DW: I thought Jieun was coming...what happened?

AR: She couldn't make it...the theater practice is taking longer than expected Dongwook ssi...

HN: She came to the cafe earlier though...

DW: When are you girls going to drop your honorifics with me? Just Dongwook oppaaa....like that

SM: Like you call Jaewook oppa...just try it unnies

JW: Keurae...mwoga oryeowo? I'm married to your best friend...and this guy is my best friend...that's pretty close relationship I think...

Aeri and Hyuna both looked at each other...

AR: Maybe when we're a bit more drunk...

They all laughed at the girls...

JH: They have no problem talking down and bullying me though...hmmm....why is that?

SK: Coz they like you...that's why (patting his shoulder)...by the way...when is she coming? We've been here for hours...

JW: Late she says...

SK: We may have to leave first then...

JW: Hyung...stay. This is the first time we can get together like this...we're all so busy

AR: So how's married life so far...oppa? Bearable?

Jaewook smiled...

JW: Better than bearable...I think...definitely

JH: I still can't believe Minyoung is married...that girl...

DW: I can't believe Jaewook is married...he told me he was going to be single forever...LIAR!

JW:...if the right person didn't come along...IF....but...as you can see...

SK: She came along...

JW: What choice did I have? (Laughed jokingly...)

DW: Then why am I still single?

JW: Because you're playing dumb...(eyeing Sunmi...)...leave him Sunmi yaa...this is your chance!

DW: Chinggu ya...

Everyone ...and Sunmi was red with embarrassment...

SM: The best thing about being married oppa? (changing the subject)...stop being so secretive...

JW: Hmmm...(thinking)...

JH: He can't choose...there are too many hahaha...

JW: I guess having 'my person'...in this life. It's an amazing feeling...an army of one...but it's all you ever need...

DW: Philosophical as usual...and confusing!

AR: Uh...that's exactly what Minyoung wanted...I mean...

HN: Many years ago...in an interview...she was asked why she wanted to get married...when so many people advised her not to...

JH: Ah! I remember that one!

JW: What did she say? (curious)

AR: She said she wanted to have...that ONE person...who is always on her side...no matter what...

HN: Just like you oppa...your army of ONE...

SM: Awwww.....ship! Ship! (excited...)

DW: Sweetie they are already married so...

SM: I don't care...ship!

JW: Komawo Sunmi yaa...

The door to the apartment suddenly beeped a few times after being unlocked and Minyoung emerged from the door...carrying a dufflebag and a pack of beer in her hand.

MY: Annyeong!!! Minyoungie wasso!!  ... having too much fun without me? (stretching her arms for a hug)

Everybody got up to greeted her...they all hugged her and helped her with her jacket and stuff she was carrying...

AR: Jagi yaa...why so late?...we're about to leave...

MY: Uh? Andwaeee....I just got here...I've got...beer and

HN: ...we have to open the cafe tomorrow...and you look (looking at her up and down)...exhausted...to put it mildly...

Minyoung protested... and she immediately looked for Jaewook for backup... she found him walking towards her...smiling.  Her heart already beating fast...calm down pabo ya!

JW: I already asked them to stay a bit more...(hugging her...gosh her cheeks are so cold!)

MY: Oppa...(heart eyes)...w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter